4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for skiing
Used these for skiiing and walking - great comfort and warmth.

Remember they don't hold your beer gut in so wear something over the top
Published 19 months ago by m.h.foster

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit - really tight
It's obvious that this is a tight fitting training top and I've had a couple of other UA tops in the "athletic" or compression ranges and so I knew what I was getting into. But do be warned that this is a tight fit - it's not easy to get out of with the anti-slip strip that keeps it in place. It's quite a wrestle!

I went for a large (as I've had a medium in...
Published 20 months ago by M. Belcher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for skiing, 18 Feb 2013
Used these for skiiing and walking - great comfort and warmth.

Remember they don't hold your beer gut in so wear something over the top

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 25 Dec 2012
These are the ONLY under garments to wear when the temperature drops. OK, there are other makes that are more expensive and work also but these are sensibly priced and do the job. I have never felt cold even when out on a slow round. Also 2013 has some great colours!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Under armour base layer, 23 Jan 2013
Excellent quality, love the colour. The top fits well and does a very good job.Good value for money, excellent service. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a second skin, 31 Dec 2012
Had been thinking of getting something like this for a while but thought they were just a bit of a gimmick Anyway after a bit of research opted for one of these. Used it for running and cycling and have to say should have got one before. Feels tight when first put on but so comfortable when you're actually exercising and maintains a comfortable body temperature. The higher neck line is a great feature in the colder weather but again not restrictive in any way.
Will definitely be buying another one for when this is in the wash.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit - really tight, 13 Jan 2013
M. Belcher (Lund, Sweden) - See all my reviews

I went for a large (as I've had a medium in their T-shirts with the fit I was looking for) and it's on the border of being too tight. I'd recommend going up a size, unless you have tried this exact product on before. I'd get an XL if I were buying another.

Regarding the negative comments in another review on the feel and coolness of the fabric - I can kind of understand what the reviewer was saying; this does feel cool against the skin when first on. It doesn't really have any wind stopping qualities either, so might not be the best wear for training outside in the cold. But I don't think it's designed for that and should be worn under something (and hence the tight fit is no problem, rather an asset). That is what I brought it for and it's very effective for that. Even so, on reflection, I would prefer a merino wool type under garment for when it's really cold and that would have the added benefit of being much nicer texture to wear for other purposes or before/after training.

A real bonus on this UA range is the colours its available in - so much more interesting than the standard black or blue that is the limit of so many men's training clothes. I went for the purple and really like the colour. It's certainly bright and would standard out if one did decide to wear it as the main outer layer.

Overall, I've given it 3 stars, I could go up by one for the colour range but the feel and fit aren't exactly what I was looking for in this kind of training top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch and good price, 21 Mar 2014
Trevor Woodward (Slough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under Armour ColdGear Compression Evo Mock Men's Longsleeve (Sports Apparel)
If you're going to wear this under other stuff - and you are, aren't you? - then choose your size then shop around the available colours as some are much more pricey than others. If it's under stuff then it will be covered up and the colour is irrelevant, it seems to me.
The fit is good - it's compression-wear so it's gonna be tight. I'm a not-too-slim 180cm tall and 95kg with 106cm chest and a large is fine for me.
Stitching and finish looks good. Washing instructions say it can be tumble-dried - not sure I believe this.
It'll be good and warm as the inside is brushed and not the same as the shiny exterior. Looking forward to putting this through its paces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under Amour top, 7 Feb 2014
These are really great in the winter. I have to walk dogs every morning in all weathers and these dogs need plenty of exercise, hence long walks. Although the top is bit tight (I am 38" chest and have medium) they are meant to be tight and this really does make a difference. I feel much warmer now on those cold, wet winter mornings. I have a couple of cheaper other makes which are OK but the Under Amour ones are thicker and feel that much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality top, but light compression, 16 Jan 2014
I came very close to ordering a size above my normal, but I'm glad I did not. I am a borderline medium/ large, ordered a large one of these tops and it is a very light compression fit, more of a slim fit (so loses one star). My advice would be to order your normal size.

That aside, the garment itself is high quality as you'd expect from UA. Its warm and keeps me comfortable during mountain biking in the cold and damp down to 0 degrees (when worn under a light shell jacket)

Recommended, but watch the sizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 13 Jan 2014
Perfect but had to take a larger size as don't like skin tight fitting. Would buy again in other colour

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 11 Jan 2014
This base layer has really helped to keep me warm whilst out cycling. It really is an excellent product I recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›