on 13 January 2012
I brought two sets of this 2x4GB memory for my new i5-2500k/Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3/Prolimatech Megahalems build and it's been perfect for me. Like a previous reviewer CAS says, the BIOS by default sets the memory speed to 1333 and you have to manually bump it to 1600. But after doing this I've had absolutely no problems.

I have to be honest, and say that getting 16 GB was probably overkill, but in a year or three maybe I will be using this memory so I've saved myself having to source similar memory modules and having to install them at some point in the future. But it's nice to have 16 GB anyway :-)

Other memory sticks have heat-sinks on with sticky up bits and all kinds of needless bling. This memory is low profile so fits under my heat-sink's fan and delivers the stability and performance I've come to expect from Corsair.
on 29 December 2011
I have 2 sets of these and both work just fine at the target speed/latency using XMP profile. They look pretty good and they are small (there are tinier low profile OEM memory but without heatspreaders).

My only reservation is that 1333MHz is the fastest "standard/JEDEC" speed; if you have the BIOS set to Auto, you may find it runs at 1333 only. This is the case on my Intel board, you may expect it to use the XMP profile in Auto but it does not. You need to explicitly tell it to use the XMP profile and run at 1600.

I have other modules with 1600 in standard/Jedec and these ran at 1600 in Auto without choosing XMP profile in the BIOS.

For enthusiasts this is not a problem, but some people may not know that they need to select XMP profile to have the modules run at 1600. There are probably brand-name computers (Dell, Lenovo) that do not have such a setting.

NB. Blue/Black version are 1.5V rated; the white ones are 1.35V rated but not all boards may allow you to drop the voltage; many alow you to increase it over 1.5V but not decrease it. Doh!
on 4 September 2013
As far as RAM goes, this is some decent stuff. Looks great in and out the case, performs well, and is reliable. I had one issue but its not worth marking it down. When I went into the BIOS settings to set up XMP, I noticed my RAM speeds were set to 1333MHz, so I spent 2 seconds to select 1600MHz and voila, its at its full potential. There was no real performance difference as 8GB of RAM is enough for any task nowdays, and it rarely gets backed up.
on 7 May 2012
I paid around £30 for these 2 sticks of RAM and I'm glad I chose them. They fit perfectly under my Corsair A70 cooler and are appropriate for all my games and general day to day things.
Also VERY speedy delivery. Came around a day and a half after purchasing.

EDIT:Around 3 days after I had these my brother got a bit jealous and ordered these for his computer. We've had them for about 8 months now and they are still going strong. Great deal!
on 13 February 2014
These worked flawlessly first time with a P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3, overclocked slightly to 1648mhz without any need to increase the voltage. They fit under an NH-D14 without issue, and don't flle like they're overheating even under heavy load.
on 22 February 2013
5 stars as these modules have had no faults, perform well, and have good overclocking abilities.

the heat spreaders are more more suitable if your cooler and dims are very close.
on 7 March 2015
I bought an Asus p8z77v mobo in an amazon offer and general upgrade to support usb3 and SSD installation . I was having intermittent but regular lock ups in the newer mobo with the memory that I had been using successfully on my older p8h61 for a while . Again Amazon were offering discounts on these so Installed this memory and there's been no repeats. Make sure you set the memory frequency and xmp profile in the bios as I found the Mobo reverted to 1333 otherwise . I guess the lesson is that the better the board the more sensitive it is so may as well invest in upgrading memory as well .
on 6 March 2013
Always used Corsair memory never had any bother with memory built 5 machines and not one has failed me very good value for money stays cool always.Excellent.
on 19 February 2013
Does the job. Good timings for 1600 Mhz. 9-9-9-24. Cheaper that most IT retailers. And love the BLUE!
Go on and buy it, you will not loose out.
on 25 March 2014
I liked it because it looked really cool on my blue motherboard - but I found no discernible difference between these and a normal one.