Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 August 2011
I bought this because my daughters 6 and 8 have a mild addiction to Heart radio and I thought this album would enable them to listen to their favourite tunes from the station at home and in the car! On the first play I realise that the Bruno Mars Lazy Song is not the one you hear in normal daytime hours on the radio. There is nothing that on the box stating that lyrics maybe explicit! I am not a prude but children do have a tendancy to sing along without actually knowing what they are singing too, and now I have to edit the CD myself!
on 26 June 2014
I admit that I purchased Now That’s What I Call Music 79 From Amazon UK on August 3, 2011. There are 22 songs on disc one and 22 songs on disc two. Born This Way by Lady Gaga, On The Floor by Jennifer Lopez, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall by Coldplay, California King Bed by Rihanna,Give Me Everything by Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer, Beautiful People by Chris Brown feat. Benny Benassi, Bounce by Calvin Harris feat. Kelis, Super Bass by Nicki Minaj, Sweat (David Guetta Mix) by Snoop Dogg & David Guetta, Save The World by Swedish House Mafia, What A Feeling by Alex Gaudino feat. Kelly Rowland, Dirty Talk by Wynter Gordon, and Sun Is Up by Inna are among the multiple various songs available on Now 79 (UK Edition).
on 3 March 2012
Another great collection of songs that have been at the top of the charts recently. As usual CD 1 was better than CD 2, but to such an extent this time, that there is practically no point in listening to the second cd. CD 1 has all the big artists at the moment, like Adele, Bruno Mars, The Wanted, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Rihanna etc. As for CD 2, I'd only heard of a few of the songs before buying it.
Also a lot of tracks were suprisingly not included:
Lady Gaga - Judas, Edge Of Glory
JLS - She makes me wanna
etc.
However, it is worth buying to add to your collection and does include some great songs on Disc 1 and can be easily added to your collection.
on 30 August 2011
The 42 tracks on this compilation album is a bit like pop music at the minute it's hit and miss. The songs range from the brilliant thanks to Lady Gaga, Aloe Blacc, Katy Perry, Chris Brown , The Black Eyed Peas e.t.c to the down right terrible i.e. Cee Lo Green, Jessie J, Coldplay, Take That e.t.c. I would still however recommend this as sometimes you have to take the good with the downright terrible.
on 22 September 2011
Bought this CD for my daughter's birthday present, she requested it... to be perfectly honest the only songs worth listening to are all on the CD 1, nothing of note to listen to on CD 2. I think it is a bit of a waste of money because she will not play anymore of the tracks than she already listens to.
Sadly, not one of her better birthday presents. :(
on 19 September 2013
I have collected the Now series since No 5 and find the great prices offered by Zoverstocks allows me to keep the collection updated albeit a little while since the original release date.The used versions I have bought have never given any faults regarding quality and the supplier delivers his product as described on the website.
on 29 July 2011
Yes, they have done it again. 40 odd tracks of which over 30 have done well in charts. As with the three previous albums, an excellant selection.

It could of been even better. Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Nicole Scherzinger, Jenifer Lopez ft Wayne, JLS ft Dev and Mann ft Snoop Dogg & Lyaz, all had tracks excluded which one normally would of expected to be included. With these tracks the album might well of been the best NOW album in recent years. Even chart topper 'on the floor' in fact is not the chart version (Jenifer Lopez without Pitbull).

Even so, a pretty fine group of tracks, that is a must for your colletion. Still would be a terrific present for anybody interested in the current music scene.
on 29 July 2011
This is a real sizzling scorcher of a CD cram packed full of todays hits, and dosen't fail to disapoint however, there's no:-

JLS feat. Dev - She Makes Me Wanna
Lady GaGa - Judas
Lady GaGa - The Edge of Glory
Britney Spears - Till the World Ends
Alexis Jordan - Good Girl
Beyonce - Run the World (Girls)
The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Stop the Party
Nicole Scherzinger - Right There
Jennifer Lopez feat. Lil' Wayne - I'm into You
The Feeling - Set My World on Fire - Now i know this song failed miserably as did Cee Lo Green's 'I Want You' but that was still featured in this CD.

Despite all those missing tracks it does not stop me from giving this a 5 star rating, although another thing i can say is that Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' is months old and should have been on Now 78 really, they should have put 'Judas' or 'The Edge of Glory' instead. Apart from that, this is a near flawless CD, Disc 1 is better of the two (usually always is) and contains a bigger variety of music whereas Disc 2 mainly consists of Dance, Hip-Hop, R&B, Drum and Bass, Dubstep etc.

I rate this CD very highly and i would definetly recommened, Now 78 was good but this one is just even better, especially the fact that all 10 number one singles were included and they didn't miss any out, big step up from Now 78 which only contained 6! This also has 44 tracks altogether, two more than Now 78 which has 42.

Best song: Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor
Worst song: Dev feat. The Cataracs - Bass Down Low

All that's rest to say now is, if you're a big fan of today's music and you want all of the latest chart hits, buy this CD!!!
on 8 August 2011
Wow, I have wanted this cd for a while now and when my mum eventually agreed to buy it i was going to buy it from amazon but desperatly wanted it that evening so popped to TESCO (£[]) This CD is amazing I got home and put it straight on to my ipod so i can listen to it anywhere while my mum listens to te actual CD in the car or downstairs. I do agree that the first CD is better but thats just because its more pop. Do beware that the second disc has a lot of remix's and edit's as an apose to the normal track so if you do not like funky remix's then the second disc might get a bit on your nerves but for me this was not a problem at all. Listening to the CD now in my docking station. Very clear and words pronounced well. Inside the case for the CD there is the booklet. Sometimes this will contain lyrics but because this CD has such a veriety of songs it can not fit in. So instead there is a sentance or two describing the selling of each track. Like the first track SOMEONE LIKE YOU-ADELE it says...
'Someone Like You' Is the UK's biggest selling single of the year so far, notching up over one million unit sales here alone...the soulful ballad, which was the follow-up to no.2 hit 'Rolling In The Deep', sped to the top of the charts after a beautiful performance at the Brit Awards in Febuary 2011.
And each track says something like that, both discs. I absolutly love this album and it is hands down the best one so far. KEEP THEM COMING NOW!!! :D <3
on 21 December 2011
Thats the problem when I try and be trendy via my music selection, I end up keep having to hit the forward button. Katy Perry is good, Jason Deruolo, (sp), a few others but I really wish I had just stuck to something from the 80's hahhaha!
Don't buy this to impress your kids, it will end up just being noise.