5.0 out of 5 stars As good as (if not better) than non diabetic chocolate
My dad was thrilled to finally have a diabetic chocolate that tasted like chocolate. Thankyou Thortons for making his Christmas
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Mrs A M Nickells

3.0 out of 5 stars These make an excellent gift for someone you don't like.
I originally bought these for my diabetic father, but sadly he passed away before he got them. As a result they have spent time in my fridge until last night, when faced with (omg) being able to find NO OTHER CHOCOLATE (!!) I had no choice but to get stuck in.
What can I say? Frankly, I think my father dodged a bullet there.
I sat and scoffed ten of these...
Published 12 months ago by amazon_reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars These make an excellent gift for someone you don't like., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
What can I say? Frankly, I think my father dodged a bullet there.
I sat and scoffed ten of these monsters, they tasted okay, not brilliant, a little too sweet, a little too samey... but I'm not exactly choosy when it comes to chocolate so I ploughed on through. I washed them down with a nice mug of tea before trotting off to bed, fat and happy.
Half an hour after going to bed I was doubled over with stomach cramps, t hen the fluffing started. Raising the duvet about half an inch off the bed each time, my bedroom echoed with each loud noisy blast and smelt like the inside of a public lavatory. Then I felt less confident with each fluff, bent over with stomach cramps I only made it to the toilet just in time. I have never known diaorrea like this. It went on for four hours, I must have ran to the toilet at least 15 times! Very unpleasant.
Now you might wonder why since these chocolates made me so ill I have given them three stars, and the reason is this:
There's a girl in my office I absolutely can't stand, and she is currently on a diet. These chocolates are going to make the most perfect present. On the surface they look innocent and considerate, but the kicker is they may well finish the old trout off.
When they make her ill (ha!) I can just say, "but they were THORNTONS! it must have been something else..." then throw an evil laugh like a maniac.... so stock up on these, give them to your co-workers, neighbours, and siblings. Just don't eat them yourself!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good flavour, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
The problem with these is the unfortunate effect they had on my digestive system. Without going into too much detail let me just say that I had a night of gale force wind. This reaction may well of course, be peculiar to me...

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as (if not better) than non diabetic chocolate, 18 Jan. 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Sugar alcohols, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
This product may be "sugar free" but it contains large quantities of the sugar alcohol malitol which has a similar glycemic index to ordinary table sugar. It tastes like regular chocolate. It looks like regular chocolate. It smells like regular chocolate. ...it will impact your blood glucose levels like regular sugar! Sneaky nutritional guideline laws which make a distinction between sugar and sugar alcohols are the only reason this can be labelled as "sugar free".

Please avoid if actually diabetic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabetic Assortment, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
Swift delivery, well packed, the item looks nice, the item was heavy so you would expect value for money, and I think it will make a great present for a diabetic friend

4.0 out of 5 stars Thorntons chocolates for diabetics, 24 Jan. 2011
It was great for Mum to have a choice of chocolate and sweets when we all did at Christmas. Though a bit pricey (diabetic sweets/chocs
always are - which is soooo unfair there was a good selection (though for that price there could have been a few more actual chocolates which is why I've docked them a star.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous! Sugar, Gluten and Alcohol Free! and actually taste of Chocolate! Yummy!, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
These Diabetic No added sugar Diabetic Chocolates from Thorntons are simply Divine. All Their Recipes have been Loved by our family ever since Thorntons started making Chocolate and they haven't disappointed us with these either They are wonderful!
I am Coeliac and Diabetic and cannot have alcohol because it is not grain free. So imagine my delight when I received a box of these lovely Thorntons Diabetic Chocolate assortment and discovered they were safe to eat! not only that but they actually taste of real chocolate! They do not have that waxy taste and feel in the mouth or have that laxative effect that a lot of "sugar free" confectionery does. And to be able to find Chocolate with no added sugar and no alcohol to boot is fantastic. We recommend Thorntons Diabetic assortment chocolates to Everyone Everywhere Every time 100%.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but......., 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
These taste like regular chocolate - I'm not entirely convinced that they're totally suitable for diabetics however.

One word of caution, they do appear to produce fairly volcanic results in the lower colon!!

Every time I've eaten a couple of them I've had a lively tum (I'm trying to be delicate dear reader). I've done a bit of reading on the Internet and my experience is not unique.

This is not a Thornton problem, but a diabetic chocolate one.

I would caution anyone eating these over christmas not to mix these with Brussell Sprouts - you could actually explode.

1.0 out of 5 stars No go, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
I gave them to my son who was told he shouldn't eat them as they were harmful for diabetics! I dont know if this is correct as I found it surprising. Better safe than sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for diabetic chocs, 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Thorntons Diabetic Assortment 415g (Misc.)
These chocolates really are the bees knees for diabetics. They actually have a few different centres in them which is so rare. Well done Thornton's for selling them but they could bring the price down a bit (why are diabetic chocs always so expensive?). Anyway I can now tuck into my box of chocs without thinking Mum is missing out!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›