Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 11 August 2011
This is what i would call a bargain. I thought i had all of C,B & S, and I really love what they do. But here You get a bonus-cd with these marvellous singers and a really good guide to english folk. I'm in a period of transatlantic sessions, and music from GB, otherwise I could have missed it. IT is a bargain, considering the amount of good music You get on these two cd:s. This must be worth skipping a dinner for, or more!!
Jan Hulboj, Gothenburg
on 31 July 2011
Excellent !! Some really nice new Tracks which I hadn't already got and great value too. On top of that, a whole Coope Boyes & Simpson CD thrown in. Again with many tracks I've never heard of in spite of being a CB&S fan ! Doesn't get better than that.......................
on 31 March 2013
A super compilation of current trends and traditional treatments in English folk music.Thoroughly recomended to add to your collection at a very reasonable cost.
on 3 October 2011
I hadn't come across Coope Boyes and Simpson before but am very glad I did - I really enjoyed all of the tracks on the free CD but found the Rough Guide to English Folk less enjoyable. I tended to like every second track - probably it is the nature of a compilation that there will be a variety of styles and artists and not all will appeal equally. For me, Kathryn Tickell, The Imagined Village and Chris Wood can do no wrong but the new versions of Yarmouth Town, Adieu to Old England and Byker Hill were nowhere near as good as older versions. Perhaps I am just a stick in the mud oldie!
on 18 February 2013
I lke traditional and modern folk songs. This album has quite an eclectic collection of sounds and the additional cd is a nice bonus
on 17 April 2014
Given the amount of folk music/musicians these shores have produced, you are never going to be able to fit an anthology on one disc. What this album does is bring together a number of contemporary artists with some nice, but not their finest tunes. it's more of a multi-label sampler. This version, however, comes with a bonus CD from Coope, Boyes and Simpson who are masters of accapella folk tunes. Its not a great album, but for the price (cos it was a fiver when i bought it) it's worth the money.
on 24 April 2013
Excellent service. Great album. I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in English folk music.
Arrived ahead of time.
on 23 April 2013
i was looking forward to this CD but after several listening haven't enjoyed it . So its going to the charity shop I am not sure if as anon folk person this would appeal to many or encourage people to listen to folk music.( Its put my son off)
on 28 December 2012
Its fine but i do not see why you need eighteen words surely it is up to the customer to decide