Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Small & Compact, does the job!
on 23 June 2015
For while have been running my home network via 3 of the larger Solwise 200AV Push Homeplug Adaptors, they are great and I still use them. However, I needed to add an additional Homeplug to my network, but the placement of the power socket meant that the Push adaptor was too long, so I needed a smaller alternative.
I wanted to keep with the Solwise brand, not only because the quality is very good, but knowing that it would be instantly compatible with my existing adaptors was essential. I visited the Solwise website and found the Mini Version, it was exactly what I needed.
When I received the adaptor, I immediately installed it. Fortunately it fitted the space perfectly, and it was very straight forward to setup. If you are looking to add to an existing setup this is how you do it.
1) Go around the house and power off every Homeplug that is on your network.
2) Plug in your new Homeplug, and connect the one end of the Ethernet cable into the adaptor, and connect the other end to the appropriate hardware i.e. Router, PC, Games Console etc.
3) Turn on the Homeplug. On the underside adaptor there is a small white button (next to the Ethernet Socket), press and hold the button down for about 3 seconds, the middle LED begin to start flashing.
4) Go around the house switching on each Homeplug, you must also hold down the pairing button for 3 seconds. The location of the button will vary on the brand of the device.
5) After a short time the LED will stop flashing and will turn solid green, this means that your network is connected and working correctly. If the LED isn't green but orange, you will need to turn them all off and try again. You also need to check the colour of the LED on your other Homeplugs, they should also be solid green.
IMPORTANT: If you are looking to install a Homeplug network for the first time, you will need to buy at least two of these.
This is a great little device, it's good quality, simple to install and will happily work alongside existing adaptors, I highly recommend it.