5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful music
I first heard one of Einaudi's tracks on the radio and wrote it down so that I could buy the album. I have since bought several albums including this one, which is basically his greatest hits. The music is mainly piano with some strings and guitar in some of the tracks (which come from his later albums). His music is peaceful and relaxing, haunting and quiet in places...
Published 9 months ago by Ms. Susan Peowrie

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed.
I had heard this album on the radio. It has all the familiar tracks I was after and as far as the music goes, it is all there if you're a fan. However, the sound quality is very poor (no, it's not my CD player-I checked!) It has a muffled quality which is very annoying; so much so, I think I will have to look for another recording of my favourites, as it really spoils the...
Published 8 months ago by Melanie

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Islands, 7 Jan 2013
Listened to this on a flight back from Japan. Flight seemed to pass quicker and felt relaxed on landing - perfect chill out music.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING MUSIC, 5 Jan 2013
I founds this guy on a soundtrack to the film Intouchables, and he makes amazing contemporary classical music - truly, do yourself a favour and get this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing, 30 Dec 2012
G. Jackson (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Disk 1) (MP3 Download)
The tracks do tend to sound the same after a while but all are superb. I first heard Einaudi on Classic FM and found his distinctive style appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 22 Nov 2012
Air003 (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I am listening to this album now in our office - I haven't even bought the album but I already know I must because his music is simply beautiful. The arrangements are neither too emotional or frothy, just completely absorbing. This music takes me to a really calm place.

5.0 out of 5 stars the gift of sound..., 9 April 2012
B. Russell - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Not very often do you listen to a peice of music, especially an instrumental peice, and you just stop; as the peice makes emotions flood through you. But this music is not like all other, its special. This music has meaning and soul - every note explores emotions within the listener. Weither it is sadness, joy, remembrance or reflection this music is perfect. It makes you stop, feel and think... it is truly spectacular.

Trying to name my favourites from this amazing collection is very hard, but if I had to I would say Nuvolo Bianche, Le Onde and The Earth Prelude along with the more dramatic Nightbook peice are my favoutite - every time I listen to them they just seem to mean something to me. This music is truely special, and this CD is simply a collection of brilliance and emotion. A must buy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Islands, 7 Aug 2011
Geoff (Southampton, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Islands - Essential Einaudi (Disk 1) (MP3 Download)
I was pleased with this album some of the tunes are played so well that they become emotional and take you elsewhere, you can imagine being on an island and thats without any drugs!
Not very good to listen to in a car unless you have ear or headphones as with most classical albums, but Einaudi is a master on piano and this album is well worth the purchase price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Call a spade a spade, 28 Sep 2013
While I certainly hear and understand the appeal of this music, it is erroneous to use the word "classical" as a description of it. It's appeal lies precisely in its simple melody that is easy to follow, and its predictable harmony. This is pop music, plain and simple, despite it being more soothing and relaxing than what we generally expect from pop music. If that is what you like, then purchase it you must, because it is delightful.

However, if you are interested in experiencing true contemporary classical music, you should try the likes of
Krzysztof Penderecki (whose 3rd symphony was featured in the movie Shutter Island) Penderecki - Orchestral Works, Vol 1,
Henryk Górecki Henryk Gorecki: Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs",
Arvo Pärt Arvo Pärt: A Portrait,
Philip Glass The Essential Philip Glass,
Sofia Gubaidulina Gubaidulina: Offertorium,
Einojuhani Rautavaara Rautavaara: Cantus Arcticus / Piano Concerto 1 / Symphony 3
and Toru Takemitsu Takemitsu - Orchestral Works
(all of whose music is available right here on Amazon), to name but a few of the most famous composers of our time. Warning - prepare to be challenged if you have never heard 20th or 21st century classical music.

Delve deeper here
and here

4.0 out of 5 stars Islands - Essential Einaudi, 13 Aug 2011
Lovely.
For me, one of best Einaudi's CDs I could buy.
Highly recommended for people who like instrumental music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most relaxing cd ever, 8 Aug 2011
If you want a cd to take your mind of everything...then this is it.
Beautiful to massage to or just sit back and relax to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Easy Listening Album, 21 July 2011
The music is, in places, sublime and it's really easy and enjoyable to listen to. Very classy and great for some background music for a dinner party or when working

If I was to make a criticism, it's not always noticeable when the tracks change (even on shuffle) because the music can be pretty samey

Overall, a very good album and I'd recommend it. Brilliant modern classic, great for someone who's after something a bit more contemporary

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›