5.0 out of 5 stars A peek behind the scenes into a whole new world
This is the book that the BBC's excellent "Sirens" series is based on. However, it's a re-issue of "Blood Sweat and Tea", so if you have that, you're not going to get anything new buying this. It also isn't book of the programme, so if you've watched Sirens, then read the book for another perspective.

The book itself is excellent. It is basically some re-edited...
Published on 5 Aug. 2011 by mauvedeity

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been half the size
I bought this on the back of the TV series (once I realised it was based on a book) and I enjoyed reading the first third or half of the book, but after that it was a little 'samey'. The topics of the book tend to repeat themselves (drunks, Matern-a-Taxi's) which, undoubtedly, would suit the initial format (the book was copied from a blog) but doesn't suit the...
Published on 12 Oct. 2012 by Paul Aitken

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
This book was very entertaining but also thought provoking and emotional. Very well written and looking forward to reading more from Tom Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars True to Life, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, insight into the Paramedic scene so true to life. This is the second book of Tom Reynolds that I have read, enjoyed both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
Must say I loved this book, great read. I wanted something I could pick up and put down with ease but found I couldn't put this down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Jan. 2013
Vicflex (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
Loved every page. I haven't watched sirens yet but have just ordered the DVD. This book is very entertaining and interesting, buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars sirens, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
Another good book from Tom Reynolds about the ambulance service. Easy to read and sometimes comical in a touching way.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly readable, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
I love this guy's books; he is so readable and so interesting. Brings his work to life. More please! And soon!

2.0 out of 5 stars sirens(tvshow), 28 May 2013
i did not relise this book was by this author ,the t.v show was nothing like the amblance service ,as my late husbandworked for many years in the london branch , this is a bad way of showing what a great job the men a ladys that work in this service do, to put there own life on the line to save the puplic ,who do not always thank them for a great job thay do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought ... but tough going, 10 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
As an NHS employee I thought it would be informative to read "Sirens" so that I could find out a bit more about life on the clinical "front line".

On the third attempt I finally got to the end of the book after giving up to have a bit of light relief a couple of times. If this is a representative account of life on the NHS front line in East London then I am grateful that I live in Devon!

A book half the length with half as many descriptions of being called out to "suspended" drunks would have been more bearable.

I'm sorry that I didn't enjoy this book more but it simply made me wonder whether the great British public as described in "Sirens" are worthy recipients of the services offered by the NHS.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same book... New name, 3 July 2013
This review is from: The Complete Blood, Sweat and Tea (Kindle Edition)
First page and I'm thinking 'I've read this before'. So I skip to middle and I confirm my thoughts..... it's the two of Tom's books into one. Wish I'd read the reviews before I bought this. Will be complaining to Amazon.

They are great books......just this is a bit of a con.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct. 2014