4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
Published on 30 April 2010 by Ms. E. L. Church

1.0 out of 5 stars very basic, not great
Published 23 months ago by lemonpies

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality, 30 April 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality nice price., 4 Oct. 2010
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to perfect, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
It just works. I particularly like that the receiver has a whole day battery life on one charge - I can carry it round as I go from room to room and keep an ear on our daughter at all times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola 10 Digital Baby Monitor, 20 Nov. 2011
The monitors arrived with the usual efficiency from Amazon and we were pleased with the quality and appearance. These were purchased to be aware of any immediate needs of our aged mother who lives in an extension of the family home. On two occassions now it has proved its worth as we were called when my mother fell in her flat. The units are positioned about 35' apart and work exceptionally well. Can definitely recommend as they do the job they were designed for very effectively. jbp.

1.0 out of 5 stars very basic, not great, 28 July 2013
We were lent this monitor to try out by our friends. We have white noise in our baby's room and this seems to cut in and out (interferance?), sometimes the monitor suddenly picks it up which is enough to startle me out of sleep. The narrow bases mean they are always falling over if touched. When the parent monitor is out of range or requires charging it beeps (constantly and loudly) which is also irritating given that it appears impossible to actually turn the parent monitor off! If you turn the parent monitor on mute it will also audibly beep every time there is a loud noise...not really the point when you can see the light sensors and are maybe sleep training your baby and trying to get some rest yourself while quietly checking the monitor every so often to see if they have settled...this will just keep you startled. It does what a basic monitor should do but I wouldn't buy it for myself even at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good unit for the money, 25 July 2011
Mr. M. G. Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this after our second child was born for the toddler. Being digital it dosent suffer from interferance and has a slight delay to the noise that it detects to make sure they are crying rather than just making a noise in their sleep. The only down side is the lowest volume is still quite abrupt and the battery life is not great on the receiver.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking baby monitors but they don't seem to work ..., 3 July 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Great looking baby monitors but they don't seem to work in our house.
We have had three sets and get the same fault each time.
After dark, when we turn the monitors on we can hear chanting in latin and indecipherable screams. Sometimes we can hear nursery rhymes being sung (They are always sung really slowly) and our baby is only 10 months old so it's not him.
It also seems to pick up the sound of sobbing and breathing later on at night.
We have no neighbours so I don't understand how we can be picking up interference.
I've given up now. I hope you have more luck than we did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 26 Jan. 2011
Mr. H. N. Lone "hlone" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
My wife and I love this monitor. Good looking and very reliable. Also has good range and very clear reception

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars just what u want from a baby monitor, 11 Jan. 2014
Ohhh yes!!!
Just what u want from a monitor!! I don't really understand what the negative comments r for, but this monitor it does just what i need: to alert me when my baby needs me!! It's amazing sound, clear as u where in the same room, it picks up just when it has too, if u put the volume up it becomes more sensible. The switch off...just sometimes u have to switch it off twice, but i don't mind.
Battery(on the parental unit): yes, it's not good at all, but i just removed it and have it from the main plug and when i need it mobile i will put in my own battery and that's all. I don't expect a Duracell rechargeable battery for this price.
It's so good, i will buy one for my sister, too!!!!
And to be honest, i am so happy with this, that i would even pay more money for it. I think that says a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, 22 Feb. 2011
Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, couldnt ask for more.

I must highlight that it IS stable/steady, i have no idea how some people could think its not? Prehaps they live on a boat?

Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor