5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpfull
Published on 13 Mar 2008 by J. Cronin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you are studying computer science.
Recommended if it is the subject for you.
Not for me however as I have very little knowledge of computers.
Published 12 months ago by DC15

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpfull, 13 Mar 2008
J. Cronin (South Wales.UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very similar to the online tutorials, but if like me you find it easier to read from a book than look at a computer screen all day this is a must have! I am looking to purchase the second book in this series to help me through the second part of the course.I do feel that they are a little expensive but I think these books will be very usefull for future reference should you wish to use them in relation to a job.You can purchase a book for the lab tests to acompany this book but if you are doing the cisco ccna exploration course then you can save these from the online labs and print them yourself. Hope this is of some help to you guys out there who like me wondered if this book would deliver. In my opinion it does and i would personaly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it, 9 Jan 2012
bought this book to complement a course based around the CCNA in college.
if you want bullet points and a quick reference book, this is NOT the book for you,
However, if you want a book to give an excellent understanding of the Networking Fundamentals course then this is a great book.
All the content is clear and well detailed, if a little long winded at some stages, but is well worth the purchase.
Initially i bought the lab manual companion , but that was too light on info, so for the sake of a few extra 's buy this instead.
i still give it a look over every now and again.
a worth while purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but not essential for everyone, 21 Dec 2012
I'm about to take the CCNA01 exam at the beginning of January and this is the book we have been using as part of my course.
It is more or less identical to the online course material from CISCO but sometimes the book gives a better illustration of a problem and sometimes the online material does.
I use both in equal measure but I prefer to read and make notes in the book and then go over it again online.
You don't need this book as the online CISCO course materials are of a really high quality but I personally find it really useful study aide: be warned though... there are some errors in the book e.g. page 77 which describes POP3 as being UDP on port 110... also some of the cabling and pinout diagrams are not super helpful as they are reproduced in black and blue rather than full colour... it's kind of hard to identify the colours in an RJ45 connecter when it's shown in a range of different shades of blue!!!
All that said: buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading, 5 Oct 2008
Roy Grant (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is a vital tool for your CCNA, it is explain well and is a good companion for the online material that you will get with your CCNA learning.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you are studying computer science., 21 Aug 2013
Recommended if it is the subject for you.
Not for me however as I have very little knowledge of computers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 8 May 2013
Excellent. Covers all I needed to know to pass the exam. A must for anyone who wants to study the course on their own and PASS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 12 Mar 2013
Has seen me through the first part of my quad course. No complaints.. Suggest to anyone to purchase if they like Network engineering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr am, 16 Dec 2012
It its very good book which I can recommend anyone who is preparing CCNA Exams and can be very good reference for your future.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 9 Nov 2011
Nice cover...very helpful for studying CCNA for semester 1!!You must also buy the other three books to complete the full material of CCNA!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting CCNA study?, 5 Nov 2011
This is a well written, well laid out book. I had the predecessor from a few years back and that was less well presented. If you're aiming for CCNA, start here.