4.0 out of 5 stars Fun romp
An enjoyable, romp with an interesting twist. If you like a simple regency read this is it. Good for a wet Sunday afternoon.
Published on 11 Nov 2011 by RJV

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not her best, just ok
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun romp, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE EARL, 13 Oct 2011
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Margaret de Lacey had never been beautiful, when she was small her Mother told her to eat her porridge and she would grow up beautiful, but it wasn't true, she had two seasons in London which came to nothing as she had neither looks or dowry to recommend her. With both parents dead Margaret lives in town with her brother Francis. Margaret and Francis were estranged from the other members of their family, namely the Duke of Durham, they had no idea of the reason for this as it happened long ago. Now the duke and his heir are dead and Francis is the new Duke of Durham, he settles forty thousand pounds on Margaret,which she strongly objects to, as she knows fortune hunters will be after her hand in marriage for such a large sum.
One of these is Rhys Corwen Earl of Dowling, who is destitute. He first meets Margaret at a ball where she is really rude to him to make him go away. Unfortunately it has the opposite effect, he is attracted to her and decides she is the woman for him.
This is a short story, written in the most charming way. I liked the characters very much, the two leads in particular, but all of the characters in this story are very well developed and have real depth. I have read books by this author in the past and have enjoyed them, and she has not disappointed here this is an excellent read. Highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the Earl, 26 Feb 2012
M. M. Beaney "beanbabe" (Camberley, Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
I had not read this author before and was pleasantly surprised, it was a good story and flowed nicely, well worth downloading if you like Historical Romance, like I do - would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it!, 8 Dec 2011
I will leave the story synapsis to someone else and just give my review on how I felt about I Love the Earl, by Caroline Linden.
I was delighted with the fresh characters and refreshing plot. Historical romance has been done to death, but Linden managed to give it a sparkling wit. Her world building was spot on and the clothing discriptions beautiful. Her main female character was sharp witted, but stayed within her world/decade (no mean feat!). The main male character was a lovely blend of flawed and heroic, and beautifully rendered. The plot was fun to read and not totally predictable. The secondary, support characters were almost as well rounded as the mains. I felt they could have had more to do in the story, if they'd been allowed to.
The only negative thing I felt about it, was the end was too abrupt, there was easily another chapter there, but it was told in about 2 paragraphs.
I recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014
Not her best, just ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Caroline Linden, 16 Jan 2014
Delivery very quick from ordering. Very happy with it, Very entertaining read. Carolyn Linden a mistress story teller I very much enjoy her books

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy story., 12 Nov 2013
K. J. Daniels (Walsall, UK) - See all my reviews
It was ok I suppose, light reading, slushy romance, totally predictable plot but easy reading. I don't think I would really recommend unless you like 'Mills and Boon' style stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 13 April 2013
I enjoyed this book but wish it had been longer. The characters were likeable and the storyline was ok. I will put it in my favourites and read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I REALLY LOVED THE EARL!!, 4 Mar 2012
The first great review tells all you need to know about the story but I would like to add my voice so that a few more people may indulge themselves and have the pleasure that reading this short book brings. The Hero, Rhys, was just up my street but I didn't begrudge 'Maggie' one little bit, because she had waited long enough for her mate.

Now that I have read this, I will read more by this writer and hope to have the same pleasure in the future.

Excellent!

I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke)