Format: DVD|Change

on 16 November 2001
This cartoon always manages to bring tears to my eyes whenever I watch it! The sad beginning and cleverly composed music makes it so emotional! The story is well written and the characters are unforgettable. This is the best "Land Before Time" film out of the dozen sequels out there...a definite must-have.
on 6 August 2000
I'm a bit surprised that there is only one single review of this film. At least it is rated with the maximum number of stars: 5. Every lower rating would be - well, let's even say - wrong, because every normal child will want to see this film several times: the animation is as parents like it to be for their children, the tale about little dinosaurs is sweet in its details on the one side, but also exciting on the other, and additionally the children may learn what it means to have friends.
on 4 February 2007
I remember watching about 6 land before time movies when i was around the age of 9. They were very addictive/fun to watch and always brightened up my day when watching them. The land before time is one of those movies that makes you absolutely reserved when seeing them and it also shows you the friendship along the way, when watching them. I also enjoyed singing along to the wonderful songs sang by the character dinosaurs.
It's become a special movie to me and when you watch them you will see why! Even though i am older now, probably wouldn't ever have the same feeling as when i watched them in my younger years, but i will always see these as being a childhood memory and will probably like them for the rest of my life (even though they are more childrens movies).
I highly reccomend any parent to buy these for their kids as it will most likely keep them occupied for hours!
The stories are wonderful, will most likely make you eager to see the whole series!
I also find myself crying when seeing these now as some of the series are quite sad.
I still have the videos of these and probably will never get rid of them as theyre just so good! Even though they are set for younger ones.
on 9 May 2009
Lucas and Bluth had a winner with this movie, I guess that's why it spawned 13 sequels. Though, this one is the original and best.
In my opinion, The Land Before Time is a classic masterpiece, and one of my own childhood favourites. 'Yup, yup, yup!'
on 18 July 2000
Both my children and I really enjoyed this film.It has a real heart warming theme. The animation is outstanding, and the soundtrack will leave you singing along for days...!It is a magical tale about a group of young dinosaurs, Little Foot, Cera, Pitrie, Spike and Ducky. During their journey, they encounter incredible adventures and obstacles, and learn unforgettable lessons about life, and what it means to stick together.
on 30 June 2005
I am now 36 years of age and I used to live in London, though born elsewhere. I had never seen it before. I first saw The Land Before Time in December 1994, just before my 1st Christmas as a wife. My husband was away on business abroad and I was flicking channels on TV. Came across this movie, which I watched but failed to register its title. It is so moving and like many others, I cried so much watching it. It is also entertaining and I particularly liked Littlefoot's best friend because it reminded me of what best friends are there for. I came across it again the next Christmas and the next. It became a tradition for me ever year until I left England. Now, I want it to continue to be part of who I am. It's a wonderful movie which teaches values, love and friendship. A must buy!
on 3 December 2011
I do like An American Tail more but The Land Before Time is still a great film
I remember watching the VHS each week when I was younger back around 1990.

Its now good that its out in far better quality on DVD to.
The songs are also really grate as well.

Its just a shame there is no uncut version anywhere.

But still give The Land Before Time a 7 out of 10.
I have never also really cared for the others just this first movie.
on 16 January 2007
I remember when i was just a child. I would watch these over and over again! Land before time is a wonderful series of movies, especially great for children, though movie is to suit all ages. It shows you the friendship along the journey between little foot and his friends, i would often sit almost crying when watching them. I stopped watching the land before time movies when i was about 13 and still remember now how fascinated/addicted i was to them. It gave me a lot of happiness, even now i could go and sit through them and most likely enjoy them now that i'm older (because of the all time happiness from the adventures). The story is lovely, cannot even explain what made me think this, though i do say that they have amazing adventures to especially make kids loving them!There are also songs throughout the movie in which i would sing along to.

I highly reccomend any child to watch these movies, although there are little visions of dinosaurs jumping out. But well worth the money and something that will last as a memory to you forever! It is certainly one of the most greatest childhood memories i have had in all my life, waching these.
on 27 April 2005
Hey i'm 14 and i remember this film being my favourite when i was little! my mum had taped it from tv and i used to watch it over and over again!never getting tired of it! it always used to bring tears to my eyes!but then i found that my mum taped over it!! I forgot about it but now i want it back again because it is so heartwarming and good!!! so i'm buying it now and you should too!!!!
on 5 January 2008
I remember watching this when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. There are a few sad bits but its a great film. It is one of those films you remember when ur all grown up and still love! Quality! The followons never really caught my attention though, partly because you can't beat the original.