on 26 February 2011
The bracket seems sturdy and holds the Sat Nav perfectly. It clips onto the ball joint with a resounding click and holds everything in place. Delivery was in just a few days and I am happy with the purchase.
on 23 October 2015
Bought this for my new Garmin 760. The quality seems ok but there are a couple of issues with it when compared with a suction mount. Firstly,
although this item has some weight in an attempt to keep it on your dashboard, with the general vibrations that come into the vehicle from the road this pad gradually migrates along the dashboard to such an extent that you are continually trying to put it back into place. There is a 'friction pad' but this is not sticky enough, even with the weight of the item, to keep it in one place. This is obviously a distraction when driving.
Secondly, the ball was only just big enough to provide some limited grip to the satnav. Again the general vibrations led the satnav to droop and along with constantly having to put it back in its place we had to pull up the front of the satnav to view it. To add to this when moving it back into its correct position the ball very frequently came adrift from the back of the satnav leaving us with a 7"satnav moving around on its own only restrained by the wires. Not good for it or the wires. In theory a good idea but doesn't survive contact. Wouldn't buy one again.
on 8 June 2010
I ordered this product as a replacement for my original windscreen mount, I have a 4yr old Garmin Nuvi 250, the description is accurate so I knew it would be exactly what I wanted and it fits perfectly. The price is good value for money. It was very well packed and arrived within a couple of days, you can't ask for better service than that. I would certainly buy from this seller again. Thankq Navitech.
on 1 April 2011
This was bought to replace a suction windscreen mount ball that we somehow managed to lose. It was a much more reasonable price than if we had bought the manufacturer's own, which could only be purchased with the cradle (which we still had), and when it arrived we were very pleased with its appearance and build, which seemed solid and sturdy. We have now used the mount and found it to be a perfect replacement which fits our Satnav perfectly and sticks to the windscreen firmly, and we are very pleased indeed. We would recommend it to anyone losing their original mount ball.
on 30 July 2009
After the small parts inside my previous Garmin 200w clip broke, it would no longer attach to the ball joint of the Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series. Looking around it became clear that I would either have to pay some ridiculous price for a bracket, or buy a complete new unit! I then came across this and it's done the job excellently! I ordered three (!) so I've got plenty of spares at this great price!

A little worried at first as the clip wouldn't fit on the ball joint, but it was just because the clip was brand new and so a little stiff. Where my previous clip had been on its last legs, I had got used to it being very loose. The new clip fits great!
on 18 October 2015
This is one of those products that 'just works' - I have no idea HOW it works but it does the job perfectly! It sits on the dashboard of my Porsche Cayman nicely & even with the car's 'solid' ride & reasonably fast acceleration the mount ignores the inertia of the cars movements.
I'm guessing it's just a matter of physics.
It grips the Garmin unit securely & allows the user to angle the screen any which way they want.
The best thing about the mount is the reduced amount of time it takes to set up compared to attaching a mount to the windscreen & of cause there's no tell-tale marks left on the windscreen - OK it doesn't sound much, but all those minutes saved add up !
on 11 February 2015
Im giving this product 5 stars because its well made fits my garmin nuvi perfectly and sits securely on the dashboard. I've noticed though there are a few negative comments posted here so let me advise ,if your dash is sloping and of a shiny/gloss finish I doubt this would be suitable. My dashboard is mainly flat with a matt finish so the underside of this holder grips perfectly.
on 4 December 2009
Orderered Monday and received it (in Dublin) Friday.
I will check with this company first for my next orders.
on 27 April 2012
This appears to be identical to the original Garmin mount. The only problem was that the ball and socket joint was so tight that I feared I would break the bracket when forcing it together, as it is supplied unassembled. I had to rub down the lip of the socket with sandpaper before I could fit it using reasonable force. After a few weeks use the suction pad failed, with the appearance of a badly fitted spring mount behind the suction pad which had pierced the pad. I presume this is an isolated problem as my original mount worked for many years with an identical pad. Navitech immediately replaced it when I contacted them through Amazon.
on 18 June 2011
This is a simple and easy to fit mount for my GARMIN SATNAV, I should warn that you must make sure it is suitable for your specific Garmin SATNAV as there are different types within the Garmin range of mounts. I actually have three of these, one for my wife's car, and have two in my car, as I prefer it on the quarter light window, but in certain sun light conditions having it mounted more centrally is useful. The only drawback is that if your car is left in direct sunlight, occasionally the mount will detach, but is easily re-secured. Great Product.