5.0 out of 5 stars The best book yet!
Mark Walden gets better with every book. Although the title does not quite fit with the actual storyline, it was the best H.I.V.E yet in my opinion. It starts off slower paced, and speeds up towards the end, however all the pre-action is necessary to understand what happens near the end. The book has several laugh out loud moments, which are mostly provided by Franz,...
Published on 1 Aug. 2011 by EllienSara

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read
I have been reading the series and enjoyed this one just as much as the others. Will be reading others that are bought out.
Published on 11 Mar. 2012 by D. Oakley

2.0 out of 5 stars Moving onwards...... But not much, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
My problem with HIVE books recently was that they couldn't move away from the overlord plot-line. That was why I was very happy when this book had NOTHING to do with overlord. However despite this there are numerous problems in the book.
1: The plot line for this book was incredibly predictable and I only missed out on one or two details. To avoid plot spoilers I will merely say that I did not predict the scene at the church. Barring that, I predicted everything as soon as they set off for the hunt which is the main theme of the book.
2: Lucy Dexters death in the last book is skimmed over and although the characters talk about the loss on the animus station it never seems to effect the characters. They don't even seem like characters any more either. Simply representations of certain talents they have.
3: The ending was anticlimactic and I was actually surprised when the book ended thinking "was that it"?
4: The main problem I have with HIVE is that despite it being called an institute of VILLANOUS education there i still no evil character other than the ones trying to kill otto.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 April 2013
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Was a great read and would highly recommend it to anyone. Couldn't stop reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Kindle Edition)
Great series and im loving the characters! bring on the next one is all that i really want to say!

5.0 out of 5 stars Walden delivers again, 28 July 2011
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
Once again, Mark Walden delivers a book which is well written, fast paced with a strong plot that follows on well from it's predecessors.

The book splits into two arcs, one of which shows us the past of Raven - and we learn how she became what she is. The other half is the present day, where everybodies favorite H.I.V.E. students are caught up in a plot to discover the location of the next field task. We see several old and several new characters make apperances.

I won't spoil too much, but it must be known that the stand out character in this novel is Franz. He saves his friends on several occasions, while still managing to do it comically. His "inner ninja" and feud with Colonel Francisco are both brought into the sotry for humor, and have the right effect in the novel.

I would reccomend this book, and the rest of the H.I.V.E. series.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... read on I have to say this isn't too bad as children books go, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
Son loves these book and having read on I have to say this isn't too bad as children books go.

2.0 out of 5 stars Aftershock - an afterthought, 30 July 2011
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
My son is into these types of books - that's what I say to people who see me reading them. The fact is, I have loved them - to date. I have bought all the audiobooks - and they are not cheap, and also all the paper books too, because I am too impatient to wait for the next 15 min car ride to listen to the next chapter of whatever of the HIVE audiobook we might be listening to in the car.

Aftershock was disappointing. IN my opinion, It is an unfinished piece of work. None of the many strands of stories picked up, are finished. It is not of the same standard of the previous books - not at all! The only way i can describe Aftershock is that it is a few prologues thrown together and sold as a book. Very disappointing.

Unless I have completely skipped a chapter, it is not even clear to me why it has been called Aftershock. Although after reading it, I was a bit shocked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Kindle Edition)
Really great read, thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
Grandson loves book and I enjoyed reading it to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 May 2015
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Kindle Edition)
I was glued to the tablet, had to buy the next one

2.0 out of 5 stars This HIVE doesn't buzz, 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock (Paperback)
It's been a while since I picked up a HIVE book. Sadly this one felt a bit underdeveloped and didn't really seem to go anywhere.

H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock