5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine Music
In case you didn't know is a fun upbeat album that won't fail to bring a smile to your face. It is the perfect follow up to his debut. It has a nice soul/pop feel. It defintely makes you think of summer romaances which is why I love it!
Published on 7 Mar. 2012 by Jessica A

2.0 out of 5 stars One for the kids
A fun album I must say for the kiddies..I myself was a little disappointed as alot of the songs sound like his first album, not much progression and not very much substance to them, alright i suppose until the next pop poppit hits our screens this year on x factor but a bonifide musician he is not. Sounds like an 80's Showaddywaddy album.
Published on 12 Feb. 2012 by H. MILLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine Music, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars The most (refreshingly) British pop album you'll hear this year..., 29 Nov. 2011
Alex A.C.M (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
In a world where the British pop scene is littered with acts that either sound too mainstream European or too desperately like they want to be American and/or sellout to whatever is in musically at the moment, thank God for Olly Murs. Last year's self-titled debut album from the X Factor's Essex boy done good obviously struck a chord with the public when it surpassed the debut sales of his series' winner, Joe McElderry, and went on to reach #2 in the album chart, achieve double platinum sales and more recently, pick up a Radio 1 Teen Award for 'Album of the Year'.

A lot can happen in a year though, no less because of Olly now splitting his time between being a popstar and also a (wittily good) co-host of ITV2's sister show 'The Xtra Factor' with Caroline Flack at the weekends. And somehow, in amongst all the tours and other things he's done in 2011, he's found time to bring us his long awaited second album, the cheekily titled 'In Case You Didn't Know', and it's an album which, I am pleased to say, doesn't sound rushed as most second albums do bar the rare few that don't, and stands him in very good stead to be the first male solo act from a reality show to become as credible and go on for as long as Will Young has.

Whilst the first album took heed from the reggae/ska-pop feel of Madness and Lily Allen - such as on 'Please Don't Let Me Go' and 'Thinking Of Me' - Olly's said that the album takes him back more to the soulful sounds he was renowned for during his time on 'The X Factor' when we first saw him perform the Stevie Wonder classic 'Superstition'. Thus the results of this album are not only utterly winning, but don't take away from the happy, cheeky, uplifting feel to his songs and his lyrics (all of the songs here bar his 2nd number 1 from August, 'Heart Skips A Beat' were co-written by him) that make this universally enjoyable.

'Oh My Goodness' and current single 'Dance With Me Tonight' shuffle into the territories of Smokey and the Miracles-esque Motown and quirky 50's jive rock respectively, whilst 'I've Tried Everything' and 'I'm OK' are skiffly ventures into indie-pop that remind you of first album-era Jack Peñate, all whilst Olly sings with an undercut of melancholia about walking up Primrose Hill and chasing a sweetheart up the stairs of a double decker bus. Indeed, it's the contrast of the perky vs the glum that makes this album such a pleasure to listen to. But Olly shows another trick to his pack, on the album's two ballads 'This Song Is About You' and the closing number 'I Need You Now', as they really stretch and show off the white boy soul qualities in his voice, which has grown in depth since the last album.

Olly should be very proud of 'In Case You Didn't Know' - for once, along with Nicola Roberts' "Cinderella's Eyes", a British pop act has made an album this year that sounds so uniquely British and absolutely nailed it in the process. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be looking down the barrel of a quadruple platinum album by the time next summer rolls around.

5.0 out of 5 stars ***, 5 Aug. 2012
Brilliant album... quite catchy Bought this before going to see Olly Live at
Edinburgh Castle.. absolutely fantastic Not a bad song on the album....

4.0 out of 5 stars HUGE step forward..., 28 Nov. 2011
Carson Smith (San Francisco, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
... comparing to his first self-titled CD. Everybody heard "Heart Skips a Beat". Such a cool song, which I fell in love with immediately when I heard it on the radio for the first time. But it's not what this album is actualy about. Meanwhile the 2nd single "Dance with Me Tonight" tells you so much more about the mood of the album. "In Case..." has 60's stylised sound in which Olly feels very organic and comfortable, there is no (or almost no) autotune here. Cd's full of great fun tracks (like two first singles) and beautiful pathetic ballads (I Need You Now). Some songs, like the title track, "I Don't Love You Too" or "This Song Is About You" have great potential for becoming huge hits. Personally for me it will be a crime if "I'm OK" isn't released as a single. This song is literally screaming: "JUST PUT ME ON, LISTEN ONCE AND YOU'LL REALISE - I AM NUMBER ONE SONG, PEOPLE!!!".
overall, "In Case You Didn't Know" is a great pop album, which proves that Mr. Murs is here to stay. Didn't like his debut CD at all. Couldn't even listen to it from the beginning to the end. LOVE this one very-very much!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Olly Murs!, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
See-through pop heartthrobs have never really been my thing, but there's a little something different about the sensational X Factor runner up: Olly Murs. Still singing about heartbreak/other cliches and using words just `cause they rhyme, Olly Murs captured my heart with `This Song Is About You'. While there's nothing particularly different about it (compared to other pop songs out there) the hooks he writes (12/13 tracks being co-written by himself) are like nothing else. Happy-go-lucky Olly Murs lifts your spirits and gets everyone singing along, even if you don't really like him as a guy. Every single song includes some lyric about `needing you' and the obligatory `baby' every few lines but so what, he's charming! Funnily enough, even the rap sections don't bother me, Rizzle Kicks (on `Heart Skips A Beat') add a little something extra rather than the chorus over and over. The whole album flows, the songs are completely meant for eachother. What I like about Olly Murs is that he's not just a one-trick pony, he's had hit after hit after hit, each song he releases is an instant seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 7 April 2013
Jeanette Reeve (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
We all like a little bit of Olly Murs. This is a good cd with some upbeat tracks. After a while they all sort of blend into one though. Mind you, having said that, I have played the cd to death. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving it!, 10 Sept. 2012
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
I actually am a US fan who bought this CD and love love love it! I know that the American version of this is coming out later this year and I've already pre-ordered that, but I figured why not order Olly's previous two CDs and check 'em out before that one arrives.

Best decision over! All of the music just puts me in a good mood. It's sooo different than most of the Midwestern Country I hear here where I am located, and it's quite refreshing. Can't wait for the US version to come out so I can compare the two a bit. (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly happy, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
Whenever I listen to this album I can't help but smile!! The songs are very upbeat and I can always imagine him having a little boogie while singing! I think it is the perfect album for a bit of easy listening and general happiness, which to be honest, who can have too much happiness?! I like Olly's unique style, I think it is good to sound different without sounding like you are trying too hard, I hope Olly is proud, as this is a fab addition to anybody's music collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars It won't disappoint :), 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
Got my signed (yes, signed by him! :D) copy on Saturday and have been playing non stop ever since. Im positive some of the songs on it have to make number one!! Great upbeat songs that you'd expect from olly but in no way 'boring'! Love you OLLY! Thanks for another wonderful album :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cd ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
I have bought alot of Cds from world class acts like Rihanna,Jessie J,Bruno Mars,Katy Perry bt this cd was definitely one of my favourites it contains Olly Mur's classic jazz upbeat songs that aren't like most artists this day which kind of sound the same and consists of a hell of alot of rap which will eventually give you a headache! Let's just say if you love his new song Dance with me tonight you'll love this definitely the best CD ever!!!!!!!!

In Case You Didn't Know
In Case You Didn't Know by Olly Murs (Audio CD - 2011)