5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
Published on 17 Aug. 2011 by Sv2

1.0 out of 5 stars spend less and change often, that would be my advice.
if you have used traditional inflatable mattresses then you know after few uses they starts
leaking air and make you waking up in the middle of the night with terrible hip aches.
Then you inflate them again(waking up half the camping in the process) and then
you go back trying to sleep a little bit before the mattress wakes you up again and so on...
I...
Published 9 months ago by Egocide

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 17 Aug. 2011
Sv2 (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
Normally we camp on very uncomfortable metal framed camp beds, but I'd hurt my back not long before my most recent trip, and couldn't face that. The AeroBed PakMat Eco Air Bed with Pump got good reviews, so I gave it a go. No regrets. It went up quickly and easily. I had too much air in the first night (it didn't look like too much air!) so it tried to roll me off, but once I took out a few handfuls of air it was just right. These were coldish summer nights (maybe about 10c), but the AeroBed insulated me from ground cold. I'm a bit on the big side, so I thought its being thin might be a problem, but it wasn't. It held me off the ground and cushioned me nicely. It never lost air until I told it to at the end. I like that it's got a hard case to be stored in so it's unlikely to pick up holes while waiting in the cupboard or garage. Now the rest of the family want their own. They're not getting mine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job very well, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
Purchased to create an easy extra bed. Inflated very quick. A bit hard to sleep on but was much better when some air was lost. Very easy to take down and brilliant for storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restfull night's sleep!, 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
I was very dubious about buying an inflatable mattress that a) wasn't a double (to stretch out) and b) wasn't at least 5" deep. I've had a nightmare in the past with a 5cm self inflating mattress that was just useless; cold, hard and made every joint in my body ache to go home! However I couldn't have been more wrong. Superb construction/fabric/guarantee, awesome carrying case which doubles up as pump; mattress was fully inflated in minutes and I was good to go! Deep enough to provide ample support without touching the floor and was able to release some air to make it even more 'memory foam' like. Had the best night's kip in a tent `ever' (cosy 2 berth)! In my larger tent (5 berth) I am going to use it with my camp bed (which is pretty firm on its own but allows me to use the space underneath for storage).

5.0 out of 5 stars aerobed, 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
The bed stays inflated and firm and the way it packs away into the pump is an excellent idea as it keeps the fabric protected. The level of inflation is easily adjusted while you lie on the bed and the bed can be put on top of a camp bed if preferred. Very good quality and design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome aerobed, 8 Sept. 2011
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
This is a great little product. Convenient size and design to be carried. When it's time to set it up just slide it out of the tube and unroll it. The container/pump locks onto the aerobed so you can do some serious pumping. The beds up in under a minute and it's got a great valve that stops the air coming back out while you put the cap on. The bed is very comfortable and durable. When it comes to packing up the aerobed goes back in the tube with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and comfy !!, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
I had seen some good reviews for this but wasnt sure it was worth £50 .When the price went down to £30 i decided to give it a try.I bought this for camping and usually use a self inflating camp mat which is ok after a few pints but does make my shoulder ache a bit.This is heaven in comparison i am fairly big at 6 foot 3 and 100kg and i fit on with no problem i even had to let a bit of air out after getting carried away with the pump.The product video makes it look slightly easier than it is but it is still a doddle and fits back in the pump easily .Miles better than a sleeping mat and you dont need beer to get to sleep.Superb service from Amazon once again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sleep!, 11 Aug. 2012
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
Bought at the last minute and was delivered the next day. Unfussy packaging and neat and I was very excited about using for the first night. I am not good about blowing up balloons let alone an airbed! Trying to get the pump to attached to the airbed was awkward, but once mastered was ok, and the pumping up was easy. 60 secs? Yes about that! The self sealing mechanism in the airbed is definitely a bonus. No air noises when turning over in the night either none of that whoosh!! However I have a nylon sleeping bag and had to put a blanket between cos was slipping about a bit. It lost a bit of air pressure , but not enough to be umcomfortable. It was very cold at night and that perhaps was the reason! Deflating is brilliant and being able to roll it all up and store it in the pump cylinder is inspirational! Downside a little heavy and would not be any use for backpackers. Am pleased generally with the whole thing and would recommend it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
Being of a certain age and suffering the aches and pains of backache I wanted a blow-up mattress to use in my converted camper van which has excellent seat cushions but they are a bit hard for sleeping on. The Aerobed is not only the most comfortable answer to my problem but is one of the neatest. With the 'packing away' facility it fits away inside one of the storage areas of the van very easily. The quality of the bed is impressive and hopefully will last for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, very comfy, 15 Aug. 2012
R. I. Gilliver (Macclesfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
We'd had Thermarests for 16 years, and they have done us proud.
But we didn't sleep very well on our first camping trip this year, and investigated new airbeds on our return.
These PakMats seemed to get the best reviews, and now that we've used them for a week, we can see why.
They pump up readily; they are comfy to sleep on; you can easily adjust how much air you want in them; and they roll up easily and tidily for storage.
Are they expensive? Well, compared to a couple of nights in a B&B or a cheap hotel, then they're not expensive at all.
One observation though: we've got a decently big tent. If two of you each used one in a 2-man tent, then there wouldn't be much space left for clothing, rucksacks and provisions. They're designed for comfy camping and we're pleased with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 21 May 2012
This review is from: AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress (Sports)
Bought two of these for a quick camping weekend with no EHU and didn't fancy the effort of normal blow up mattress. They did exactly what's stated, easy to pump in under a minute but also easy to deflate and store away unlike other blow ups that never quite seem to fold away as small as the first time they were opened.The Aerobed was comfortable when a little air was let out. Fully recommended

AeroBed PakMat Air Mattress