5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever!
I have been a GHD fan for some years; before I discovered GHD no straighteners had ever straightened my hair to a decent standard. The downside with GHD is the cost, they are not cheap and with the rising cost of living I couldn't bring myself to fork out another 100 or so to buy a new pair.

I did extensive research and these straighters seemed to get good...
Published on 1 Nov 2011 by Blondiebear

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but careful
I was looking for a new straightener as my old one was ancient.
I found this one and I have to say that it's amazing, I clearly see the difference with my previous Babyliss.
However, don't put it too hot otherwise it burns the hair, even though I use a spray to protect it from the heating.

But very good product nonetheless.
Published 11 months ago by Maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: BaByliss 2098BU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener (Personal Care)
Having struggled with an ancient one, I was looking at GHDs till I saw this - and glad I got this one - it effortlessly does everything it says on the tin - doesn't frizzle (ionic) and leaves it super shiny Bliss

5.0 out of 5 stars look really nice. Have been told they are just as good ..., 25 July 2014
Bought these as a gift, look really nice. Have been told they are just as good as the GHDs they replaced!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Amazing heats up really quickly cools down quickly recommend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to use and quick to heat up., 21 July 2014
This gives a lovely finish to your hair, easy to use too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great straighteners, 8 Jan 2014
I bought these for my daughter for Christmas because they had great reviews and I totally agree. They are brilliant. She has very long thick hair and was trying to persuade that she had to have ghd's but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money. These are just as good and she hasn't complained once.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 14 Nov 2013
These work but are not great. My sister has thick long hair and said that although they work they take ages to straighten her hair and she wouldn't purchase them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as GHD's if not better!, 16 Sep 2013
So when my GHD's packed up after 3 years I was pulling my hair out! I have thick medium length hair which is an absolute pain to straighten and I definitely did not have 100+ to spend on new GHD's. I read the reviews for these straighteners and thought with them on sale I couldn't go wrong! And oh my what a good buy! They heat up within 10 seconds flat and the 3 heat settings is really helpful. They keep my hair straighter for longer than what my GHD's did and also takes half the time! I highly recommend to everyone!! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Quality, 11 Sep 2013
Was satisfied with this product until stopped working completely just after one year of purchase!
I would invest in a better quality brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect dual voltage straighteners, 18 May 2013
I purchased these straighteners as I was going on holiday to USA and I have an older pair of GHDs that are not dual voltage. These worked great on holiday, they got to a good heat and gave good results. I do prefer the GHDs now I am back home but if they ever stopped working these are a good back-up. The only one downside is that sometimes I felt they snagged my hair a bit. Overall, brilliant for what I purchased them for and a handy second pair of straighteners.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good value, 30 Jan 2013
These straighteners are very good, I thought I would have to spend a lot of money for a good pair and just took a chance on these and I'm glad I did. The travel bag they come with is lovely. I would recommend these as an alternative to the more expensive makes.