‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DALI ZENSOR 1 standmount/bookshelf speakers (Black). ., 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
I can't praise enough this little beauties.I matched these speakers with Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amplifier and Yamaha CDS300BL Compact Disc Player and i cannot believe how such small speakers can have such a big sound,half way through the volume is already more than enough.The sound is really clear and crisp.For the price i think this is a very good deal.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 28 Nov 2011
Stu Mitch (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
I was lucky enough to upgrade my Amp and CD player last year but kept my original speakers (Eltax Symphony) as they had provided years of faithful service. I decided (based upon the high praise from what hi-fi magazine) to replace them this year with DALI's (after looking at Q 2020's and Mission MX1's) but admit to being a bit cynical about the performance increase I would get due to the fact my Amp only puts out 45W rms (Cambridge Audio Azur 340A). I am pleased to say the magazines are absolutely right. These speakers have been a revelation and I would never have believed that a bookshelf could provide the sort of depth and clarity that these do. The bass is beatifully deep without being muddy and the clarity of the mid range and treble is exceptional given the bass performance. They are incredibly relaxing to listen to and it's become apparent to me that I was strangling my Amplifier with my previous speakers. It's not to say they were bad they were just not in the same league as these. No exaggeration to say I would have happily have paid £300 for them. They are also beautifully constructed. If your in the market for a set of bookshelfs at this price level I can't imagine how you could do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 21 Jun 2013
Weston D (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
I will start off by looking at a few different aspects of the speaker. This will be aesthetics, build quality, sound quality and value for money. I will also like to apologize for the lengthy review but these speakers are worth a lot more than just a few lines.

To kick this off I will say that these speakers look even better than they do online, the images don't do the speakers any justice at all. They have a really tasteful gloss black front which looks really classy and grown up. The tweeter is surrounded by a metallic support that looks expensive and really nice. The mid/bass is Dalis wood fibre and paper composite material. This is what I was a bit unsure about at first but I have to say now they look really upmarket and tasteful. The cabinet is covered in a black wood which unlike some other coverings on other speakers doesn't feel cheap or look plastic. You can actually see the grain in the finish. To sum up the aesthetics, they look elegant and expensive and they just ooze class and sophistication.

The build quality for these speakers is like the look (really high quality). I have a little test for determining if the speaker is well made inside and has good quality materials. I know it may sound odd but if you knock on the speakers they make a sound, if the knock sounds hollow then you can tell that there maybe insufficient insulation material or the wood is not good quality. After trying this on the Dalis they really solid and well built. Turning the speakers round to the back and you have the terminals which are enclosed in a plastic surround which to be honest doesn't look amazing but then again you don't look at the back the speakers everyday. You then get to the wall mounting which looks a little cheap and not very well thought out. For speakers costing £199 you would that this would have warranted a bit more attention. Finally the speaker grilles look and feel well made, they are not all bendy and flexible and they feel sturdy and solid.
Overall the build is very good apart from the few minor issues round the back.

Finally the reason why we buy speakers, the sound. Well I have not fully run them in yet but from what I am hearing so far is well really impressive. These are rear ported speakers which I thought would hamper how they performed in the bass department but after finding the correct placement for them they do not disappoint. I have found that these speakers want to be on stands roughly 15cm from the rear wall. This seems to be the sweet spot for producing a really well balanced and controlled bass response. The bass is quite deep (but not as much as some rivals) but unlike its rivals the bass is very controlled and not boomy or harsh. The vocals and highs are were the speakers really shine, I have heard a lot of speakers in my time and these have to be one of the best at vocal reproduction that Ive heard. The only ones better Ive heard are the focal chorus 705 which cost £200 more than these. The sound they produce is really grown up and mature, but that doesn't mean they wont go loud when you want them to and go loud whilst maintaining there composure.
I have these set up with a Denon RCD-M39DAB Micro Component CD Receiver System - Black, Pixel T80 Speaker Stand, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm (14AWG) - 6M Speaker Cable and the Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs, 24K Gold Connectors and they sound amazing even on this low level set up. Remember all this review is, is my opinion and if you want to spend £200 on some speakers I would seriously recommend hearing them for yourselves because they may not be to your taste.

Finally value for money, yes they are a considered purchase and do cost a lot of money but in my opinion they are totally worth it. If you want a really classy looking and amazing sounding speaker then these are very hard to beat for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small speakers..awesome sound, 2 Dec 2011
Adrian Webber "Hortense98" (West Sussex , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
Bought these speakers together with the new Denon M38 CD DAB player - but because the Denon player came first I plugged it into my old B&W speakers with a very noticeable improvement. Then a day later plugged the newly delivered Dali Zensor 1 speakers in to the Denon M38 and the sound improvement was simply awesome. Effortless depth, combined with sparkling, dynamic detail. I was glad no-one else was in as I cranked up the volume to really test the speakers. If you closed your eyes you would not believe these are so-called 'bookshelf' size.

They can be wall-mounted or put, yes, on a bookshelf; but if you do they have thoughtfully supplied some little rubber feet to presumably eliminate any possible vibration - although I haven't detected any so far without yet putting the feet on.

The Denon M38 and these Dali 1's make for a superb value package in my opinion coming in at less than £400 even with some new speaker leads bought separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Speakers, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
I have been using a pair of old but very accomplished Mission 773Es' with a Nad 316bee amplifier and a Nad 5440 CD player for about a year now which I have in my lounge. I decided to install a second system in my bedroom comprising of my old Mission Cyrus 1 amplifier another NAD 5440 CD player which I purchased second hand and the Dali Zensor1 speakers. I played Dire Straits "Love Over Gold" and was immediately impressed by the clarity, well controlled midrange and stunning vocals, bass is tight and non booming and surprisingly punchy for a speaker of this size. I then wondered if my cyrus amplifier was outclassing the Nad amp so I hooked up the Dalis' to the Nad and the sound was still as impressive but with more detail and better vocals than the 773es'. These speakers are amazing and I now have these in my lounge instead of the 773es, so if you are in the market for a pair of speakers for under £200 look no further you will be pleasantly surprized

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound and Value, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
Still constantly amazed by how good these bookshelf speakers sound even after 1 year of ownership. I have them on a set of mini oak cone feet on top of bookcases. They sound more engaging, detailed and clearer with the grilles off. It's well worth experimenting with positioning to get the best tone and stereo separation. Bass is surprisingly good and never sounds muddy. I've had a lot of expensive hifi in the past and these speakers are a real eye (and ear!) opener.

Denon RCDM38, Dali Zensor 1, Chord Silver Anniversary cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound from a small speaker, 15 Nov 2012
Bill "Bill" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
If you want a budget pair of speakers with a sound far exceeding the money you pay, then these are worthy of your consideration. I have had many speakers over the years of different price ranges and these speakers are remarkable in their clarity and depth of sound. I have not had such enjoyment from a pair of speakers since my Rogers LS7 speakers from the 80s. The fact that they are so compact just adds to the value for money. They lack major bass due to their size, but have enough to satisfy most. treble and mid range are quite superb for the money and deals with all types of music with ease. The more you use them, the better they sound - all speakers require an amount of usage to even out the sound and these will not disappoint in that regard, either. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dali Zensor 1, 11 Nov 2011
Michael Cowling ""mikeC"" (Cardiff U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
The speakers have now been run in,approx.30 hours and they just keep getting better. The balance across the bass/mid/treble and the resulting sound quality, make the price payed, £180.00, seem one of the best deals that I have ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speakers ever, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
I have been buying and upgrading speakers regularly since the 1960s. These out-perform all purchases. Tonal balance, sensitivity and depth of field is excellent. Of particular strength is the response when listening to quality tonally neutral amplifiers. I hooked them up to a friends £1000+ amp and the performance was outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about bang for your buck...., 5 Nov 2013
Mr. Peter Cavaney "MAINSHEDMAN" (LANCS, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dali Zensor 1 Speakers Per Pair Black (Electronics)
Read LOTS of reviews and had a listen to a few bookshelf size speakers for use in my home office and ended up picking these. I have them hooked up to an old but amazing Denon amplifier.

Visitors don't believe all this quality noise is coming from such diminutive speakers - I can't recommend them enough and I'm amazed how much speaker technology has moved on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›