4.0 out of 5 stars Good for price
We bought this because our 3 year old has been having trouble breathing in the evening and we would hear him from down stairs but were worried that when my parents were babysitting they might not. We have an expensive monitor in our 14 month old's room and did not want to have to spend a lot of money on another monitor.

It arrived quickly and was very easy to...
Published on 19 Dec. 2011 by Revilo

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for older children
Monitors are okay. They do not continuously have reception or coverage bc I have a sound machine in the babies room and every few minutes I hear it then it cuts out for a few minutes. Typically previous monitors I have used offer consistent coverage. Fine for older children. Wouldn't recommend for babies.
Published 7 months ago by Dave G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for price, 19 Dec. 2011
Revilo (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)

It arrived quickly and was very easy to set up.....plug in and go. On reading the instructions it gave a long list of things that might interfere with reception which I don't think is clear when I had researched in on line......wall, electronic devices, TV etc all the sorts of things you would have in a house!!! So at first I was disappointed as I thought that it was not going to work for us. However the volume control on it goes up really loud so it was possible to just put it in the downstairs hallway and still hear him in the kitchen or living room. Also a big bonus for me is that if you move the parent monitor from one socket to another it will automatically stay on and establish the link itself....ie Mum doesn't have to push any buttons.

I read a review where they had heard the baby crying before the monitor kicked in......we have had this once too but doesn't bother us. For what we want it for......increasing the chances of hearing a child that we wouldn't routinely monitor it is fine and a good price. I have it on every night myself now as it gives me the peace of mind that I will hear him over the noise of the washing machine/dishwasher etc. I can see it being useful in the future when the children are playing upstairs.

We don't need the nightlight but it is a nice glow and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
It was bought in order to listen out for my mother who has MND and it has been brilliant! Really well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, 8 Jan. 2012
adrian (Timisoara, Romania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Execelent quality of the sound. good design. if i had to buy again is on the top of my list

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I paid £13 for the pair and these have been excellent. Nothing fancy, butyou dont need fancy all singing and dancing. Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Privacy good, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
These are good looking, and very good at their job, I use them as a security device from my garage to the bedroom-no one can break in without me hearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby monitor has other uses, 10 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I bought this unit to relay the sound of my front door-bell to remote parts of the house. It works reasonably well, provided that the ring lasts more than half a second or so - the time the unit takes to switch on in response to the sound. Another feature not obvious in the instructions is that each baby unit communicates only with its own parent unit - you can't install multiple parent units in different rooms unless each one has its own baby unit to respond to. Otherwise, it does what it says on the box. The only drawback is that Amazon are now trying to interest me in breast pumps, maternity bras etc, I am 79 and male by nature as well as by name.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for older children, 17 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars motorola monitor, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
This is a really good product, and I would highly recommend it. The sound is very clear. For the price it does eveything that you would want it too for much less than other monitors.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Cheap and cheerful. Does what it says on the tin. Not as clear as other monitors, but its handy, easy to use and a robust product. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect device for not listening to babies, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We don't have any babies now, but we do use this fantastic listening device in our garage for hearing any naughty people trying to break-in a steal one of our precious motorcycles, tools or even the food from our freezer. It is so clear you can hear the mice run around (if we had any) but when I'm out there whistling as I fettle my "babies" my partner, upon me returning indoors, will often tell me off if I may have uttered an expletive due to a wayward spanner or hammer!

Can’t express how crystal clear it is and fully volume adjustable too. Both units plug directly into a 3 pin socket, slave where you want to listen in to and master where you need to hear (you can move it around depending on where you are). It comes with an illuminated slave unit (switchable) so if it were for a real baby (messy noisy things) they could have a nightlight.

I could think of many other uses (catching someone raiding a cookie jar or dodgy goings on, etc. use your imagination!) for this fab piece of kit and it's so very reasonably priced too.

Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor