on 12 February 2013
Was doubtful as to whether these would be of any use, but after a couple of months can say that the pain in my heel has really improved. The odd time I forget to put it on I know about it!
on 28 April 2013
Much more comfortable to sleep in than the boot like products available on the market
needs constant tightening to provide support can honestly say it has made a difference
on 25 July 2013
It really improves the condition and is quite comfortable to use at night, especially because it is not bulky like other types of night splint. I would recommend it.
on 27 November 2013
Some comments about night splints for people with plantar fasciitis:

What's the purpose of a night splint? One of the hallmark symptoms of plantar fasciitis is that you have excruciating pain when you take your first steps in the morning. Why does this happen? Because the plantar fascia TIGHTENS over night as you sleep. So, when you get out of bed and put your bodyweight on your foot, well, this suddenly stretches it and..... ouch!

What does a night splint do and how does it work? Night splints keep the plantar fascia STRETCHED OUT all night. So, because the plantar fasciia STAYS stretched, you can get up in the morning and start walking without pain. Even more importantly, because you haven't stepped on a tight plantar fascia in the morning, which irritates it and damages it even more, you've eliminated further stress- which gives it a chance to heal.

Do they work? Yes. As summarized in the book The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution, there are numerous clinical trials that have shown that night splints are indeed quite effective at getting rid of plantar fasciitis.

If you're up for trying this treatment for your plantar fasciitis, be aware that you have to wear a night splint ALL night long for it to really work, so, pick one that looks like something you could actually sleep in - it's simply a matter of finding the most comfortable one for you. Some of the things I do like about this particular model is:

-doesn't cover your heel up which makes it more comfortable
-fits either the right OR the left foot
-probably one of the more "sleepable" night splints out there
0Comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2014
My poor Dad was in total agony and after just one night of wearing this support he was able to walk with weight on his foot again. So Glad I bought it, its lightweight easy to use and works! Tried and tested by my 82 year old dad. Thank you!!! My other bit of sound advice don't ever walk in bare feet not even one step as it with damage it again.
on 15 November 2012
Selected due to it looking lighter and less cumbersome to wear in bed, Took a night to get use to but very soon not noticed and walking without pain within a few days, stopped wearing after a week or so, just watch how tight you pull the straps up, to tight and I was waking up with pins and needles, comfortable otherwise.
on 19 July 2012
Having been cursed with flat feet, I was aware I would be prone to plantar fasciitis in later age. I had put up with the burning heel at night but recently noticed that I had develop a bone spur on my ankle and getting up in the morning was agony. I'm only 44 and yet was hobbling around like a pensioner for the first hour of the day until the Achilles tendon had stretched. I was told this could cause more damage and that I should keep my foot flexed overnight to keep the tendon stretched. I bought this product because it looked less bulky than other products. It took a couple of nights to get it fitted in the right position for me and to get used to having something on my foot. Now that I have that sussed, I can happily say that the heel pain is minimal (I can now lie on my back without hanging my leg off the edge of the mattress) and I spring out of bed in the mornings with little or no discomfort at all.
The only negative side to this product is that if it is very hot at night, your feet do swell and I found that I was woken up a couple of times because I couldn't feel my toes. But just loosening the foot strap a little sorted that out.
I wore this product every night for about a week to stretch my Achilles tendon, now I probably wear it once every 2 or 3 days.
on 6 November 2014
This is a terrific product! My husband is a mechanic and stands on a concrete floor in working boots all day and was in terrible pain under his right foot mainly. I didn't think he would wear this as it looks very clumsy and restricting but I couldn't have been more wrong. It's very soft and comfortable (he says!) and he doesn't even notice he's got it on during the night. But the most important thing is that it's made a huge difference to the pain in his foot (along with wearing Plantar Fasciitis insoles during the day in his boots) and I couldn't recommend this product highly enough! 5* and more!
on 17 July 2013
A bit fiddly to get into the right position on the ball of the foot - but worth it, as achieved relief after one night of wearing the support. Makes getting up in the morning much easier in terms of reduced heel pain, but looks like it will take a prolonged period of use to get lasting relief. Definitely worth trying.
on 9 August 2014
I have been wearing this for the last two weeks. Ive noticed a slight improvement in my foot pain in the mornings. Its a gradual process and will take time for my PF to disappear completely. This product is good for that and i would recommend it.