5.0 out of 5 stars their best album yet?, 15 Oct. 2011
Maisy Yardley (Southampton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Grace Of Your Love (Audio CD)
The BBC review of the album is a very strange choice if Amazon want to actually sell it, since it is written by someone who clearly just did not get this album! If you go to 'metacritic' you will see an unusually wide range of opinions - including lots of good reviewers who think very highly of it, as I do. Obviously the Rapture's sound is not as new today as when they started, but Jenner's singing style remains unique and utterly compelling - and with maturity the songs have (if possible) gained in depth and emotional authenticity. While dealing with serious topics such as loss and death (though also renewal and love) the music is beautiful and uplifting and so ultimately positive. While the strong spiritual dimension of the album is expressed in Christian terms, this is not 'god-rock' - anyone who has swum in the sea, watched a great sunrise or danced in the rain at a festival can relate to the feelings of 'grace' and togetherness that Jenner celebrates. The sound is more stripped down the last album and this really suits the band's style of simplicity and directness. There are too many good tracks to list, and although not fast-paced many of them make me want to get up and dance, and in summary I think this is possibly their best album yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 14 April 2013
This review is from: In The Grace Of Your Love (Audio CD)
I listen to this a lot and it never gets old. The Cure meets The Strokes perhaps? A bit heady in parts, but I like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grace, 5 Nov. 2012
Kenny Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Grace Of Your Love (Audio CD)
Great album from an amazing band. 1st time I listened to it I only like 2-3 tracks now every track make me sing and smile ear to ear!

4.0 out of 5 stars Improves with each listen, 28 Oct. 2011
This review is from: In The Grace Of Your Love (Audio CD)
As a big fan of The Rapture and after reading poor reviews of their latest helping I thought I'd give it a chance. I agreed with the poor reviews at first, nothing grabbed me at all. I'm one of few fans who preferred 'Pieces of the People We Love' to 'Echoes' so thought I'd enjoy another helping of their more upbeat, poppy style, but I didn't. Maybe I shouldn't have read those reviews. I listen 2 more times then found myself singing along. It's great. If you're longing for the darker, earier sounds of their early stuff you're out of luck, this is for fans of their later work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave it so long next time, 27 Sept. 2011
This review is from: In The Grace Of Your Love (Audio CD)
Is 5 years too long between albums? If the musics good then does it matter? Luckily for Rapture fans then it doesn't seem to because first impressions are good, I've only had a handful of listens in full but there are some very strong 'classics' in the making, not too dissimilar to the old stuff but some how different enough, even newcomers to 'that rapture sound' should find enough to get them hooked/excited. Think the DFA (James Murphy) touch has revived the sound, let's hope the futures kind to the band, still going strong after some bad press & falling out behind the scenes! 'Sail Away', 'Come Back To Me', 'In The Grace of... & the amazing 'How Deep Is Your Love' are real stand out tracks & I'm sure the others will get better & better with more listens... Just need to book tickets to go see them live now :)

In The Grace Of Your Love
In The Grace Of Your Love by The Rapture (Audio CD - 2011)