Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 December 2011
How could you possibly have an ULTIMATE collection without WINDSONG and POEMS, PRAYERS and PROMISES. Very disappointing. My own fault for not checking the song list thoroughly.
on 15 September 2011
On first look of this track listing for this new compliation it all looks good however like one of the last reviewer said, tracks like Windsong are missing. Personally after such success of the Windsong album it should have been included here.
Nice to see the track Fly Away included...however no credit for Olivia Newton-John who provides heavenly vocals for the duet/backing vocals.

Lets hope the John Dever Tribute concert that took place in the USA is going to be available on DVD.

Nice greatest hits collection for the casual listener.
on 6 September 2011
not what i would call the "ultimate" collection. i would replace at least 5 of the tracks with others, Windsong & Cowboys Delight to name 2 that should be on it. still a good listen but let down on content.
on 23 December 2014
Why am I writing a review of a purchase that isn't due to arrive till tomorrow? Well, I've already listened to this album several times because it came with free auto-rip, so I could enjoy the contents immediately without waiting for the CD to be delivered before ripping them myself. And I really do love it! I've noticed that some reviewers have expressed disappointment that a few of their favourite tracks are missing here. It's a fair comment, but no compilation could hope to fully satisfy everyone. For example, I personally would have liked it to include For Baby (Bobbie) and Starwood in Aspen, so I simply downloaded those two "missing" tracks from Amazon's digital music store at 99p each, making my total spend just £5.97 - still a great bargain imo, especially since I wanted my music on my MP3 player anyway. The still shrink-wrapped CD will go under the Christmas tree as a bonus pressie for my Mum, a great fan of John Denver!!
on 26 May 2013
This is a collection of the best loved John Denver songs - and the 'classic' versions too! Not some of the remakes he made in later years that didn't reall work for a lot of us 'old Coloradans'.
on 9 October 2011
Just love this collection of songs. John Denvers voice is one of the best Country and Western. Annies Song, and Sunshine are my favourites.
on 21 April 2012
I bought this CD for my husband who is a Country music fan. He was delighted with it and has downloaded it onto his MP3 player so he can listen to it on the go. Most of John Denvers hits are on this CD so is an ideal choice for any fan.
on 17 September 2011
I really loved this album good variety of songs and was great just put this on and drift away really lovely
on 24 May 2013
Bought this as a gift for my husband, he has never had it off in the car. Some nice songs
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 September 2015
I would suggest that this is more of a good introduction to Denver's music than an ultimate collection.

It does showcase Denver's ever optimistic nature-tinged songs. Swaying somewhere between rock/folk and country, Denver brought a certain breeziness to his music with songs like Annie's Song becoming classics. There are many hugely worthwhile tracks left off this compilation and I would urge people to buy the Back Home Again album to get the full feel of the man's songs.