4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
Published on 30 April 2010 by Ms. E. L. Church

2.0 out of 5 stars kept loosing connection
I thought this product was just what we were looking for but unfortunately it wasn't. It kept loosing connection between the parent and baby monitors even tho we live in a relatively small house.
Published 10 months ago by Mr Jean-Paul Bellingan

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality, 30 April 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality nice price., 4 Oct 2010
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, 22 Feb 2011
Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, couldnt ask for more.

I must highlight that it IS stable/steady, i have no idea how some people could think its not? Prehaps they live on a boat?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 26 Jan 2011
Mr. H. N. Lone "hlone" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
My wife and I love this monitor. Good looking and very reliable. Also has good range and very clear reception

Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars kept loosing connection, 12 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to perfect, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
It just works. I particularly like that the receiver has a whole day battery life on one charge - I can carry it round as I go from room to room and keep an ear on our daughter at all times.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but very basic, 13 July 2011
C. Kitchin "cakeroyd" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this monitor as it was cheap and we shouldn't need one for much longer now, but it's a bit too basic really. You can't change the sensitivity and you can't put the sound on mute whilst leaving the lights on. We're used to being able to do both these things and they're actually very useful. I would spend a little extra and get a Phillips Avent which lasted us for years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spend more money, buy better, 22 Dec 2011
Vh Parmar "nevvamind" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
This is a good value product. But as I said, its a "value" product. The base unit is wired (needs a power connector - supplied), the remote unit is wireless (battery powered). The battery longevity for the remote (parent) unit is average. The volume on parent unit is good enough, you have to be attentive, but good enough.
Areas of improvement :
- Base unit (baby unit) could be wireless, so your baby could sleep "away" from a power socket
- Battery life could be better (Li-polymer anyone ?)
- Volume on the remote unit (parent unit) could be louder

2.0 out of 5 stars Baby unit needs electricity, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I bought these because another review said you could use the child unit away from electricity, you can't. The baby unit needs to be plugged in. My search continues

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor battery, 22 April 2014
The parent unit battery life is very poor and doesnt last long, it finally gave up the ghost last week after 18months use so I cant even charge or use it plugged in

Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor