on 22 March 2012
I have been using this roller for a few weeks now. It is quite firm and seems effective at massaging my back and legs. First time I used it I felt very loose indeed. I would get some proper instruction on how to use it rather than just watching YouTube which can give you an idea of what to do but you will not see any of the nuances of what needs to be done. I find rolling my back, glutes and ITB is quite a nice feeling but that is me and it will probably be different for you. The roller is still going strong even with my 16 stone weight on it. I purchased the 90cm rather than the 45cm version as I wanted to do both legs together and save a bit of time as I do it in a quiet spot at work. All in all I would recommend the product. It turned up on time and I have not had any problems with it.
on 8 November 2012
This is a great product for treating various aches and pains. I have suffered from knee issues and the foam roller is a great way to massage the ITB. It is also useful for shoulder, neck, etc pains and provides immediate relief.
on 3 September 2015
This cylinder of firm rubbery foam is an amazing thing.

For those of you who have attempted to do the various exercises described in pilates books and the like using blocks and other things upon which one is supposed to lie and support ones back, this roller does those things and far more. Additionally if you have or you have considered buying various hand-held massage tools which you hope a partner will rub along your spine, you will not need them or need to consider buying them, the roller far surpasses any massaging of the spine those items can deliver

Lying on the roller face up, back in contact with the roller, one can achieve the most complete massaging of the spine one can imagine. As one's body weight is pressing down, one can get the required pressure, but unlike using blocks as recommended in pilates exercises, one can roll back and forth and this opens and closes the vertebrae in a wonderful massaging and relieving fashion that a chiropractor would have difficulty administering. The relief of strained back muscles is immediate and ecstasy.

Only roll down along the upper back from shoulders to part of the lower back where there are ribs. Don't use it under the small of the back as one shouldn't be forcing the small of the back, the area where the spine curves into the body, further in, use it on parts of the back where the spine curves out. You can use it under the pelvis as well and as my physiotherapist indicated, you can also place it underneath you but aligned with the spine, so your spine is supported along its length and then extend your arms to the side.

This is a wonderful, wonderful piece of equipment and recommended to me by my hospital physio, I only wish I had known of its existence before.
on 13 January 2014
I use it at my gym and it is very good for massaging my lower back.
This roller is softer then the plastic ones so bear that in mind.
on 5 June 2013
Firm, sturdy roller. Inflicts sufficient 'pain' (anyone who uses these things will understand) on the user and maintains it shape
on 4 July 2013
I decided to buy this quintessential kit for physiotherapy after researching 'night splint' on the web. I had surgery on my foot over a year ago and have suffered from tightened calf muscles and ligaments in this area since then. I sleep with a night splint to keep my calf muscle in tension and foam roller exercise was recommended to assist in loosening up the calf.

Since I began using the roller I have noticed a marked improvement in my calf tone, the foam roller is quite firm to touch and does keep its form to a degree with most of my body weight resting on it. Obviously one would expect that it will give little since it's constructed from foam. It's quite a versatile tool and there's a multitude of exercises that can be performed with it; if you are not sure what you can do with it a quick web search will sort that out.

I decided to go with the 15cm x 90cm unit as I was made to understand that you can do more with a longer roller than a short one.

This is one essential kit anyone into sports and recreation should have to hand.
on 3 February 2013
Bought this on the advice of my personal trainer. Really good for rolling out those small creases and improving your supplty. Have been using this for a few weeks and am really benefiting from its use.
on 9 January 2013
A good solid foam roller that does not bend/change shape at all and that is used regularly in pilates classes.
on 14 March 2012
I am a 24yr old slim and short 5'4 man with general muscle problems all over my body especially spine and neck. I was worried that this would be too hard a roller for my body, but it isn't! I use this roller to rest my spine and remove neck pain after laying on there for a few mins. I also use this to roll my quads.
on 15 April 2012
15cm roller and very firm so great for getting at tight ITB. Much better then the smaller diameter roller I had previously and looks like it will be very durable. Recommended.