5.0 out of 5 stars The cleverest funniest sitcom currently on air
I was initially skeptical when online friends hailed this show as "brilliant" but given the fact the same forum told me to watch "arrested development" and "It's always sunny in Philidelphia" I decided to give it a try. First off I'd say the show has more in common with arrested development, particularly in its meta-moments and parodying of other shows - although the...
Published on 11 Sep 2011 by Neil J. Pearson

3.0 out of 5 stars There are quite a few silly jokes and it's an ...
There are quite a few silly jokes and it's an okay comedy, but I didn't think it had many laugh out loud moments.,
Published 5 months ago by FJ

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show in so many years, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the best comedy series i've seen in years and would recommend to almost anyone. If you buy this you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come join the...., 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this based purely on reviews. It took a few episodes to get into but I really enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the money. The characters are varied and likeable. I'll agree that it is similar to Arrested Development. Thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money paid. It loosely reminds me of Trailer Park boys in that you're watching adults be kids, which is always a winner in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Community - season 1 - awesome!, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Community series 1 is a great series and is probably the funniest comedy I've seen. I can't wait to be able to get hold of series 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of joy and procrastination, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
There's a reason why my boyfriend and I try to avoid Community just before exams - it's so addictive and BRILLIANT that it's nearly impossible to resist the temptation to watch 'just one more episode'. It's never just one more episode!

In my opinion, this is one of the best comedies I have ever seen. Let me take that back. It's literally the best comedy I've ever seen - including comparisons to Friends, Scrubs, 30 Rock and The Big Bang Theory! If you like any of those shows, you should most definitely watch this and give it a go! Don't let the pilot fool you - nothing and nobody is what they seem - except maybe Jeff Winger (and Pierce's racism, sexism and general misogyny). Give it a go until episode 6 of Community, when the quality literally shoots off! Each episode is not just better than the previous one, it's better on a log scale - like ten times better than the previous.

This is the best TV my boyfriend and I have ever discovered and I would strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone. And the quality of the DVD was great. Nothing lacking in the DVD at all, which I admit to being a little worried about initially. But it's worked absolutely wonderfully, including on my broken down, dying laptop and everything is as it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo much bonus content, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
On the box it says "Over 90 minutes of bonus content".
Actually you have about 8 hours of bonus content.

Every single episode has commentaries.

Seriously if you like the show this DVD is pure gold, you learn so much about the show and get to see the web-episodes and some goofy stuff dan harmon put in.

Community is all ready one of the best shows, and this DVD makes it even better

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Community has shown itself to be one of the best sitcoms to come from the US in a long time. I haven't laughed so much in ages. It is just a shame it isn't shown on a decent channel on UK TV for it to gain the exposure it deserves. Can't wait for Season 2 to be available on DVD (Region 2)!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a juggleknob, 29 Dec 2011
Robert Sherman (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It's a shame that Community hasn't been picked up by UK stations. Possibly one of the funniest and best written comedies in a long time only gets shown on Viva TV (and who honestly can say they have watched Viva?)
The Community DVD comes with a host of extras, deleted scenes and commentary.

But there is only one reason to buy this DVD, to be able to watch this brilliantly awesome little show that gets missed out so much.

Now we just need season 2 to get a release date.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Show i just recently found and love, 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Well only a few weeks ago i bought this item and before i had never seen a episode, however my sister said its really funny. and all i can say is LOL! ... it is one of the best shows from America, all the characters are hillarious in their own way. just cant wait till season 2 arrives here, although that will probably be a year away even though its finished and the dvd is released in US. ANNNNYWAY dont just stand their!!!!!! BUY IT :D

p.s Abed rules!

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest show on TV, 27 Nov 2011
Mr. N. Jones "Nik" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This may be the funniest show America has ever produced. Funnier than 30 Rock, funnier than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, funnier then Arrested Development. Yeah I said it.
The cast are superb, the writing is sublime, there is nothing bad I can say about it. There are few shows that I feel so passionate about that I need to get on Amazon to write about but this is one of them. Buy this DVD, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love this, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Community - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It really is the best currently-airing show on television. I just wish a major channel in the UK would have shown it so it has a bigger audience.

Six seasons and a movie, guys. Believe the dream.

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 | Next ›

Community - Season 1 [DVD]
Community - Season 1 [DVD] by Joel McHale (DVD - 2011)