on 8 February 2013
i would recomend this series highly. it follows the lives of two friends who witness a rape, which leads to coruption from senators, judges, FBI agents ect. Kenna and Danni both end up in a little Town who look after their residents, and do anything they can to protect them. If you like love, romance,and intrige this is the book for you. The whole story is written over 3 books, but each book is great and will have you buying the next just to read what happens. I am just reading book 3.
on 9 September 2012
Whilst browsing for new books I saw another in this series and when I saw that the first book was free I thought I would give it a go based on the synopsis. I have found a number of good new authors in this way and what better way to try something new than when it is free? I started reading and have to say that the prologue seemed promising. However it was almost like it belonged to another book as when I started on the first chapter I wondered whether I had missed something. One dimensional characters and an overly descriptive read to the point of being patronising. I persevered but when the two main characters met after the father had hugged the female lead I had to give it up. Sickly and I'll pretty much read any old rubbish in order not to wonder what happens in the end. However on this one I really do not care.
on 6 February 2013
This book was a good read but seemed long! The first 50% mainly focussed on kenna and how she makes friends in keeneston, to say Will in the main love interest and key character he is rarely mentioned and only sees her a handful of times. But as you get into the book and over 50% will and kennas relationship is featured more and despite one miss understanding with his ex wife at the beginning of the book there's no question will and kenna are in love and together regardless of who trys to break them up. The book gets better and despite the very slow start end up a good read, it could have been cut a bit shorter as the author tended to ramble on putting too much description into things. I think I will get the next book as I'm keen to see how it all ends.
on 27 February 2013
Couldn't wait to finish the book, never boring going to keep reading the series. Well done and thank you. Here's to the next book.
on 10 April 2012
I love this author and have devoured all 4 books she has out in this series. I love how she set up the whole town. If you're looking for reality, there is a bit of it mixed in, but there is also that fantasy life that we all hope for. That longing to be such a huge part of something. I'm from a small town, and one thing I love about it, is that you get to know all the business owners. I would adore to meet the Rose sisters in this book, and have a cup of their sweet iced tea, and scrumptious pie. This book focuses on so much more than just the romance, it focuses on the entire community and you completely fall in love with them. I finished the book around 3am, and had to buy the next book right away and dive into it. This was my favorite of the three, though I liked the other two also, but the 4th book is the start of the brothers that are introduced in this book, and that one has become my new favorite. This is a series that isn't your typical romance, its so good. There are a few spelling and grammer errors, but nothing so bad it took away from my reading enjoyment. kathlene brooks has moved to the top of my favorite authors now.
on 18 August 2012
I quite enjoyed this book the irritation for me is that isn't stand alone you need the other books to find out what happens. I'm not convinced it's worth the cost of the others to reach what I am sure will be a happy ending.
on 29 October 2015
The premise is that a lawyer (Kenna) from New York is on the run because she witnessed a crime committed by important and influential people at her law firm. She applies for a job in a small town to stay below the radar while she decides what to do about what she saw. It just so happens that she knows one of the families in the local area and hopes to get reacquainted with them to help her get the job she applied for. It just so happens that the son of the family (Will) is the first boy she kissed 17 years earlier who is now a successful racing horse owner. Kenna comes to love the town and it's inhabitants and starts a relationship with Will.

I was so looking forward to this book. It had brilliant reviews and was the start of a series. I thought I was starting a new collection from a new author. However I could not even finish it. The plot of the book was promising but unfortunately the writing was amateurish and the characters were unbelievable and annoying. My main problems are that within hours of arriving in the town everyone loves Kenna including Will. That everyone is nice and friendly and motherly and fatherly except for Wills money grabbing ex wife. On top of that we have an incredibly wealthy Sheikh living within the area who everyone is suspicious of until Kenna befriends him and shows the town that he is actually a really nice man. I could go on and on but I think I have wasted enough of my time on the book. I am only grateful I got this through the kindle unlimited books service and did not buy it.
on 26 May 2014
McKenna is a lawyer in a New York firm and after celebrating her 29th birthday she goes back to her office for a file she needs and discovers that one of the firms monthly 'poker parties' is going on. What she sees is actually a group of partners, senators, judges and her boyfriend gang raping a woman! When they realize they have been found out, they send the boyfriend, Chad, after Kenna to silence her.

Kenna runs and finds an ADA job in a small town in Kentucky. She meets Will who breeds champion race horses and they are attracted to each other. Kenna tries to keep her distance because she knows people are after her and Will feels bad bringing Kenna into his life because his ex-wife is constantly causing trouble for him even though they have been divorced for two years.

The characters were all well developed and I really liked Kenna and Will. I liked Kenna and thought she was pretty smart to have gotten away from the bad guys but then I had my doubts about her intelligence when she believed Whitney's stories. Will was a great guy and always looking out for his family. The Rose sisters were a hoot! I loved to hate Whitney (the ex-wife). What a witch.

Kenna didn't tell anyone why she left New York and I kept wanting her to tell Mo about it since he had all resources she would need to help her in this mess, but she didn't tell anyone for a very long time.

The small Kentucky town was described so well you can picture it easily. The town folk who knew everything going on within minutes of it happening were perfect for that small town image.

At the end there was one person that we never did find out what happened to which was frustrating. The ending wasn't very clear generally and a bit abrupt.

This is a gripping story. The beginning had me squirming reading about the crime taking place but I wanted to find out what happened to all the bad guys and couldn't read fast enough. Yes, I did scim over some of the descriptions about clothing, food preparation and the officer's oath but for the most part, I liked this book.
on 4 November 2012
I have read all of the books in this series and really enjoyed them all. As soon as I finished one I got the next and so on. This book is set in a wonderful town full of slightly eccentric people. The writing is so descriptive that I would love to go and stay in that town and get to know all of it's inhabitants! If you like good romance stories that are well written with brave, beautiful heroines and charming, handsome men who make your heart flutter then this is the book for you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :o)
on 8 December 2012
Yep I really enjoyed this book for the story and not the sex this time! Yes, it had sex in it but not graphic for a change which is quite something nowadays. The plot was good, not overly suspenseful but good enough to keep me reading in till 1am in the morning to finish it. So that's always a good sign. The characters were colourful, the resident bitch/bully was/were undeniably shudder worthy. All in all the book was brought together well and Kenna and Will were great to follow.