on 16 January 2014
My keyboard version unfortunately broke, and as they are no longer made I now have the Kindle Touch. I had previously been delighted with my Kindle telling everyone how great it was, but I am not as impressed with the Kindle Touch. If the screen is accidentally touched it can jump pages which take you ages to find where you were again. the keyboard was easier to hold in one hand and touch the buttons to go backward and forward, I feel I need 2 hands which may sound petty but I might as well have a book. I suppose I will get used to, it but I do think Amazon should consider making the keyboard version again.
on 14 March 2014
I thought I would miss the keyboard on the original Kindle, especially after trying to use my wife's 2nd gen Kindle with on screen keyboard accessible only via cursor. The touchscreen element of the Touch makes this much easier - in line wiith how I use a smartphone or tablet. The touch sensitive page turning requires a little finesse but once I got used to this I find it even easier to read one handed due to the lightness of this model. There are occasions when the page seems to jump to the beginning or end of a chapter, which is a nuisance, but this is probably just a feature which I have not read up on - The management of the device was so intuitive that I haven't read ANY of the user guide yet!
As a tablet owner with no need to upgrade to a Kindle Fire I find that this Kindle Touch does everything I could want from a reader. I'm sure that once I find out how to use (and avoid as necessary) all of the available features I will be back to upgrade my rating to a 5*.
on 21 May 2014
I am very very pleased with my kindle Touch Wi-Fi-R and as I am visually impaired it is so easy for me to use
Once I have chosen a book of my choice I can just sit back and listen to it and I know where I am up to in the book as the narrator tells me at the beginning of each chapter
It is so light too hold too much lighter than a book and the battery life is very good too
I have always loved reading and when I become sight impaired I thought that was the end of my love of books but my kindle has given me back that joy as I really enjoy listening to my kindle
I have used this product for over a year now my first Kindle Touch Wi-Fi-R unfortunately developed a fault on the sound and I was asked to return it
This has now been replaced with a brand new kindle Touch Wi-Fi-R at no cost to myself and the postage returning the faulty kindle Touch Wi-Fi-R has been refunded
on 17 September 2014
Had a keyboard version, but it stopped functioning on holiday, and was provided with a new Kindle Touch by Amazon on making the aware of my problem, ( thank you Amazon!). I like the fact that It is a touch screen , as the name implies(!). However as I had purchased a lovely leather case for my previous keyboard version with a light working directly from the kindle battery itself, and which fitted it perfectly, I found it very annoying & a major inconvenience that I could no longer read my kindle in bed, without disturbing my husband's sleep! The clip on light for the Touch, which I purchased separately, and which was not manufactured by Amazon, was just not good enough. If there was a comparable case for the Touch, I would have been extremely happy . However, while I am using my Kindle Touch happily throughout the day, and enjoying the increased ease of page turning etc, I resorted to also purchasing a Kindle Keyboard ( second hand on EBay ) for the sole purpose of reading at night. So Amazon, please create a similar case for the Kindle Touch , the it would be perfect...
on 17 December 2013
The only thing I do not like is the on /off switch I find it too easy to switch itself on as you open case also you need the lightest touch to turn the page otherwise it runs away with itself.
on 1 January 2014
Finding it a bit difficult to navigate, very different from original. Not as straightforward new not always better. Still working on it.
on 9 January 2014
l like the kindle but as it replaced my 3G with keyboard, I find it trickier when shopping for new books. On the plus side, however, it is lighter and more compact and easier to hold as a result!
on 3 January 2014
Had this one as a replacement for my previous Kindle that gave up. Have to say I prefered the old one. The touch screen either works or it doesn't, I've had it a week and had to reboot it several times. Anything touches the screen and it will flick through or alter text size, also find it hard to go to the last page read. The real question is after reading other customer reviews, why are so many Kindles failing and have to be replaced? Sounds like a real quality issue, where are these things made and at what cost?; As well as the cost to the reputation of Amazon?
on 25 January 2015
STILL WAITING!!! Hello Amazon - is anyone reading this????????????????????????????

Still waiting for mine! Have had the same problem as other people - my Kindle Keyboard broke, so they said that I would be sent this one (but I would have to wait two months). Just received an email saying it will be another 6 weeks!! No explanation for the delay. You'd never think this was a massive, worldwide organisation!
Don't be fooled if they offer to replace your broken kindle with a more current version, you may have to wait quite some time................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................................
Ask for your money back instead.
on 28 April 2014
This is my 3rd kindle in less than 3 years - my previous one was a 3rd generation or keyboard version which had to be replaced after 8 months when the screen went blank. Amazon replaced it with their usual effieciency and speed so no arguments. Another 18 months down the line and my Kindle freezes. After investigating the forums and contacting Customer Service the verdict was it was beyone help. Kindle did offer a "special" price to upgrade, however I felt this was unfair as it would now be my 3rd kindle in less than 3 years.

Amazon didn't argue and offered an equivalent replacement "Kindle Touch Wi-Fi R". I have to say it’s OK but its not as good as my other one...it's too temperamental!
It changes pages if you're not touching the screen and its hit and miss as to how many pages will be turned at a swipe of a hand!! The options to move your books around into collections are long winded and it can take two or three attempts before the screen "allows" you to complete the action. I also feel cheated as this version doesn't have 3G which my previous one did and so I need to remember to plan my reading.

The available options for the covers are not as good as my previous one and although the new one I have bought for this one does have a light it's not the greatest.

Overall it’s OK, however I wouldn’t be choosing one to personally buy and would be very cautious going forward when I need to replace this one....my guess is it won't be too long!!