on 26 May 2015
Dreadful sound quality, on both the disc and the download. It sounds as though this is a bootleg recording, made on someone's mobile phone at a concert! It is not possible to listen to this without winding the volume up to max. I will be sending back and asking for a refund. I see I'm not the only one to have this issue. A huge disappointment as I love the music.
on 7 August 2011
I was pleased with this album some of the tunes are played so well that they become emotional and take you elsewhere, you can imagine being on an island and thats without any drugs!
Not very good to listen to in a car unless you have ear or headphones as with most classical albums, but Einaudi is a master on piano and this album is well worth the purchase price.
on 16 July 2013
I first heard one of Einaudi's tracks on the radio and wrote it down so that I could buy the album. I have since bought several albums including this one, which is basically his greatest hits. The music is mainly piano with some strings and guitar in some of the tracks (which come from his later albums). His music is peaceful and relaxing, haunting and quiet in places but also passionate and rousing in others, with lots of unusual time signatures and lots of minor keys. I personally love it and he is a firm favourite composer of mine now.
on 21 July 2011
The music is, in places, sublime and it's really easy and enjoyable to listen to. Very classy and great for some background music for a dinner party or when working

If I was to make a criticism, it's not always noticeable when the tracks change (even on shuffle) because the music can be pretty samey

Overall, a very good album and I'd recommend it. Brilliant modern classic, great for someone who's after something a bit more contemporary
on 4 April 2015
The worst sound quality I have ever heard on a cd. Its sounds like an am radio channel. So disappointed with this cd. Please dont buy just download instead. My bose sound system would be perfect for this kind of music but all you can hear is a muffled soundtrack. the tracks are not loud enough even on full volume.
on 28 September 2013
While I certainly hear and understand the appeal of this music, it is erroneous to use the word "classical" as a description of it. It's appeal lies precisely in its simple melody that is easy to follow, and its predictable harmony. This is pop music, plain and simple, despite it being more soothing and relaxing than what we generally expect from pop music. If that is what you like, then purchase it you must, because it is delightful.

However, if you are interested in experiencing true contemporary classical music, you should try the likes of
Krzysztof Penderecki (whose 3rd symphony was featured in the movie Shutter Island) Penderecki - Orchestral Works, Vol 1,
Henryk Górecki Henryk Gorecki: Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs",
Arvo Pärt Arvo Pärt: A Portrait,
Philip Glass The Essential Philip Glass,
Sofia Gubaidulina Gubaidulina: Offertorium,
Einojuhani Rautavaara Rautavaara: Cantus Arcticus / Piano Concerto 1 / Symphony 3
and Toru Takemitsu Takemitsu - Orchestral Works
(all of whose music is available right here on Amazon), to name but a few of the most famous composers of our time. Warning - prepare to be challenged if you have never heard 20th or 21st century classical music.

Delve deeper here
and here
on 22 November 2012
I am listening to this album now in our office - I haven't even bought the album but I already know I must because his music is simply beautiful. The arrangements are neither too emotional or frothy, just completely absorbing. This music takes me to a really calm place.
on 14 January 2014
Don't be put off by those who say "the audio is muffled and not great quality". As a sound recording engineer and a piano player I can tell you that the microphones used at the time of the majority of these recordings were what was available. Simple as that. Piano orientated mics weren't available. And the muffled sound is due to the modifications that had to be made on the mics to pick up the sound of the piano at its best. It's still easily listenable, and while a little annoying to have the muffle, it detracts nothing from what you hear.

As for the Sound of Santander himself, this album is awesome to chill out to, and has gorgeous melodies, ones for sad moments, ones for uplifting moments. Brilliant album, will listen to this for years to come.
on 26 February 2016
This is a wonderful album. Each track is sublime, moving from your like a journey through the entire the album.
I can't praise this enough. You will have heard the tracks by now on television shows, adverts and no doubt countless other places. Ricky Gervais used a few of the tracks in Derek. That's because each track is emotional and moving, this is music to move you, to calm you, to relax you, to transport you away from your surroundings into another time and place. It's not classical music, it's not contemporary music, it's something else. Something special. I've heard other Ludovico albums, but keep coming back to this one. To my mind it is his best work.
on 6 October 2011
I purchased this cd after hearing a track on the radio, it is a beautiful cd to listen too after a stressfull day.