5.0 out of 5 stars compression convert
Published on 13 Aug 2012 by howardht

3.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy
I bought these online as I have seen others wearing them and they look the part. However, the fit feels strange and too small although I ordered my exact size. Word of warning.
Published 10 months ago by Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars compression convert, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: 2XU Men's PWX Tight Compression Baselayer (Sports)
I bought this item to help me recover more quickly from running competition and hard training, having had a recommendation from another runner. My experience after nearly two months of use is that it seems to work very well, and my legs feel better the more frequently I wear the 2XU compression tights, and also the longer the period of use i.e. the benefit is not instant but improves steadily over time. The result is that after years of not being able do the type of training that I did when I was much younger, I can now contemplate getting back to a varied training pattern of intervals, tempo running and longer distances in the knowledge that I don't have to spend days unable to run because of stiffness and soreness. Just two days ago, I realised that I had not felt as good running as that for a few years, and that's very good news for runner well into supervet age. As for use, I put them on straight after competition as they are particularly effective if you have to drive any distance sitting cramped in a car (the same is true for the journey to the race). I also wear them for a few hours after any form of hard training. They withstand regular washing without any loss of quality, and after two months of frequent use seem as good as new. I decided on 2XU after the usual internet comparison checks and, although they are expensive, they seem well worth the money. When buying, pay careful attention to the size guide and when you put them on for the first time, expect them to be very tight!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel like an extra warm skin, 7 Oct 2013
Fits perfectly. Only downside is that it it extremly mainstream. I ran 30km race "Lidingöloppet" in Stockholm end of sept. Every 1 in 10 has 2XU clothes... But they feel and look good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for recovery, 20 Oct 2012
Really nice fit, you immediately feel the difference between this compression base layer and a normal one. I bought the top and bottoms together but for cycling so can't really comment on the top as my legs are doing all the work however I am very pleased with both.

The compression really does help on recovery although I have not noticed any difference during my rides. There are plenty of good reviews on wiggle with more technical detail but if you simply want a good base layer that is technical and can be used to help recovery then this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Feb 2012
Always been sceptical of compression garments-ie gimmick. Took the plunge based on others reviews and well, I am so so surprised. Done 2 back to back days of very hard training on the bike, worn them over night and at work the next day and virtually no fatigue in my legs at all. I am up on my feet for ten hours a day at work and normally after one day let alone two I can hardly stand for long. They just gave me so much support and kept my legs feeling refreshed-take the plunge I think they really are that good. I have just ordered another pair as spares.

3.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy, 17 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars never tried these before, 11 Jun 2013
chosen for the SPF50 and my marathon recovery took 2 days instead of a week, my legs are still white!

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes no difference, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: 2XU Men's PWX Tight Compression Baselayer (Sports)
If you are thinking of buying these, I can honestly say that they make no difference what so ever. I run on average 60-80km per week and have been using them every second run and there is absolutely no difference between them and my regular nike swift/tech running tights.
The worst part of all is I can buy 2 pairs of nike tight for the same price!!!
DON'T BUY THEM!!!