5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 1st fiction book, cannot wait for 2nd
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Jackie

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish story and even worse punctuation!
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish story and even worse punctuation!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'd ignore all the 5 star reviews if I were you! I bought this for my Kindle based on them, and SOOOOO wish I hadn't! The reviews said how good the story was, and the characters, but I'm afraid I found the story quite boring - it was mainly about the characters, which I found I didn't care about at all! Too much about feeding cats, going for a walk, shopping, cooking and drinking - really TOO much! I thought it would be about a monster in the Loch, but after reading it until I was 75% through and STILL no sight of it, I gave up and never finished it. What really did my head in however, was the appalling punctuation - or total lack of it in most cases! There were even words missing - lots of words - which I found so very annoying, that I got really fed up of filling them in to make sense of virtually every sentence - especially as the book wore on. Terrible story and even worse writing. Will not be reading another of Ms Cope's if this is what I have to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 1st fiction book, cannot wait for 2nd, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Laura, a middle aged, overweight, academic, comes into an unexpected inheritance. As she is enthralled with the legends of Merlin and believes there is a chance he spent time in Scotland around the Loch Ness area, she decides to use the money to fund further research by leaving her job and moving to Loch Ness. Her daughter who is at university backs her project so off she sets.

On arrival at the wee cottage she has rented, she discovers there are a couple of groups of university people doing different studies in the area. In one group is an old friend, John, with whom she soon ends up in cahoots as strange things and strange people are spotted.

Being an outsider in the village, she soon comes to the attention of the local Laird, Henry, who lives in the Big House and has an extensive library which he makes available to her. And then more strange and disturbing events occur and you are drawn into the murder, mystery, myth, or is it magic???

I loved the book and could not put it down. I enjoyed having a main character who is nearer my own age, I enjoyed the story being set in Scotland (obviously) and I just found it to be so easy to read, from paragraph 1 of chapter 2, I was in that village with them and living the story. (chapter 1 was setting the scene from the past!!) It was one of those books you can't stop reading, but don't want it to end........ Now Tabitca, please hurry up with book 2!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A rattling good read, 3 July 2011
Colette "Spend my time cycling, reading, list... (Gorebridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love a good mystery story and one set on the banks of Loch Ness, where I spent a lot of time growing up, seemed the ideal combination. I wasn't wrong, it's an exciting story that pulls you along from the start, sucking you into the mystery and making you want to just keep on reading. The characterisation is great, I love the protagonist, a feisty woman who just can't help getting involved in the adventure around her. I would thoroughly recommend this and can't wait for the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Ness, 24 Aug 2013
Mr. John Thompson "john80c" (Otley,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Ness (Paperback)
Take a group of students on a research project then mix in Loch Ness and it's animal, the legendary Merlin and a group of Nero-Nazis you then have a recipe for a very exciting thriller. This is a well-written page turner with no dull prtions and it has a ginormous twist at the end which no one will see coming. It is illustrated by black and white photographs that show both the beauty and sinisterness of the loch. Tabitca is a great talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book an interesting story set around Loch Ness, couldn't put it down highly recommended, have now started reading the second book of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super summer read!, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Paperback)
I was gripped from the first page - a brilliant combination of excellent writing, beautiful locations and an enthralling plot. Laura is a very likeable and funny character, and I found her refreshing and realistic as a heroine. The plot moves quickly, and there are twists and turns to keep your nose glued to the page.

In all, a gripping, highly enjoyable page-turner - a brilliant first-novel from Tabitca Cope and I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars well researched, fascinating story, highly recommended, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Paperback)
Tabitca Cope has managed to produce a book worthy of Agatha Christie, there are so many hints and twists in the plot! The characters are real people that ordinary people can relate to not fantasy rich beautiful people. I loved the book and will be reading the remainder of the trilogy. If you want some good holiday reading, buy this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant read, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book from the first page...it left me wanting more. The Characters enter your lives.... I couldn't wait to read the following 2 books.....just brilliant!!! The author sets the seen so well. I believe book 4 is being written as I type....... Hurry up please

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, could not put it down!, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed Dark Ness, great characters and fantastic story! Could not put it down, and cannot wait to start on the rest of the trilogy. I highly recommend you read this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A damned fine book, 24 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dark Ness (Paperback)
I have recently received my printed edition, and the combination of the writing, the tale and plot, and the art, font and photo works ... A really fine book for my collection. Well done to the author and the 'press'

Dark Ness (Dark Trilogy Book 1)