3,091 Reviews
 (2,114)

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil Staff
Great Product, Great Service & Cheaper than Apple's case!...

When we ordered 2 new iPads from Apple, we naturally wanted Apple's own leather Smart Case, but were shocked by the £60 each price tag!

Published on 13 Sep 2011 by Phil S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
Its ok looks nice on my iPad2 and the sleep wake function works fine. The stability of the stand is suspect, cant use the ipad when on the stand, everytime I touch the screen it falls over but thats probably a problem generic to these types of stands/covers. I think its a bit expensive for what it is.
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by jakeblu

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 19 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil Staff, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Black) (Personal Computers)
Great Product, Great Service & Cheaper than Apple's case!...

After a bit of searching, we found Invision's Smart Case Cover and it looked great in Amazon. We received the order next day and I have to say that we were even more delighted with them once we saw them in the flesh.

They fit snuggly around the back of the iPad (so protecting the rear), with next to no intrusion on the front (just very small grips on the 4 corners) and then the roll over cover looks just like Apple's. So you actually get more but for less money!

Take my advice... buy the Invision case instead of Apple's and get a better case, whilst saving money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Apple's exorbitantly priced version! The Invision iPad Air 2 Smart Cover version is just as good., 2 Dec 2014
B. Bielby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having looked at the prices of iPad Air 2 Smart covers on Apple's site I decided there was NO WAY I would pay their exorbitant prices for one so had a look round for alternatives and found this beauty. I read the reviews of Invision's Smart Cover (and others) and decided to take a chance and buy it as it seemed, on the whole, to be good value for money. Well, I am glad I chose it as a) it fits the iPad Air 2 perfectly, b) it looks like leather, c) it is a great colour (their blue version) and d) it feels substantial, that it is, built to last. By the way, the iPad does automatically switch on and off when raising and lowering the front cover. Oh, and it also folds back completely behind the back of the iPad, in case you were wondering. Like Apple's version, the lid is divided into sections so you can prop the iPad up at an angle to view the screen. The gaps in the cover for the various buttons round the edges are exactly in the correct places so no problem being able to push the on/off button plus volume controls and for plugging in earphones. All in all, it feels solid and at £9.99 a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent case, 4 Jun 2014
The tablet slips into the rear (body) of the case - which is made of a resilient material - and is retained by the four corner clips which provide a close fit to prevent the table from moving around but, the tablet can be easily removed (by following the instructions) by unclipping the specified corner and, can be re-installed easily. The corner which permits unclipping, returns to it's original position so that the tablet is, once again, retained securely. The front cover is in four segments to enable it to be folded (in landscape format) so that it acts as a rest, enabling the tablet to be angled for easy viewing or typed input. The front cover has magnetic panels which put the tablet to "sleep" when cover is closed and "awakens" it when the cover is opened. Cut-outs in the rear cover permit access and use of all switches, buttons, sockets, the camera and flash. The cover increases the size of the tablet only slightly and, I feel confident that it will provide adequate protection against accidental drops and scratches. I thoroughly recommend this cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, 28 Oct 2011
This is a really nice product improving on Apple's solution and significantly cheaper. The only criticism I have albeit a small one is that even a tiny movement of the front lid (i.e while just carrying the iPad around) activated the magnetic lock and I can hear myiPad click on and off. Maybe I just got a partially dud one, no big deal as it stays in my attache case while transporting. Although will be interested to know if others had a similar problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 15 Mar 2012
This item arrived within 48 hours. For the price, the quality of the item was good and the design absolutely brilliant. It was for my wife who is delighted with the look. It is lightweight, thin and adds very little to the thickness of the iPad. The magnets work well to keep the top closed and the automatic start of the ipad occurs when it is lifted and automatic shutdown when it is closed. The magnets also enable the folded top to stay firm for holding the ipad upright or at an angle for typing. I highly recommend the company and the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Apples own, this iPad case is well worth the money, 9 July 2014
I've always opted for genuine apple products in the past, but after a lot of research I decided on the Invision cover for my iPad air, and have been really pleased with it.

It fits around the iPad well, has perfect protection on the vulnerable corners and doesn't interfere with the volume, speakers and ports etc. Whilst the case feels sturdy, it's not too heavy or thick to distract from the sleek finish of the iPad.

Just like the apple cover, the front can be folded so you can comfortably hold the iPad, or prop up on a table. The faux suede effect feels nice in your hand!

It looks smart (I personally love the pink!).

I wouldn't even consider the high prices of the apple accessories now, and having seen my cover, friends and colleagues have opted for the same. It's a great price for a perfect product to protect your iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPad case cover, 19 Jan 2012
This case cover is exactly how to display the iPad safely. This case is one of the slimmest covers available. It is very well made with a supportive hard back. It fits snugly around the iPad without covering it which permits maximum screen display. Please take sure you firmly click the Ipad into the two corner clips as these are very well designed and ensure full security. The cover supports the brilliance of the iPad itself and hence warrants a fully deserved 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job as well as the Apple product, 24 Mar 2014
G. Singh - See all my reviews
Just bought this for an iPad Air and am pleased with it.
I also have an official Apple case for an older iPad i have to compare with, and it works just as well.
Most noticeable is it is made of a much thicker material than the Apple product and hence feels much more sturdier and stable when used in the upright stand position.
The Apple product is less stable and won't stand properly on less than perfect, solid surfaces.

The magnet works fine in shutting/starting the IPad, and all the cut-outs fit well.
A slight downside is that the cover does not lie quite flat on one edge and hence dust could get underneath there on to the screen. However this could be because its still new and may improve over time with use.

Overall a good product and a viable alternative to the Apple product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Feb 2012
T. James "Tom James" (UK) - See all my reviews
Like others, I was slightly concerned about the representation of the colour for the orange case. I was therefore pleasantly surprise pd when it arrived! It does have the bright orange I expected. Some reviews said that the colour is more of a tan colour and closer to brown and I do agree with that, but it is not as extreme. In daylight or under bright light the case is a bery flourescent looking orange but in normal conditions it is a warm looking soft type of orange. Hard to explain really but I'm happy nevertheless.

I was also concerned that the case for the iPad looked like a plastic finsih, but it wasn't and was high quality leather as well!

It was very easy to install; you just push the iPad down until each corner is clipped in and it holds the iPad perfectly rigid and securely. The clips in each corner do not intrude onto the iPad bezel at all, whcih is nice! The inside of the case and cover is covered in soft suade-like material, protecting the metal surface of the back pf the iPad, as well as the screen, from any scratches. In addition, the case is cut perfectly for the iPad2, so doesn't intefere with the operation of any buttons, the camera, the signal, the headphone jack or the charger/sync cable.

I have typed this review using the case's ability to elevate the screen using the cover for easier typing. Some may say that this is just a copy of Apple's smart cover but, trust me on this one, this is the refined version that Apple should have sold! £60 for an official leather smart cover is frankly a joke. I owned an orange polythene apple smart cover. I was always worried that the iPad would be scratched when you used the cover as a stand. This case, however, avoids this issue as it is an all-in-one product, so protects all of the iPad, all of the time. The case also provides a more rigid typing platform than the smart cover did and I don't fear it will collapse when using it.

Delivery was extremly quick and item was very well packaged (arrived in a box that was clearly designed for this product). Cannot thank this company enough. The price is very fair in comparison to the competetion, especially since it is full leather. I will certainly recommend this to my friends that also own the iPad 2!