4.0 out of 5 stars Lol
This is not my usual type of read but it was free so I thought 'Why not?' So glad I did, at one point I laughed till the tears ran down my face. This writer has a infectious sense of humour and can also do the 'pathos' bit just as well.
All in all a fine romantic comedy.
Published on 16 Oct 2011 by Chauffeur Sally

3.0 out of 5 stars Something to pass the time with.
Think M&B. Ok story with some comedic moments.

Marry the boss's daughter?

Published 17 months ago by StarPlayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Lol, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
All in all a fine romantic comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Man Pendleton - a brilliant romantic comedy, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
34 year old Rocky Pendleton resumes corporate life by taking a Finance VP role within a family bourbon company and just presumes he'll work hard and savour his big paychecks. Wrong! Unbeknown to him, he was recruited as the last possible hope that the family have of saving their inheritance. Basically when her Mum died she gave her daughter Kit 2 years to marry or the estate would be divided between 6 charities but when you're talking about 99.4m and there is a dad + brothers all chomping at the bit for their dosh, life is bound to be interesting. The dynamics between Kit and Pendleton mean that Kit can't discount him as quickly as she has with the others and where is that likely to lead! Ultimately the men in the family are only in a quandry of their own making as they'd actively discouraged other boyfriends and even paid her husband to be 250k on the eve of their wedding 3 years ago to abandon her. So it's also interesting as her oldest brother reflects on his situation and takes a chance of his own with love. Really good writing style, lots of really funny moments, you're missing out if you haven't read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 1 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book for it's humour and character development. The relationships were amusing and you can't help cheering the 2 leads on as the story progresses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something to pass the time with., 20 Nov 2012
StarPlayer (B'ham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
Think M&B. Ok story with some comedic moments.

Marry the boss's daughter?

Pendleton can't believe his ears. He took this new job hoping to make money, not marry into it. But if runaway heiress Kit McClellan doesn't agree to enter into wedded bliss soon, the entire family fortune could be willed to the homeless pets of Louisville. Someone has to find Kit and bring her back as his fiancée-and his boss is telling Pendleton he's just the man for the job.

Trouble is, Kit doesn't give two hoots about her fortune-she's looking for love...the sweep-you-off-your-feet kind of passion she's never had before. When Pendleton comes striding into her life-sexy, attractive, and oh-so-handsome in his business suit-her heart tells her she's finally found Mr. Right. But what if her heart is steering her wrong?

This was free for me. Would I read it again? Probably not. I would read another book by this author though.

4.0 out of 5 stars surprising...., 2 Nov 2012
janey (london, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
for a free book, this puts other "paid" titles to shame, this is a sweet, laugh out loud funny romance, with moments that tug at the old heart, i love that you get both Pendleton & Kat's sides of the story, makes you root for them more, no plot spoilers but the ending was one of the best ive read for a while. enjoy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 21 April 2012
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
I no longer read romantic novels, as I find them very predictable. However, I downloaded this free to my Kindle to give it a try.

I found this book mildly amusing and although there were a few surprises, I found it annoyingly predictable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Average, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
Others reviewers have already given a story outline so I will just say that I really enjoyed this book. Certainly Kit is a bit difficult to like at first but it soon becomes clear she has had a lot to put up with in life despite being rich. As with most chick-lit the outcome is never in any real doubt but the book is well written and I enjoyed watching the two main players gradually moving towards a satisfactory ending. I can't believe I got it for nothing on Kindle and the formatting is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't drag myself away, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Man Pendleton (Kindle Edition)
My Man Pendleton is a delightful read! This is the first free e-book I've downloaded and I was very sceptical to begin with that anything free would be any good. I need not have worried. Right from the start this romantic whirlwind of doublecrossing egos is addictive. I couldn't put it down. Laugh out loud funny and Elizabeth Bevarly definitely knows how to put the fun in dysfunctional. Kit is likeable in the fact that she is a flawed heroine and relateable, and we come to realise that her spoilt bravado is little more than armoury to mask her insecurities. And Pendleton is a charming, masculine hero. To be objective there are a few typos through the text but none so often as to trip the reader up and annoy her/him (and I'm usually very anal about grammar and spelling). My only real criticism (nit-pick really) is that Mick McClellan returns home from Zaire. Now, I realise this book was written some years ago when published by Avon but I think it would strengthen the realism and contemporariness if it is updated to have Zaire changed to something like Zimbabwe or Zambia since Zaire no longer exists.
Other than that, a big thumbs up. I'm now going on the hunt for more of Ms Bevarly's books!

2.0 out of 5 stars Have I read this before?, 19 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This book was my first by Elizabeth Bevarly, so I didn't really know what to expect. I can't really say I liked it. I thought that Pendalton was an interesting enough character, but Kit was awful. From the very beginning I didn't like her. I have to like the characters in the book in order to really enjoy it. Also, the plot has been overdone. In order to get an inheritance Kit must marry within 2 years. Haven't I read that one before?

4.0 out of 5 stars Where can I find a man like Pendleton?!, 7 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book. While I found myself at times put off by the female character's behavior, the humor and snappy dialogue made this book a pleasure to read. Pendleton is a great character, romantic, funny, patient, and sexy! I am looking forward to reading more of this author's books.

ARRAY(0x9de93408)