5.0 out of 5 stars What do vegan zombies eat for dinner? 'GRAAAIIIIINNNNSSS!'
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is more of the same zombie mutilation that we've mashed our way through in the previous 2 titles, but hey, that sounds brain-tastically brilliant, right? Well, lemme tell you, it sure is!

Published 15 months ago by alternadv

3.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ALL GONE WEST
Published on 22 Oct. 2011 by Mark Andrew

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What do vegan zombies eat for dinner? 'GRAAAIIIIINNNNSSS!', 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

Off The Record is a re-imagining of the story in Dead Rising 2, where alcohol chugging gambler's paradise is overrun by zombies and you must uncover the culprit behind the unexpected outbreak. This main story remains pretty much unchanged, but this time you play through it as fan favourite Frank West, rather than the dull Chuck Green.

A bunch of new weapons, survivors and events have been thrown in to spice things up a little this time around, but I guess some could complain that it is a tad too similar to Dead Rising 2. But for those like me, who played Off The Record a year after DR2, then I think you'll find it an exciting revisit to Fortune City.

The game is full of hilarious and outrageous moments and they're made that much better having West's sarcastic commentary on the shenanigans that are ensuing. Dead Rising has never been known for its deep or moving storyline, and that's fine! This is all about the crazy missions and all the fun you can have exploding, slicing, dicing, golf-balling the zombies to death.

Live out your zombie fantasy in Fortune City!

3.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ALL GONE WEST, 22 Oct. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was really happy with my original purchase of Dead Rising 2. I thought it was a real fun game to play, I loved the Casino resort and the customization on offer. And, in my opinion, I preferred Chuck Greene as a main character over Frank West (please people dont give me a hard time I know lots of you love Frank - which is perhaps why Capcom have released Off the Record). Dead Rising 2 was better than Dead Rising, it was an improvement.

So months after Dead Rising 2 we have Off the Record - a re-imagining of the game from the point of view of Frank West. So you could say its more a "what If" scenario as I do consider the original events of Dead Rising 2 to be canon.

Off the Record is certainly going to please the Frank West fan boys as photography makes a return from the first game, allowing you to snap Zombies, points of interets and zany survivors with a look to amassing decent amounts of XP with good shots. There are also a few new custom weapons to find and also a whole new area to explore.

The real question is, is this game worth the asking price? Well I bought it and it was nice to get back into fortune City but.....I really enjoyed playing as Chuck Greene and in my eyes I had already fleshed out my experience of Dead Rising 2. Still for those people out there who have played Dead Rising and didnt, for whatever reason, purchase Dead Rising 2 this is a fair price for a try out of number 2.

Nothing has really changed here, a few more survivors, a couple of different takes on the main storyline, the load times are slightly better but the presentation and graphics remain unaltered. Fortune City is a fun distraction but for those who,like me, have already played Dead Rising 2 to death then it just isnt as fun this time round.

Hopefully Capcom will soon announce a third game for the series.

6/10 Maybe worth a try for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Feb. 2015
Mr. Alan Hughes (cumbria england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
son bought it I do not play computer games - he said it was great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
Bonnie Royale (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Love this game. Played it more than 3 times. For Zombie Fans :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough, 19 Feb. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I love the Deadrising series! I enjoyed this spin off of Deadrising 2, it just wasn't enough. The best part of the game were the challenges. The story line and missions for regular game play were too similar to missions from the original Deadrising 2 game. It was fun to reenter the mall, I just wanted more.

4.0 out of 5 stars dead rising 2 off the record, 7 Nov. 2011
A. ward (england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
enjoying it,can play 2 different games and save all what you earn on sandbox and take into main game.this can give you a good start in the main game.some fantastic costumes to get changed into and new weapons.there is a new section called uranus park,a small amusement park.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Jun. 2013
Mr. R. J. Cooper (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great item, fast delivery. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Rising v2.5 -- but still a great game., 30 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
*** DISCLAIMER ***
This review represents MY sole opinion regarding the product.

+ Original Dead Rising character Frank West is back!
+ Crazy number of weapons/items to find.
+ New "sandbox" mode extends the fun.
+ CO-OP mode is great with a friend.
+ Added "Uranus Zone" theme park to explore.

- More/less the same survivors from DR2, only different places & times.
- Lack of new content may seem a rip-off to fans of DR2.

A great zombie survival game for any fan with a good sense of humor. It is essentially Dead Rising 2, except you're Frank instead of Chuck and the story is mixed up here and there. Other than that, and the addition of Uranus Zone theme park, it's pretty much one big DLC. I can understand why some may see the game as a rip-off, but if you're a hardcore fan of the DR games like myself, then consider buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
excellent service sons very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead rising 2 off the record, 7 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was realy impressed with dead rising 2 off the record, even though it is only a what iff story of the original dead rising 2 game it is still fun in its own way some people may say that it is just dead rising 2 with frank west but it has allot more added to it and has had many things changed such as new combo cards and phyco's along with the new area uranus zone which is realy fun for killing the zombies on the rides and driving the new vehicle the clown car. The sandbox mode was a good realy fun add feature to the game replacing the terror is reality mode from dead rising 2, the challenges in sandbox mode were realy fun to do and some were realy challenging and you could put a couple of hours into doing them all. overall dead rising 2 off the record is a great game which you could see your self putting many hours into just from finishing the game and if you enjoy getting achievment you would see your self putting allot of time into trying to get them all so if anyone is thinking of buying this game then you should.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Xbox 360)