5.0 out of 5 stars Good for prevention as well as treatment
These are just thin little pads you put in your shoe that go under your heel to cushion things. A lot of people are waiting until they have a foot problem to buy these things- to help with their heel pain. My advice is don't- especially runners.

Published 16 months ago by CBL

1.0 out of 5 stars Squish flat
I won't be buying these again. I was getting ankle aches at night, Doctor said use heel supports. These flattenned in a week - so no support. I'm 5'11" and 13.5 stone - not exactly Mr Fat Git.
Published 12 months ago by TomJBooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for prevention as well as treatment, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sorbothane Sport Heel Pads (Electronics)

It's a fact that every time the foot hits the ground during running, the compressive forces at the knee joint have been shown to be about 10 times your body weight. Applying this fact to a 150-pound runner, who has an average of 400 foot strikes per foot per mile, each of your knees will endure about 300 tons of force every mile. And that's just the forces at your knee- think about your poor heel at the bottom of it all! Also recommend The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution is you suffer from plantar fasciitis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent heel Pads, 18 Dec. 2012
As I had developed Achillese Tendinopathy in both my legs I was given special exercises to strengthen the achillese but I was also advised to use heel pads in my shoes to help with the problem. I was told that it was especially important to use them as soon as I got out of bed in the morning. It has been a long slow process, over 6 months, to strenthen my achilese through the exercises but I could tell that the heel pads helped ease the discomort I was having when I walked and helped in ensuring I did not make the injury worse. I chose these these pads because of the Sorbothan brand name and I have to say I found them more comfortable and they also stayed in place better than the cheaper ones I had initialy tried. I am still using them now and have not needed to replace them with new ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heel Pads, 12 Jan. 2013
Good, remained tacky, even after being washed, and so remained in place.
Cushioned heel even walking in the High Atlas Mountains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Therapy, 14 Sept. 2012
I was most impressed with the heel pads. They have eased the pain that I was getting in both achilles tendons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Achilles niggles sorted, 5 Feb. 2014
Working for the military I run a lot in boots and was suffering from Achilles tendinitis. These insoles sorted my ankles out pretty quickly and I would recommend them to anyone with a similar complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Aug. 2010
Have used before so as a repeat customer the product is still as good as was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sorbothane Sport Heel Pads (Misc.)
I've tried many different brands and types and these are by far the best so far — quite thin yet sufficiently squishy and supportive, unlike bulkier versions which end up making your shoe slide off your foot because they're too thick. And these Shockstopper heel pads actually stay in place inside your shoe, unlike every other one I've tried which just slides forward and out of position.

Dream wish would be for them to be just 2mm thicker... that would earn them five stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bouncy bouncy, 1 Feb. 2011
These were recommended to me by a colleague at work as I've just taken up running and was complaining about my aching calves. These lift your heels up just enough to take the pressure off your achilles and calf muscles. I tried them out last night and felt like I was bouncing on the treadmill and could run a whole lot further without that fatigue feeling in my legs.

Recommend getting them if you suffer from tight calves.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 18 Sept. 2013
I would give five stars,but loving heel pads is maybe going too far. Prompt and efficient delivery.I will use again

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a relief, 24 Aug. 2013
Boyf was limping and complaining about back and leg pain. He had some work boots that I thought might be the cause so I ordered these with the intention of lifting his heel a little higher and relieving some of the stretch in his achilles tendon that he'd horrifically snapped some years ago. The first day he wore them, he came back from work a whole lot more positive and said they'd made such a difference for him. He's been using them for a few weeks and they don't crush so they are still doing the job.

I'm going to take him for a personal assessment in a formal establishment that deals with posture correction and am even considering them for myself as I hav a lot of lower back pain. If you're considering trying them, try it.. you're likely to be in pain so you've nothing to lose.

Sorbothane Sport Heel Pads