5.0 out of 5 stars Giant purr-fomance for giant feline
Published 22 months ago by Terracetafarian

2.0 out of 5 stars My cats destroyed the filter!
I liked this at first but the scratchy fliter on top was very exciting to my cats and within an hourit had been ripped off and destroyed! This has left a hole in the top so I will have to buy a new one in a different design.

If your cats are less destructive than mine (mine are just under 1 years old so still very playful) then this is a good product. Robust...
Published 10 months ago by hmv

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant purr-fomance for giant feline, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray / Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 43cm - White Tiger Pattern (Misc.)
Let's get this straight, right off the mark: my Canadian 'house' cats are huge...enormous, even by North Amrerican standards they are each as big, or bigger than a standard Terrier. And, no, I don't mean 'fat'. Since moving to the UK I have tried out many litterbox solutions and almost all have ended in failure - not so with my latest CatIt litterpan! We changed our cats' litterbox just after our recent house-move but I had inadvertantly bought a lidded-tray that was too narrow for my cats to enter and then turn around - a frustration they expressed with scatalogical flair. Every other box I looked at was still too small. This CatIt Jumbo fits well in our bathroom, the hood retains/filtres odours and it's large enough that my floor doesn't look like a rocky beach - they scratch and scoot and the litter stays, for the most part, inside! Woo Hoo! The zebra accents make them feel like Eddie Van Halen...yes, that's what they told me!
If you have large-sized cats, this is the best 'pan' I've tried in England.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Toilet happy cat and owner, 4 Nov 2012
My name is Billy and I am getting on in years and to my owners annoyance after always being a super adventurous, intelligent, goodlooking, modest, and cuddly cat I have started to wee indoors. I am a bit ashamed of this but what is an old boy to do when outside all my bits freeze up:( Anyway they put a tray down for me full of grit and it was great except my aim isnt very good and I ended up spraying all over the place which is quite embarassing I can tell you, although not quite as bad as the day I pooped all over the floor - how was I supposed to know my bum was hanging over the edge:( I gather the other problem is that I am rather over enthusiastic in hiding the evidence and there was more grit on the floor than in the tray and I was in the dog house again:(
Anyway a week later this big box thing turns up and I thought NOOOO they've come to take me away, but on closer inspection it was a huge and very posh toilet with a door and walls and everything! What can I say it's brilliant, I feel like one of those posh persians. I am quite a big chap and there is lots of room for me to turn around - I like to face the door - a pooh with a view some might say! I can kick the grit around as much as I like and it stays in my toilet and it also keeps any smells in although I like to think anything to do with me smells of roses;) The owner is very happy also and she tells me that I look very handsome in my super loo and that it is very easy to clean because the door and funky zebra bit fold back for easy scooping.
So it was close for a while, but this catit toilet means I will not be going to the Kitty palace in the sky just yet and me and the owner are friends again:) All I need for a perfect life is for them to be less stingy with the central heating and get shot of the dumb dog.

4.0 out of 5 stars good litter try, 25 Sep 2012
this is a very useful litter tray for more than one cat, it has easy removable lid that then clips back on to base.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I'd love a litter tray..., 17 July 2013
As the title says, I never thought I'd love a litter tray up until I bought this beauty! As far as looks go it's pretty bland, and the zebra print detail doesn't really do much for me, but what this tray has done for my life is nothing short of amazing. Let me explain:

I have three cats who have always used the great outdoors to go loo, up until a few months ago, when, one by one, they started destroying the house. It wasn't their fault as they were each diagnosed with different illnesses that unfortunately meant that when they had to go, but for someone not used to scooping litter at all, having three cats frequently using a small tray at unpredictable hours of the day did not a happy owner make.

Cue this big boy! Granted, it takes a HECK of a lot of litter to fill it up, but BOY does it last! I use this tray in conjunction with large litter liners and clumping cat litter (average brand, from my local supermarket), and it suits all three cats for approx. a week or two. The litter depth means that whilst my cats are happily burying their refuse, they don't reach the bottom of the tray, so it doesn't stick to the sides (whilst the liners and the clumping litter do even more to prevent this). The large size means that even my largest boy (a 6kg monster) can happily tuck his whole body in and manoeuvre whilst he does his business - he even has room to spare! One of my cats is an energetic digger - she literally flings the litter outside of the box when she digs, but with this box that isn't a problem.

I don't mean to say that I leave the litter for a week, but with a single scooping in the morning it'll last until nightfall, and vice versa, and with regular top-ups, it lasts the week. Again, with three cats using it.

I took the door off, as I don't think that the cats could quite figure out what to do with it, and overall it made the space seem quite claustrophobic for them - I think that was a design idea more for us humans than for the cats.

Overall, I hope that I have described a simple yet brilliant litterbox, one well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars LARGE litter box, 2 April 2013
Fast delivery. Splendid construction. Easy to attend to, if you know what I mean! My cat loves it. Only thing is it is rather spacious for one cat but I can agree that it is well put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Sep 2013
the best litter tray we have had so far, even the boys can't manage to pee outside it, and the pee does not go through the joint, wither as the back joint is too high up.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent litter tray, 2 April 2013
Christina Brown "rozytoes" (scotland) - See all my reviews
this is very roomy, easy to clean and the cat likes the privacy. It arrived very quickly and has been a great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars This Litter Tray is immense !!!, 12 Oct 2012
This delivery arrived in record time, within 12 hours of ordering !!!!!
The Litter Tray came in a huge box and is far larger than you are expecting.

One of the reviews mention the problem of fitting the lid with a liner on.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Remove the lid and place your old open litter tray (with liner and litter) into the base of the this immense litter tray. Replace the lid, secure the latches and hey presto.

No matter how large your cat is, it will easily fit inside this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous, 13 Mar 2013
I wasn't sure if the cats would use it, but thought it was worth trying. I didn't need to worry, our oldest cat took to it straight away. No more mess on the floor around the litter tray. The filter helps to dull any nasty smells, which is great, if like us, you do not have room in a utility room (or similar) for the litter tray.

The one downside is the tape that Amazon used to tape the lid and base together ... Amazon, PLEASE change your yellow "Do not Split" tape. The tape was very difficult to remove, there are still patches stuck that will not come off and it pulled part of the design of the top of the Hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG Litter Tray, 29 Aug 2012
Very pleased with this. I bought this for my cat and her four kittens. The kittens find the sides of the tray and the flap door a little difficult to negotiate, but the door flops up on to the lid if you don't want to use it, so no problems there. The sides of the tray are a little high, but kittens seem to be managing it fine (they are four weeks old).

Whenever my cat used her previous litter tray, she would leave it (and the surrounding area) in a state of complete and utter devastation - we've been through several small litter trays, as she just breaks them, not to mention spraying litter all over the room! This new tray looks like it's going to be able to withstand the onslaught, and her ladyship enjoys doing her business in private behind the closed door.

It is very big though - I would recommend taking a close look at the measurements and seeing if you've got room for it before buying - I didn't and got a fright when I saw how big it was!

ARRAY(0xa7e7f48c)