5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, Unique & Compelling
Quote from the book: Ethan clasped my wrist and pulled me into his arms, holding me close. "I'll always be here for you."

Published on 29 Sep 2011 by Book Passion for Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Interesting concept, nice relationship but overall pretty dull and long winded. I won't be looking to read the next ones
Published 12 months ago by HWheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, Unique & Compelling, 29 Sep 2011
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)

You know I first rated this book a four after finishing it but something didn't sit right with me about just giving it a four rating. So I changed it to 4.5 and now, while I'm writing this review I still don't think that's enough. So yep now I'm rating it 5 and here's why.

The story follows Nara Collins, a sixteen year old girl, who dreams the events of the following day.....every night. Knowing what will happen the next day does have its advances, especially when Nara can aces tests and save every goal for her Soccer team. But things soon turn nasty when Nara prevents a bombing at her High School, she loses her ability to see the future and people at school are suddenly being injured.

When Nara comes across Ethan, the school loner and outcast, Nara can't help feel drawn to him especially with him being the only person who seems to understand her. As Nara and Ethan develop a friendship, sparks soon start flying but what they're not prepared for, is the danger that is a suddenly surrounding them due to the connection they have. Soon they find out that Fate is real and can they stop people getting hurt without getting hurt in the process?

Can I just say I loved this book? Wow! It's one of them books that are completely compelling from start to finish and even now I've finished it, I need more! P.T Michelle certainly knows how to pack a thrilling and dangerous ride, one that gave me the chills and totally turned me into a bundle of nerves while reading it.

Brightest Kind of Darkness is a unique story with no Vampires, Werewolves or Faeries in sight; the whole idea of trying to beat Fate is truly freshing and exciting. You honestly don't know what will happen next, your left guessing and trying to figure things out but you can't because P.T Michelle throws a few spanners in the works that leaves this story totally unpredictable.

The characters are fantastic. Nara is a down to earth girl that is easy to love. She's positive and strong and even though things are totally crazy in her life, she still manages to do the right thing by doing what she believes in. There were times I also felt for her. Her father left her and her mother at a very young age and that has clearly affected her. Now Ethan, I adore Ethan. Seriously, I want to marry him. He comes across as a trouble teen but as soon as Nara starts to get to know him, you see that it's all a front. He's a deep, loveable character and totally swoon worthy. I loved watching his and Nara's relationship develop. It wasn't rushed or forced but it felt natural and at a steady pace and the suspense between these two...oh my! Let's just say I had a few butterflies in my stomach a few times especially when Ethan's feelings for Nara showed, I loved how honest he was. Yep....he's a total winner.

The mystery that surrounds the story will definitely keep you on your toes. Just when you think you've finally got some answers, more questions appear and I am dying to know what will happen next. I'm going to assume Nara's father will make an appearance in Book Two, well I hope so. I have a feeling he's going to shed us some answers, either that or reveal a few startling secrets. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

Overall, Brightest Kind of Darkness is a fresh, thrilling and compelling read. It's almost got a Final Destination feel to the book but P.T does make this book her own. I can't help but ask myself, why isn't this book been picked up by a publisher? Publishers.....seriously you're missing out. I so want this book sitting on my shelf and I for one am thankful this book was bought to my attention because like I said, it's not one you want to miss out on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
This was on a list of books that a friend and I decided to read this year and I was surprised to find that it was free for the Kindle. It had some great elements and I got through it really quickly once I got into it. I have also read the second in the series which I enjoyed more than the first so this one is well worth a read to then go on and read the next one. All in all, I downloaded it for free but would have been willing to pay.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 26 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 12 Aug 2013
Bodge (manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I rated Brightest Kind Of Darkness 5* because the book was interesting and powerful. It kept you goin on, turning page after page to find out what mystery and information lies on the next page. It is action-packed, exciting and full o twists and turns leaving you dying to see what shock will arrive next.

As i was reading this book, it left me feeling shocked and excited wondering what Fate will do next. I liked the idea of the dreams because it added excitement and action the the story. As well a the dreams and Fate, there is a mash of romance and everyday life with family, school and friends. I like the character of Ethan because he is full of mystery. Despite all of the rumours which spread around school about him, he seems to ignore it and just care about the people he lives but Ethan mainly cares about helping Nara with her dreams and also helping her get through life. He is always looking out for her and keeping her safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY DIFFERENT, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
This book is awesome. Its not all vampires and werewolves. Its simply about a girl who can see the future and wants to change the bad events that are about to occur. But someone or something is trying to stop her from doing just that. But suddenly Inara's dreams of the future are taken away. Can it be something to do with the mysterious new guy Ethan Harris??? The characters and events are desribed beautifully and you can get really engrossed into the storylines. I can't say a bad thing about this book. I was totally grabbed into its supernatural world, and was very curious about what would happen next. Fate had me on my toes the whole way through the book. What will Fate do next??? Read and find out... I don't want to spoil anything for you, so all I'll say now is read and enjoy. It's free, so what are you waiting for???

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Honestly this book was beyond awesome. I couldn't put it down,the relationship between Nara and Ethan was beautiful not reading this book would be a huge mistake. believe me. I picked up this book mainly because of the name, which appealed to me on a major level. when just read the book it wasn't a disappointment, I loved the thrill the story had. it was scary, romantic, and adventurous with a sprinkle of humour. I honestly loved every moment of this beautifully written story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this book down loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Great characters and liked the
story. Never become bored and was constantly entertained. Looking forward to reading the next volume.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Good read the book is written well and very believable

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I chose to give this book a 4 star cause its a great book with lots of mystery. I would recommend this book to people above the age of 15. People will love this book

Brightest Kind of Darkness: Book 1