5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever
Published on 24 Nov 2002 by Mrs J P Rushby

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow, bland, cliched. And that's the good news.
This was the second Lindsey book I tried. I thought I'd better give her another chance after reading Man of My Dreams (also raved about by reviewers) and finding it to be, possibly, the worst piece of drivel I'd ever ploughed through.
Well, Gentle Rogue is slightly better. I think. I read 200 pages of Gentle Rogue as opposed to 100 pages of Man of my Dreams, so I...
Published on 4 July 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever, 24 Nov 2002
Mrs J P Rushby (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
A few years ago I was given my first book by Johanna Lindsey and now I own them all! This book is the best one I have ever read! I love it and have re-read it many times. James is the simply sexy and so appealing English Lord, but he is also witty, and you can't wait to see what will happen with Georgina, his American "stowaway" who is a fantastic heroine, unique and full of courage, and both have a great sense of humour, which ultimately appealed to me! A fast paced, engaging book which made me smile. You will not be able to put it down. I stayed up all night to read it. The Malory brothers are fantastic... Anthony's story is just as good! These are the best of Johanna's books, but all are worth a read and enjoyable in their own right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinarily Precise Romance, 22 July 1999
By A Customer
I received this book as a gift a couple of years ago at Christmas. I've read it several times since then, and I never get enough of James Malory. I love how the quirky comments and dry humor really shine. Johanna Lindsey can yank a smile out of even the direst of critics--not to mention a way of making the biggest cynic a believer in true love. Buy this book and you won't be disappointed. Allow yourself to fall in love with James and Georgina!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favorites!!!!!, 18 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I can't say enough about this book! I completely fell in love with James (who wouldn't?). I have never laughed so much while reading a book. I think I have read it at least 50 times! Two of my favorite scenes is when Tony finds out that James and George are married and when they are having breakfast with Tony and his wife. Also, any scene with James and Tony going at it with each other is guaranteed to be hilarious!!! I loved the relationship Johanna Lindsey created between those two Malory men. I definitely recommend this book to everyone!!! If you haven't read it yet, you don't know what you are missing. I also loved all of the other Malory novels, but this one is the best. I CANNOT wait until Jeremy has his own story!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far The Best Book Ever, 5 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This is the first romance novel I've ever read and I can honestly say the best. I found it in my mothers room when I was about 14 yrs old. I read it in one night because I just couldn't put it down. This book made me laugh out loud so many times. The characters are the best! After I read this book I was comepletly hooked on romance novels. Yet, no matter what books I've read since, I always come back to this one. I must have read it at least 40 times. (Its my second copy) James is the man!! He's so cute and absolutely lovable. You fall in love with him from the beginning. Johanna went way beyond herself when she created this character. I also have to give her credit for the little weird positions she put George in they were hilarious. And I have to say the chemistry b/t George and James makes me believe in true love.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fantastic!!, a must read for every romance reader, 21 April 2002
By A Customer
this was the first romance book that i ever read and what an introduction into the genre, JL is definitley one of the best writers of romance. This is the third story in the Malory family, and this centres on the 'black sheep' James and George, and what a man James is (sigh), i wish that there were men like that in real life. The scenes with Tony (James's brother) are so funny, if you're looking for a book that gives you humour, romance and great love scenes then this is the book for you. I cant stress how good this book is, you have to buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Stars Actually!, 16 July 1999
By A Customer
They don't get better than this! I absolutely loved this story. You can't help but love James Malory from the very beginning. Especially after how angry he became when a sailor hit Georgie in the ear! Gotta love it! He was such a Gentle Rogue. I couldn't put it down for anything. I HAVE TO THANK THE OTHER READERS THAT RATED THIS BOOK SO HIGHLY. I purchased this book based on their recommendation and I was not disappointed in the very least!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Rogue, 3 July 1999
By A Customer
If you are wavering on reading this book, let me save you the trouble. Just get it. This novel is not only delicious, romantic, beyond your wildest dreams, and perfect, but it also adds more than just a smile. James Malory is not only a rake and absolutely handsome, he's develishly hilarious, and as you'll find, and Johanna absolutely outdid herself with this one. I've read all of the Malory novels, but this one surpasses them all, and all the other romance novels I have ever read, by far. I'm just hoping Jeremy will be just like his father and we get to hear all about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the greatest!, 28 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Once you pickup one of Johanna's books about the Mallory family you instantly fall in love. I have read the entire series twice and it is wonderful. Where are Drew and Jeremy's books? They have worked their way into my heart & I'd love to see them fall in love with a wonderful woman. I'm can't wait for more books about the Mallory men & women.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 12 May 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book! James is definitely my favorite Malory, and Georgina was great! I read everybody else's reviews, and I'm in agreement with them. Where's Jeremy's book?

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet., 8 May 1999
By A Customer
The Malory Books are the best romance novels ever written. At one glance you will fall into love with the family. But hey Where is the book about James's son?this book has all the classics. Adventure, Passion, and humor. It took me into a family that seems like the one you always wished to be a part of. You cheer for James when he proves that even he, a man who swore to never become leg-shackled, can find love true love. And the groans of the people when it looks as if they are never going to be togther. The whole book is spectaular. But then again WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE!!!!!!! IT'S A NOVEL BY JOHANNA LINDSEY!!!!!!! AND A MALORY NOVEL TO BOOT!!!!!!!!

ARRAY(0xa5ea7b04)

Gentle Rogue (Malory Novels)
Gentle Rogue (Malory Novels) by Johanna Lindsey