on 4 April 2016
What you pay is what you get.
I am giving 4 stars, just because I've got package slightly damaged (one box is broken), but on the other hand, I can say quality of picture and sound are excellent.
I never use reviews to write about movies itself, because this is to answer are we happy with a product itself : technical & visual effect.
However, due to fact that this was first time that I've watched part 2 and 3, I will make exception and would say :
Movie 1 : 8/10.......Movie 2 : 4/10.....Movie 3: ....6/10
on 17 January 2008
For starters, I absolutely LOVED Jurassic Park (5/5), and quite enjoyed Jurassic Park: The Lost World (3/5) and Jurassic Park 3 (3/5). I'd never owned any of these on dvd before I bought this set, so to have the option to buy them all together like this was quite handy - and I got it for £7 in a sale, bargain.

That having been said, I found the extras disc to be a bit useless. For the most part, I found it to be very similar to the extras already included with each film. There were slight differences - and 1 or 2 new documentaries added, but certainly not enough to justify an entire extra disc.

Perhaps I'm holding my expectations a little high, but having owned the Special Editions of the Lord of the Rings films (those who own these sets will understand what I mean) - the level of the extras within this "Ultimate" edition of the JP Trilogy just dont stand up.

However, for the price - to be able to get all these films together in one set isn't that bad. Just be warned, if you already have these films seperately on DVD - DONT GET THIS SET FOR THE EXTRAS. It just isn't worth it.
on 7 July 2012
The price for this was great and far better than anything I had found in the US. Checking other reviews settled my concerns about whether these were region free (they were), but the main concern was whether the digital copies would work outside the UK. They worked perfectly. Great set for a great price.
on 11 June 2015
This review is solely based on the 2nd disc in the set - the two other movies (JP, JP3) were superb and played without error.

Finally decided to unpack (bought in 2012 and never opened) my copy and watch all the Jurassic Park films again (to have them fresh in the memory just before going to watch Jurassic World), only to find out halfway through the second movie, that it skips several minutes (at 1:23:59 - the scene with T-Rex inside the tent) during playback. Very disappointing.
I can see many people had problem with disc 1, however I could barely find anyone having issues with disc 2 - but I assume it's all due to bad QC.
If I look closely on the disc, I can see a tiny hole in the data-layer, so I guess that's why it starts skipping (it will even skip until the next scene if not paused and rewinded).

Unfortunately for me there's nothing I can due, as it's been too long since I purchased the boxset.
on 27 February 2013
This is a review of the Blu-ray Ultimate Trilogy. The original film is a classic and needs no description from me. The Blu-ray picture is OK. There is definitely grain and it lacks sharpness which is present in even older films which have been transferred to blu-ray. The soundtrack is a doozy. Rustling leaves in the rear speakers, squeaks and squeals from raptors on the hunt coming from all around and the T-rex roar are outstanding. The picture quality for me is disappointing hence the 4 stars.
on 29 November 2013
Video quality is only good, still it's a big jump (obviously!) from the DVDs but nothing spectacular especially concerning JP1. Audio is phenomenal, good extras... I know the new 3D Blurays are coming out but I grabbed this one because I don't care much for post-3D and the price (£7!) was just too good to give it a pass. I'm sure if you're patient enough and don't fret then in the next few years (or maybe less!) there'll be new transfers even for the 2D prints, probably 4K scans or something.
on 10 December 2008
I like all three of these films. The Lost world is the best, all are enjoyable.
Mum and I watched all three last night. The characters' are great and fun with good humour and scary scenes. I saw Jurassic Park at the cinema when I was younger and it scared the life out of me because I had never seen dinosaurs like those in these films. Some children may find them scary with the dino teeth and great height. That scared me then, but now I think they're excellent entertainment.
on 11 March 2014
I love these films i have watched them sooo much.
My husband bought this box set for me as he knows just how much i love all the films and watch them when ever they are on the telly.
Jurassic Park is a classic and the follow on films did not disappoint they were great films on there own all have great stories with great actors.
I love them and would watch them over and over again and do :)
on 19 June 2012
Jurassic Park, a great film for the family.

I remember watching this as a kid and thought id show it to my kids.
glad i did as they loved it.
the transferral onto blu ray, i can say they did a great job(not the best,
but good enough). and the surround sound effects were amazing.
you could hear the creatures coming from behind.

Great buy for £11.99 glad i waited
on 4 March 2014
The movies are astonishing in bluray, both image and sound. I specially notice the upgrade while watching the first movie since it's the one I know better because I saw it in cinema and several times before. I confirm to everyone who might have this doubt: all the movies and extras have portuguese (portugal) subtitles. The extras are amazing and you must see them at least one time in your life.