on 18 January 2013
Purchased this with the GoPro tripod mount to put a GoPro camera on my cycle handlebars.

I would have purchased the dedicated GoPro handlebar mount, but reviews suggest you can't rely on it not to break and drop your camera on the tarmac.

For the price, this mounts is feels solid and reliable. I have hit some pretty big pot holes cycling in London, and never a sign it would give way.

Setting up the GoPro vertically above this mount results in quite a high 'stack' of mount + adapter + camera. After some experimentation, I found it best to position the mount horizontally (screw facing horzontally forwards) then rotate the GoPro 90 degrees on the tripod mount so it is suspended below it. This looks more compact and less precarious - also puts the camera in front of the brake/gear cables giving a clear view forwards. Search You Tube for "GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition - Low Light - Cycling - London" and you can see the results.
on 10 December 2012
I'm from Portugal and I bought this item to be attached to a kartcross/buggy.
Instead of buying a Hero Camcorder, I bought this so I could use my FlipVideo Camcorder.
I just made a test-run and I'm really surprised. It was easy to mount, the diameter the mount supports is good and the camcorder fits fine in the hard rubber so the camera wont move along the way.
My biggest fear was the bumps, I was affraid the mount would break at any moment but it didn't. It looks strong enough to support major bumps in the road. Also, the angle the mount allows you to tilt the camera is more than enough (It's not 90º, but close to 40º)
The only thing that could be better are the handlebar rubbers. They're a little thin so the image looks a bit shaky - but nothing a software can't fix without over-cropping the image.
Overall:
If you are looking for a cheap and easy solution to fix your camcorder to any bar in your bicycle/motorcycle/buggy/etc., this does the job.
on 10 July 2012
solid bit of plastic, 2 cross-head screws attach it to your handlebars. Small thin bits of rubber to prevent scratches sit between the two halves. I'm using this on a bicycle (Canondale road bike) - it holds my compact digital securely in place (Canon Ixus 115, weighs 140g) but wouldn't trust it to hold my DSLR. Used on a 75 and a 50 mile cycle in the last few days. Works great for stills from the seat. Using the cameras video mode is a bit more hit and miss, not really the fault of the mount, more the lack of stabilisation in the camera combined with uneven roads. On smooth tarmac its fine, but on bumpy surfaces at speed, the rigid mount allows too much (audio noise) vibration to get through. Essentially I bought this for still shots, and for that its just great, though need to keep an eye on the screws rattling loose if you travel on anything other than perfect surfaces.
on 12 June 2012
This product is just the job for attaching to your motorcycle i attached mine on to the hand grip of my scooter with plenty of room for my hand a very strong and well made and adjusts to what ever angle you want also sent one to my friend as a gift
review image review image
on 20 April 2014
i was wanting to video my rides down the devils dyke just outside of Brighton (South Downs) I use the Kodak Playfull ZE1 video recorder on this mount.

The mount was very easy to fit to the handlebars of my Mountain Bike and as the camera is so light it did not cause any stress on the ball joint on the camera mount.

i was able to move the camera into different positions without the camera coming lose, it was great being able to film myself.

The only downfall was when i went to play it back on the computer the sound was terrible because of the vibration on the handle bars and the whislting of the wind, which is not the mounts fault just something for me to work around a find a solution.
it is great for the rides i was doing but it would be even better on the flat roads as filming off road was so bumpy. but i was very impressed with the mount and it can be adjusted to different handle bars and comes with a lot of rubber to maximise grip.
i would recommend this for road journeys but also can be tried for trails as long as you could stand the noise but depends really as to where you ride your bike.
Very happy with mine
on 27 June 2012
Does what it says on the tin... It's cheap, robust and effective. I use it to mount my Kodak `Play Sport' video camera on the handle bars of my mountain bike when out cycling with the missus. I'd have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the rubber, which acts as a resilient mount, being slightly too thin. This affects the video quality somewhat as the vibration is allowed to travel through said thin rubber, but certainly worth the price.
on 2 August 2014
Works really well. The bracket bolts onto a bicycle handlebar very securely. The ball joint allows all degrees of freedom to position the camera as needed, and then tightens securely using the thumb-wheel below the ball joint. I used this at Centerparcs to film my family's cycle rides on the fixed-fork bikes we hired. I used a Nikon p310 which is mainly a stills camera with HD video capability and it didn't react well to bumps in the paths, however I also used it with a Sony HDX camcorder which has image stabilising as its main selling point, and that gave excellent results. It might give even smoother results on a bike with a suspension fork but I haven't tried that yet. Really pleasing results though for the money. I highly recommend this for family fun, but best used with an image stabilising camcorder.
on 20 December 2012
Most likely the lightest of all ball heads and therefore perfect for mounting the camera on a long telescopic pole. If swift and precise positioning of the ball head is what you are looking for, this is not the right product. The ball head requires some patience.
on 25 February 2013
I like the solid screw and grippy mount, but I would have liked a larger radius for the handlebar section because it cannot fit well on any portion of the handlebar on my bike. The price is adequate to the usefulness of this items.
on 2 August 2013
Attached this bad boy to my bike to record my bike rides with my go pro and this thing is un-budge-able!

I don't have to worry about the camera flying off and its way... way ... cheaper than 'go-pro' accessories.