5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Great game, boys are happy with it, if there happy I'm happy.
Published 21 days ago by marion wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars A Flawed, Beautiful Game
I'll start with the big (and unfortunately limited) positives:
As an offline football game, the gameplay is fantastic. Passing, shooting and dribbling are smooth and realistic, love it. The characteristics and strengths of players are mirrored well, and overall control of your 11 players is better than ever. I love the fact that it is harder, as i used to be able to...
Published 18 months ago by Burnand

‹ Previous | 120 21 2227 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 2012, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
This was a present for my grand children and they are very please with it so it is hard or me to comment on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!! Must have!!!, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
Very Fast delivery, it's a great game with amazing graphics, i'll recomend for all football fans. Good price for this kind of game.

5.0 out of 5 stars For football fans!, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
EA Sports FIFA series is becoming better and better and the detail is amazing - FIFA 12 is the top so far.
The game has so many features, offline and online, that I didn't yet had time to explore them all.
Playing options are such that anyone will find at least a couple of them that will like.
You can play in any of the major leagues, with national teams in championships and even, if you someday get bored, you can still go online and play virtual championships with players from all around the world.
In my opinion and from my experience, an HD LCD and an internet connection is a must to be able to see all the detail and have access to all the online features that will for extend it's life time until... until... FIFA 13?

3.0 out of 5 stars The updates are not worth the disc they are encrypted on. But if you are new to the franchise this is a perfect time to buy!, 29 Dec 2011
Mr P. Edwards (Essex, UK, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
The FIFA game franchise has been going on for a long time now. Each year they come out with some new additions and charge us all 40 for them, when really what we are buying are essentially like-for-like football simulation games. And however much EA may try to make out they have changed and however much we might tell ourselves has changed, we all know that really it hasn't and the experience is not improved enough each year to justify the hefty price tag.

This year there are a few updates. The tacking system has changed slightly, meaning you can now press the R1 button to track players and keep locked to them. Furthermore, you no longer have to for go an image cut when the ball goes off for a throw in, play continues naturally. On manager mode you get far more offers for your players and you have to deal with the press. Again EA have slightly changed the menu layout in order to disillusion us in to thinking that the experience is more different than it actually is. There are also a couple of changes in the logistics of manger mode and various other features such as ultimate team but nothing which in the real world actually changes your gaming experience.

However, despite the fact that EA have had years and years to perfect this franchise there are still problems a plenty. The simulation of days on manager mode takes ages and can be rather annoying. Manager mode still has various glitches where it will tell you, you have players who are suspended who are not in fact suspended. Making substitutes still incurs an annoyingly lengthy loading time. Finally, penalties are still almost impossible to take. If you move the stick a middling amount the ball will go miles wide (regardless of whether you kick it at the right moment) and if you only move the stick a small amount it will go straight down the middle. There is no inbetween. Free kicks are also annoyingly difficult and there seems to be very little 'knack' to taking them either, the whole set piece system feels very clunky.

Therefore, the hefty price tag of almost 30 is certainly not worth the money. So why does this franchise do so well every year? Because in the past improvements have been major and thus people have got used to buying the new version of FIFA year after year, this has made it almost a fashion statement to get the new copy of FIFA. Therefore, we all have to get it so that we can play with our friends on the new version when really we were getting as good an experience from the previous edition. Therefore, it is not until this traditionalist additude to buying this game ends that we will have to pay fairer amounts for these updates. And eventually I hope a 10 downloadable update will be made available each year, thus justify the cost of purchasing the new title.

But don't get me wrong, if you have not brought a game in this franchise for a while and you are not greeting this as an 'update' game rather a stand alone game then it is perfect. The modes are very diverse and they offer a wide range of different experiences. The online competition mode with friends where you can play seasons of 10 games against each other is great fun. The ultimate team feature makes for fantastic escapism. The graphics are fantastic and the play designs are spot on. On these basis it is hard to fault this game, so if you are new to this franchise or have been away for a few years this is a perfect time to return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
Great game! If you like sports then try this because it is a must have.
Arrived in time and everything was perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as I had hoped, 12 Nov 2011
Mr. A. J. Maitland (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
As a bit of background I have played Fifa and Pro Evo every year since 97. Whenever I get a new version in this case Fifa I play on legendary straight away and carry on with another years good football.

I am six weeks in now and am still not totally happy. The tactical defending is a good idea but it is dull. I prefered legacy whereby games were a slog but you had to dig in and wait for chances. The turning and dribbling on this game are really poor due to the defending.

I now cannot play on legendary as I cannot stop the computer scoring and it feels no matter what you do attacking or defending your moves are stopped by the computer, but world class is too easy and I don't want to win 5-0 every time as happens no matter what teams I play with.

I only play online now which is a great setup and enjoyable but tactical defending makes the game a lottery. I don't mind conceding or even losing games if its competitve and been a good game but more often than for at least a few years I switch off from playing feeling more annoyed regarding how they have changed the game.

I understand EA always wants new customers and a new angle to sell the game on but I prefered the old style. Not to say this is a bad game I just hoped I would be enjoying it more at this stage of owning it.

I would still recommend it to all gamers it just feels to me as an experienced campaigner a bit of a let down

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, 7 Nov 2011
Hi,
i'm an italian player and i have buy this game 30 days ago.
It's simply perfect, the best soccer game for consolle in all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars bueno,bonito y barato, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
buen juego con nuevo sistema defensivo..buena compra bastante economico. la verdad es que algunos juegos merece la pena comprarlos en amazon.co.uk por que salen mas economicos que en otros paises

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've been a long time PES since the N64. This changed in the last 3 years as FIFA became a much better game. Every year I compare both by playing the early demos. This year it was really difficult to choose between the two because they are both very strong. I went for the realism of FIFA and for all the game modes it offers. All the ambience is just fantastic. It's now very close to watch a real football game. The players animation is top notch and even the commentators make you feel like a real person is commentating the matches with their fluid conversation.
Gather some friends around and some pizzas and you're on to a great evening playing (almost) real football.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 12 = Great Game, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
It is the best football game I've ever played it has lots of good new features. I really like playing online against my friends. Although the EA servers sometimes disconnect.

‹ Previous | 120 21 2227 | Next ›

FIFA 12 (PS3)
FIFA 12 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.50