on 25 August 2011
Finally! All 6 seasons in one place for ultimate lazy Sundays! How I Met Your Mother is full of witty & intelligent humour with well written characters, scripts & storylines. The actors play their parts extremely well, the relationships seem truly genuine. It isn't often a US sitcom makes it across the pond with the same success rate, but this has made most certainly made it!

The show is based around Ted, the main character, telling his children how he met their Mother, each show revolves around the life of Ted in his 20s who is setting out to find the woman of his dreams & settle down as well as his friends, Robin, Barney, Marshall & Lily. The show features Ted's journey as well as the lives of his friends & of course, the various situations they seem to get themselves into!

I can't wait for more installments on the lives of Ted, Robin, Barney, Marshall & Lily. Legen-wait for it-dary!
on 28 March 2012
This is a very funny entertaining sitcom. It's the type of programme that you can dip in and out of and still appreciate it.

The sitcom is basically told from Teds point of view, as he tells the children how he met their mother. After several seasons that still hasn't been revealed, but to be honest it doesn't matter. Alongside Ted, the series follows his friends, weird couple Lily and Marshall, independent Robin and of course, ladies man Barney, who for me is the best part of the show.

I really recommend everyone to give this a go, and with this under £30 a few weeks ago is an absolute bargain.
on 10 February 2012
Got this at an amazing price of £30!!!!! for all 6.. cant complain such an epic show aswel, was over the moon when i saw this for 30quid as i didnt want to pay £70+ or buy them seperately! and it came within 2 days which was awesome ;D
on 29 April 2015
We bought all the seasons as we trusted the five star reviews. Unfortunately it was not what we had expected. We believed it would have been a show similar to Friends or Scrubs (5 stars for us) but it turned out to be a messy series in which many stories were unrealistic and repeated again and again. The love stories (excluding the one with Lily and Marshall) were brief or unnaturally repeated, unrealistic and suddenly ruined by inappropriate jokes. We managed to watch many episodes only because our son aged 17 liked the programme and rated it as 3 stars but for us it was a total agony from the beginning. Absolutely not worth buying!
on 18 May 2012
This is my new favourite TV show. I laugh so much watching it. I'm a massive Friends fan so didn't think I would like it as people were calling it "the new Friends" but it is actually quite different in lots of ways. It's much earthier than Friends and their crazy antics resonate with me, from my old Uni days, in quite a different way. It's also much more situation and character comedy - my friends often quote one liners from Friends but this is not so much of a one liner type of comedy (although Barney has some great lines!). Buy it and watch it over and over, you won't regret it!
on 5 March 2014
Bought as a gift for a relative.

Very enjoyable series with the gang of New York friends and the main charater Ted looking for love and telling his children the story of how he eventually met their mother. There is an on / off romance between Ted & his canadian female friend Robyn, and the star of the show is Ted's best friend Barney (best known for playing Doogie Howser MD) a womanising, Star Wars obsessed banker (though no-one actually knows what he does).

Well worth the price for plenty of hours of entertainment.
on 23 November 2011
I bought each season as they became available, but rather than reviewing them all individually I thought I'd simply review the set.

HIMYM is a brilliant show revolving around a group of friends living in New York. Ted is the main character, but Barney really steals the spotlight as one of the best supporting roles in television.

Still no clue as to who the mother is yet, but finding out is a journey that I will relive over and over. For laughs, thought-provoking storylines and all-round entertainment, HIMYM is simply legendary!
on 24 August 2012
I have loved this show from the very first episode and each season gets better and better. Barney Stinson is the star of the show, from his womanising, ways to pick up women and his obsession with suits. He really entertains!
Ted, Robin, Marshall and Lily all entertain in their own way and the 5 of them all help to make the show so hilarious and successful. HIMYM is a great buy, perfect to watch again and again!
on 26 May 2013
This is one of the Top TV Series Box Sets as it is funny, witty, smart, light and classic comedy that never gets old or stale or gathers dust. This is good value for money and should be a Fixture in any serious DVD BOX SET Collection. If you have not bought it - Just click ADD TO TROLLEY. It will give you hours of joy long after you have paid and watched it a few times.
on 22 August 2012
I had seen a few more recent episodes of this very good American series before I ordered this boxed set. Unfortunatley my daughter got to it before I did, so I haven't managed to see a single episode yet! However, judging by the amount of laughter generated I assume it's as good as I'd hoped. The Americans really are good at this type of comedy.