5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by Loubelia

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the style but bought the wrong width fitting
I had a pair of Madrid style Birkenstocks which fit really well but didn't realise they were narrow fit; when I bought these, I went for the regular fit and found them far too wide. The style is great, though, comfortable and not too much flip-flopping about as you walk. I later bought the same style in the narrow fit and wear them often. Couldn't get the same colour,...
Published 10 months ago by FabApocalypse

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks, 27 Jun. 2012
I had to change the first pair as I had inadvertantly ordered the narrow pair, this was no problem. It would have been 100% service if the company would let you know once the item had been sent out as aposed to having to check to see if my return had arrived and the new pair sent out. They communicated immediately I contacted them and I would have no problem at all buying again from this company infact am planning to purchase a second pair.

For your information Birkenstocks have a "footprint" on the sole of the shoe. if the footprint is solid this means the shoe is narrow fit, if it is just the outline this means it is wide fit. There must be a way of telling in the code but I don't know how.

The Birkenstocks are super comfortable. I love the raised arch area which is great if you suffer from flat feet and have problems with your plano facia (think that is how you spell it) is sore. They hold your foot well and for me stop alot of pain. I like the toe post style as it prevents your foot from having to overgrip when you walk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Mar. 2014
C. Rees "charlie" (UK) - See all my reviews
I have had birkenstocks before and this one doesn't disappoint. Lovely turquoise colour and arrived quickly. Good value for money as well. However the reason it has dropped a star is because of the ridiculous sizing. I have size 8 feet - this is an european 42. There is a trend over the last few years to re-size an 8 as a 41 so look out for this as you may need to go up a size. Be careful though because these birkenstocks are small - I had to order a size 43 (10?) and unless my tootsies have grown - unlikely as I am over 50 -.this is a bit of a pain as the choice decreases This only seems to apply to the womens range - my son wears them and his normal size fits fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as Ever!, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Birkenstock Gizeh, Women's Sandals (Apparel)
Birkenstocks are always relaible and these are no exception. The arrived quickly and I'm really pleased with the colour. They have a slight shimmer without being too shiny and will go well with lots of outfits. I find this style particularly comfortable, they stay on my feet well and my last pair have lasted for 3 years and I'm sure would keep going - I just fancied a new colour!

True to size, the regular fitting is slightly roomy for me and I think my feet are about average width so if you do have narrow feet, I'd advise going for the narrower fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Birkenstock Gizeh, Women's Sandals (Apparel)
BEAUTIFUL SANDLES SO COMFORTABLE. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE.MY FRIEND HAS A PAIR AND HAS NOW PURCHASED A SECOND PAIR. GREAT PURCHASE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Women's Gizeh Sandals, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Birkenstock Gizeh, Women's Sandals (Apparel)
Already have one pair and they are so comfortable I bought another! Can't fault the design, they are tough and will last for years. May feel a bit 'odd' for a few minutes to first time users. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the colours, 18 Mar. 2014
Love the shiny navy blue and the red strip colouring and these are comfy - as expected from Birkenstock . I am ideally a size 51/2 - sometimes a 5 is okay but I usually have to have a 6. As I had read the reviews I ordered a 5 and they fit perfectly, thanks reviewers. Something else to note, I have wide feet and have to wear the strap on the last available hole, because of this the strap up the foot is way off centre - it looks a bit odd but heigh-ho I am too old to care - younger fashionistas with wide feet may not be so happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fit!, 23 Feb. 2014
Moulded sandal which looked better 'in the flesh' than on screen - Attractive pearlescent green colour rather than the duller khaki which I anticipated.
Really comfortable fit. I have a holiday coming up with lots of walking so ideal for this purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkies, 26 Sept. 2012
I've had a few pairs of these now and once broken in are the most comfortable shoes I own. Be aware they come in two width fittings 'narrow and regular' I have a wider fitting foot and the regular fit me. I would recommend them :0))

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!, 24 May 2013
I tried these on in store before I ordered them just to make sure I ordered the right size. I usually am a UK 5 but I had to order a UK 4. I think Birkenstock's tend to run slightly big. Very happy with my purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars All fine, 29 Sept. 2012
These shoes seem v hard wearing & look good. Quite bright so they defintly catch peoples attention, comfy when walking far.