5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!
This machine is everything it says it should be, super quiet, deals with different fabrics with ease, comes with a whole host of useful extras and is a brilliant price!
Published 19 months ago by david horncastle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for quilters
Published 6 months ago by Trish Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 23 Jan 2013
david horncastle (london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing Machine 404 Electronic, 170 Stitches with Alphabet + 150.00 Worth of FREE Accessories including Large Quilting Extension Table + Quilting Foot, Walking Foot, Hard Case, 13 Feet, Box of Different Colour Coats Moon Thread, 5 Pairs of Scissors, German Quilting and Regular Needles, Travel Sewing Kit, Thread Snips, Bobbins etc... (Kitchen & Home)
Having decided, after having my friends sewing machine on loan, that I would like my own, I set about looking at all different makes etc, in my experience comparable machines to this one were way more expensive.
I wanted a machine I wouldn't outgrow, this one with its whole host of stitches is not just a quilting machine but a brilliant "all rounder" suitable for beginner or more experienced alike! The memory function is great, allows you to program in a combination of stitches, you chose what you want and where!
It has twin needle capabilities, comes with an extra spool holder, a whole host of useful feet, threads, extra bobbins, needles etc.
The customer service was great, I had a couple of feet missing when it turned up, HOWEVER when I contacted the Seller they couldn't be more helpful, feet dispatched out promptly.
The instruction book is so badly translated, you won't need it though, unless just for the giggle, the pictures are good and it really is such an easy to use sewing machine the manual is almost superfluous!
Someone on here claimed it was difficult to sew denim with it, I have found it not to be the case, use the right needle for the job and away you go! I am looking forward to many years use from this sturdy and robust machine and would not hesitate to recommend the sewing machine and the seller. I can honestly say that I love this machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 12 Jan 2012
This is the best sewing machine I've found in a long search to replace my 40 year old Frister and Rossman Cub 7. It's brilliant and very easy to use and the attachments are straightforward. I've not really needed to follow the instruction booklet much, as a bit of trial and error had me trying out new quilting patterns in no time. However once you get used to the obvious translation of the handbook it's not a problem. I don't find it flimsy at all and it is more than comparable to some of it's far costlier competitors - and I've done a lot of research!. A more experienced quilting friend has now bought the same machine as she really likes mine, so that's a pretty good recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, excellent follow up to problem, 16 Sep 2013
This machine has many features usually only found on much more expensive models. It's quieter and smoother than my old machine, and the top-loading bobbin system seems less prone to snarl-ups. I particularly like the needle threader, so much quicker to use, and the needle up/ down feature saves a lot of time. The reverse stitch takes a bit of practice but I cracked it quite quickly. The one-step buttonhole attachment is very easy to use and gives good results. There are a large number of decorative stitches, some work better than others. It seems that starch or stabiliser is needed to get good results with these, which is not mentioned in the manual. The alphabet stitches are not very good, if they are a priority for you I would advise buying a different machine, but you will probably have to pay 3 times more.

Before buying I read reviews which commented on the comedy value of the manual. My machine came with a 'quick start' guide which has addressed many of these problems.

The machine came with '150 worth of extras'. The walking foot is brilliant and would be about 60 to buy. The other bits would be very handy for someone new to sewing but I already had most of these items. The extension table has been very useful when making curtains. The finger guard might be good for a child, but I took it off as I couldn't get on with it and haven't yet sewn a finger in 40 years of using a machine. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now!

8 weeks after writing this, the machine went wrong. I rang the company and was told to pack it up for collection. The courier arrived just as I finished packing it! The next day I had a phone call offering repair or replacement, the replacement machine arrived the next day. Fantastic customer service. Make sure you keep the packaging, just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Sewing Machine, 18 Jun 2012
Sarah Lambert "Book addict" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I'm loving my new sewing machine which I have now had a couple of months. I had a cheap Janome, which has worked really well, but I was looking for something with a bit more functionality. I researched a lot of machines and this one offers a lot of for the price, it has more stitches and accessories than others of a similar price, in fact probably far more than I will ever need! I have recently started quilting so this machine was the ideal choice for me with the quilting table. The machine is straightforward to use and, although the instruction booklet has not been translated very well, I was able to learn how to select stitches and to embroider words easily. Handily the display shows you what foot you should be using for different stitches and also displays error messages, like if you forget to put the foot down, and stops the machine from sewing. I also like the fact that you can choose to have the needle always move up or stay down if you stop stitching. I am now feeling inspired to improve my sewing skills, learn how to use all the various accessories and to see what new things I can make.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid mchine, 24 Dec 2013
Very good and fast delivery, especially considering this was the Christmas delivery period. Puzzled by no branding on the machine, after looking around the internet discovered this machine matches the Frister and Rossmann QE404 offered by others at the same price with the same special offers. Contacted the seller asking these questions and was offered this reply:
"The machine we offer is the "unbranded" QE404 machine. Please note we are are the sole importer of the Frister & Rossmann QE404 and the unbranded QE404. We bring in the unbranded ones so we can offer them cheaper on Amazon as we do not have to pay the fee to use the F&R name.

It is exactly the same machine and they both contain a selection of assorted feet as we have the manufacturer pack them in the factory, but because we pay less for the unbranded ones, we can offer the scissors, thread etc. We also offer free delivery with the standard 12 months warranty.

You should be aware that the offer of a 10 year warranty with lifetime support is likely a sales gimmick. We have been trading since 1978 and pride ourselves on our customer service and honesty. A 10 year warranty is not viable as any potential profit would be lost by only 2 warranty repairs and in our experience, some unscrupulous companies look for reasons to avoid the warranty after 12 months.

As I said, we are the sole importer of this machine, we stock all the spares (including the electronic motherboards) and we have a highly experienced mechanic to solve any problems that may occur. Under the warranty, we will collect (UK only) repair and return the machine free of charge.

I have given the machine a good run this weekend and I am pleased with the results, I have not tried quilting yet but have sewn through several layers of fabric with no problems, the only problem I have encountered is with the cut and sew attachment but I have contacted the seller and hopefully will receive a reply soon. Good solid machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilters machine, 20 Aug 2013
witchygirl (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I received this machine well before the expected date. Having been away I have not had a chance to try all the features. However the ones I have tried are just what I wanted. There is an extra instruction book to make things easier, although it is not hard to work most of it out. I am very happy with it and look forward to a long quilting relationship. It is simple to thread and the top loading bobbin under the see through cover is so very useful. When doing a lot of FMQ I find the bobbins run out when I am in the middle of a design. This way i can keep an eye on the amount of thread remaining on the bobbin. It is not the most quiet machine I own but it certainly isn't the loudest either. Love the extended bed, great for supporting large quilts. The throat is not huge but it certainly will take a double bed size quilt when rolled. At this stage I recommend the machine. The free gifts are fine and useful.

I would like to add this comment after having the machine for 6 months. There was a small problem with the tension. I contacted the company and the service I received from them was exemplary. The new part arrived within 24 hours and a phone call told me how to install the replacement part. I can only reiterate that this company do care about their customers, are efficient and sell excellent products at affordable prices.

Once again I very highly recommend them and the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 31 May 2013
After accidentally misplacing my classic singer during a house move I was looking for something to take its place when I realised that I needed to make some curtains. I have never had an electric machine but I did use one once in school but I must say, I'm converted. My old singer did exactly one thing well and this machine does 170 things very well. It is super quiet so no chance of waking the neighbours or the baby late at night but it is a work horse. I found no problem in going through several layers of cloth at a time, it didnt even seem to slow down.

The instructions are practically useless having been translated by someone who clearly neither speaks nor writes English. However, you really wont need them. The machine is easy to thread if you follow the helpfully embossed numbers on the case and I found I had the hang of it within a few minutes.

The quilting table is helpful and you do get some extra feet along with a bunch of other things like scissors. The extras are actually worth about 20 but it does mean you wont have to rush out to get some spare needles or thread.

I am very pleased with this machine all round and anticipate years of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing Machine - Frister + Rossmann 404 Electronic, 21 Oct 2012
Delivery time excellent...I ordered this machine on the Thursday afternoon and received it Monday early PM.
This is the first electronic sewing machine I have owned and I am very happy with it. Easy to use, have tried out most of the embroidery stitches and find they are all as described. Not tried the program button as yet, so cannot comment on that facility. The automatic needle threader foxed me for awhile until I realised that there is little hook which goes through the needle hole first and the thread is laid across the front and caught by the hook the pulled through the eye from front to back. I like the idea of a stop/start button and use this all the time now instead of attaching the foot pedal. The slider speed control, and needle up/down button are most helpful. From the accessory feet, I have only tried out the walking foot and found it useful. The quilting extension table is very sturdy and the Grabbit USA bobbin holder is a great device.
I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it - couldn't be better, 3 Jan 2012
Machine arrived the next day. Worked smoothly and quickly. Made much less noise than my old machine. Accessories were much more and better than expected. I would definitely recommend this machine to others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for quilters, 11 Feb 2014
I have just replaced my Singer with this Frister and Rossmann 404. I must admit I am a little disappointed. As an avid quilter I would have thought this would be ideal as it's advertised as a quilters edition, but there are some REALLY annoying flaws. Firstly the light on it is almost nonexistent, it shines its weak light toward the back of the needle, its very difficult to see the position of the material going through the machine. There is a small lip between the extension table and the needle plate which means that when you are sewing patchwork together it catches the seams underneath and lifts them out of position, so you have to constantly have to stop sewing and re position your seams. I also find the bobbin cover a real fiddle to get off, I have to use the screwdriver to dig it out. I had real difficulty quilting with the walking foot, the dog feet are too high which means as you move the fabric into position it drags the backing fabric. The extras are very good but I would have thought that it would include a quarter inch foot !! I,m sorry to sound so negative but it would have been a real help to me if I had known these things before I purchased this machine. I have no complaints about it's sewing abilities, it's very smooth and very quiet, but I'm not sure it's ideal for quilters.