on 28 January 2013
I got this to extend the rather short lead Skoda/VW provide with their MDI interface and it works fine. I saw a few other options, but reviews that said they didn't work with various VAG group cars. This one does! I can now control my iPad from my radio, see all the track details and it charges at the same time.

I chose the cheaper of the two delivery options, but it was still dispatched the next morning (ordered in the evening) and was delivered by normal post the next day. Excellent service.
on 10 November 2012
Just received my cable, great value for money. Full 30 core cable, works perfectly with my in car MDI - 30 pin connection (iPod, iPhone, iPad). I drive a VW with the RCD 510 radio. I use it to connect my iPhone to the car radio. VW supplied cable was too short, hence why I purchased this.
on 17 August 2012
This cable is a full 30 pins, so audio & video sync will work - in start contrast to other cables at this price range. I've even plugged two of them together to give a 2M extension cable, works fine. Top marks! They're literally giving them away at this price.
on 26 June 2013
Ordered 2 different brands of extension lead to try as I wanted to extend the short iPod/iPhone connector from the armrest to a brodit dock attached next to the sat nav screen on my Porsche Boxster 2009 model.
Both cables performed the same for me and are of similar build quality, so I am giving the same review for both.
I add the car detail only because I'm sure other people are looking for the same thing as me- really that connector in the armrest is irritatingly short!!
This lead charges, plays and changes tracks through the extension the same as it does through the normal lead exactly as I wanted. As I wasn't looking for anything too long, this suits me, but if you want it to reach an iPhone attached to a dock attached to the windscreen, you may need something longer- suggest you measure it out if required.

Build quality seems fine and cable width is chunky and although only tested for a short time for function so far, I am very happy it achieves what I needed, hence 5* for me
on 1 June 2013
So small, so simple and so effective... Well packaged, promptly delivered and worked! Only downside is it won't charge the iPad - even when connected to a powerful Sony mini hi-fi system.
on 9 December 2014
The cable doesn't work the way I need it to work but it may not be the cable's fault. I tried extending the cable fitted to Pioneer radio in my car. The phone was charging with no issues however the video and music controls were not getting through. The audio worked. If I turned on the music on my iPhone, the music was playing through the radio no issues. But there's not much point of using it if I can't control the songs.

Also, which would be a slight deal breaker, the pictures appear to be showing a locking clips on each side of the male connector housing. The clips aren't actually there which means that the connector is susceptible to coming lose and falling out if during driving the cable is not suitably immobilised.

I'm keeping the cable. I might find some use for it. It's just a shame that I'm probably going to go through few of them before I find one that works.
on 10 May 2014
wanted an extension cable for my VW Golf mk5 as i use an ipod touch and wanted to see the screen rather keep pulling it from the armrest dock.

10/10
on 4 February 2013
Charges but unfortunately getting interference when playing audio which is probably due to the flimsy connector.........just wish Apple would sort one out!!
on 25 April 2014
Well it does link as an extension lead should BUT it is not made by / for Apple, the connection into the iPad is not very good, a part of the plug must be a micro to big , some times it charges and sometimes it does not. Not the best buy I,v done but you can't get one at an Apple store can you.
on 14 April 2014
I bought this to extend the rather short MDI cable on my Skoda Yeti, and being a full 30 pin cable, it works with full functionality. Very happy with it.