4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
Published on 30 April 2010 by Ms. E. L. Church

2.0 out of 5 stars kept loosing connection
I thought this product was just what we were looking for but unfortunately it wasn't. It kept loosing connection between the parent and baby monitors even tho we live in a relatively small house.
Published 16 months ago by Mr Jean-Paul Bellingan

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality, 30 April 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality nice price., 4 Oct. 2010
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, 22 Feb. 2011
Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, couldnt ask for more.

I must highlight that it IS stable/steady, i have no idea how some people could think its not? Prehaps they live on a boat?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 26 Jan. 2011
Mr. H. N. Lone "hlone" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
My wife and I love this monitor. Good looking and very reliable. Also has good range and very clear reception

Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars kept loosing connection, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to perfect, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
It just works. I particularly like that the receiver has a whole day battery life on one charge - I can carry it round as I go from room to room and keep an ear on our daughter at all times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola 10 Digital Baby Monitor, 20 Nov. 2011
The monitors arrived with the usual efficiency from Amazon and we were pleased with the quality and appearance. These were purchased to be aware of any immediate needs of our aged mother who lives in an extension of the family home. On two occassions now it has proved its worth as we were called when my mother fell in her flat. The units are positioned about 35' apart and work exceptionally well. Can definitely recommend as they do the job they were designed for very effectively. jbp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 5 Aug. 2011
I bought this monitor as my old one (a Tommee Tippee one with movement sensor pad) had finally (after over 4 years of use between two children) given up the ghost. I didn't want a really fancy one as my youngest is now 19 months, but I did want something that could alert me if she cried. The price was one of the cheapest, but it looked good.

I have found it to be perfect for my needs. The fact that it doesn't have an 'always on' function could be a problem for parents of newborns and babies (I always liked checking my children's breathing) but it is great for just sitting there silently and then switching on at any noise that goes on for more than about a second. It has rechargeable batteries included which charge while the parent unit is plugged in, and once charged initially for 15 hours you can unplug it to move around the house, so I can take it into the dining room if I go in there, and I take it upstairs and put it by the bed at night because although she's only next door it tends to wake me up better with the monitor than hearing her in another room.

All in all, brilliant value and can't fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good unit for the money, 25 July 2011
Mr. M. G. Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this after our second child was born for the toddler. Being digital it dosent suffer from interferance and has a slight delay to the noise that it detects to make sure they are crying rather than just making a noise in their sleep. The only down side is the lowest volume is still quite abrupt and the battery life is not great on the receiver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful! Don't buy!, 30 Sept. 2011
As has been mentioned it only cuts in when it hears a sound, so you can't hear when your baby is moving around or if she's gone to sleep, and particularly it would be nice to hear how your baby's breathing when she's sick. Also big shock if you're half asleep and it suddenly cuts in to your baby screaming, it doesn't seem at all sensitive to whimpering prior to a scream. I'm not a paranoid mother, but one night with this monitor and a baby whose feeling poorly and i'm never going to use it again.

Motorola MBP11 Digital Audio Baby Monitor