5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album
Great band, great lyrics; one of our favourite CDs. If you want to review the tracks, go onto you tube.
Published 10 months ago by PaulK

2.0 out of 5 stars The Truth Is...
I really like Theory of a Deadman. Or at least I liked their early material. For this, their fourth studio album is nothing short of being very average.
Gone are the raw hitting sounds of their debut record, replaced with softer, catchier songs with some very cheesy lyrics in places.

Lead single "Lowlife" is a prime example, easily the bands worst single...
Published on 12 July 2011 by Mr. N. J. Henderson

2.0 out of 5 stars The Truth Is..., 12 July 2011
Mr. N. J. Henderson (Bude, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)

Lead single "Lowlife" is a prime example, easily the bands worst single and not a patch on previous songs like "So Happy" or "Nothing Could Come Between Us."
"Bitch Came Back" and "The Truth Is...I Lied About Everything" are equally as awful, (although I will admit to raising a smile to the lyrics of the latter) before a couple of nice ballads show up, "Head Above Water" and "Easy To Love You." Again though nothing comes close to matching their best ballad "Since You've Been Gone" from the "Gasoline" album.

I suppose the sound Theory have taken on this record was inevitable after the success of the song "Bad Girlfriend" from their last album. That song could fit in perfectly here and Theory have jumped on the commercial & mainstream bandwagon, it's music made for rock radio and I've got no doubt millions of teenagers will love it - the simple truth is though it's by far and away Theory's worst record.

Worth mentioning though is the hard hitting and excellent song "We Were Men," which deals with the consequences of war. It's a serious track with far better lyrics, definitely an album highlight.

Bonus track wise you get more a nice mix rockers and ballads, along with acoustic versions of the songs "Out Of My Head" and "Easy To Love You," the latter suiting the acoustic version rather nicely.

In summary then, this isn't a really bad record; it's just not a very good one either. Theory's best record (although commercially least successful) is their debut record released in 2002. Interesting then that their albums since have all become steadily worse, but at the same time have become more successful, especially in the US.
Fans of Nickelback or Hinder will find plenty to like here, but for the rest of us this record is best avoided.

2.5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 25 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album from an amazing band. I think this is probably my favourite of all their albums. I love, love, love, this band and everything they do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd Album, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
Great Album with obvious Nickleback influences. I loved it from start to finish and 'Bad Girlfriend' is awesome. Got me hooked

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
This is only the 2nd album of this band I have bought. I loved the previous album I got, I am an avid Nickelback fan and I found them quite similar. However this album was different, not the style of music I had hoped for. I did enjoy it and certainly some of the lyrics really made me laugh but not sure I would buy any more from this band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
Theory of a Deadman have done it again with this incredible album. I would say that their first album is still the best, however this is still great!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
Just like the other albums- this is a good buy and exudes rawness and life- its a little deep at points but certainly gets the adrenaline going.

5.0 out of 5 stars the truth is, 20 April 2012
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
mint !!!! i had heard a few tracks from this band , on kerang or other radio stations so bought this album from amazon. 'well chuffd !! they are brill...

5.0 out of 5 stars How they do it???, 8 Mar 2012
Fordy Finn "Agent Finn" (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
OMG! I bought this CD on a whim, after seeing Lowlife video on Kerrang! I dont generally like a soft Rock approach (like Nickelback, who incidentally TOAD sound just like!) I prefer more heavier stuff. But jeez I can't bring myself to stop listening to this CD! I've had it on my iPod for 4 weeks and on in my car for same. Is it hidden messges in the album saying, 'You cant stop listening to me, dont touch the off switch'?? lol I don't know what it is but I love the album, I've had to buy Scars and Souvenirs now to stop me from playing this ruddy thing! But hats off to you guys, you've put together a great album! Now come tour the UK so I can see you live :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 22 Feb 2012
K. Wharton "kwhart" (Staffs England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth Is... (Audio CD)
I read the mixed reviews and was unsure, but they did a short live set in support of Alter Bridge and played a couple of tracks from it, all good - and I really liked the single 'can't get you out of my head' (track 4) for sentimental as well as musical reasons. I Bought the CD and have played it to death.

I see some talk of superior earlier material that I have no knowledge of, I bought 'scars for souvenirs' and would give that a 'four star' despite some real great tracks, I think this latest offering is more consistently top rate. There is not a bum track on this CD, I love the lyrics, they can be sexist, funny, tragic, apparently heartfelt. A great album and highly enjoyable.

Stop the comparisons with Nickleback, the long road was the last good thing they did, Theory are far, far superior.

The Truth Is... [Explicit]