5.0 out of 5 stars Speed demon and eagle eyed
Installed Panda on my Acer laptop instead of the pre-installed McAfee it came with and the speed difference was very noticible.

It also detected some suspicious files that the previous antivirus missed.

The interface is easy to use without being anything to write home about.
Published on 27 July 2011 by SNGC

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
I've used quite a few anti-viruses now, with my most recent being Kaspersky which I was very happy with, but Panda Internet Security has not been a good experience.

Published on 25 Oct 2012 by AMR

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed demon and eagle eyed, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Panda Internet Security 2012, 3 licenses, 12 months subscription (PC) (CD-ROM)

It also detected some suspicious files that the previous antivirus missed.

The interface is easy to use without being anything to write home about.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 25 Oct 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After I installed it my general internet browsing seemed to slow quite a lot and my browser started freezing up when I had multiple tabs open. I decided to check my broadband speed through a broadband speed test website I found that it had more than halved, going from 35mb/s to less than 15mb/s. I then tried disabling each element of Panda's protection and testing my speed again to see if something was causing a problem but it didn't improve. Only when I uninstalled Panda did my broadband speed go back to normal and the problems with my browser disappeared.

The next day I decided to reinstall Panda to see if there was something more I could try. I tested my broadband speed before installing it - 35mb/s, and then again after installing it, and again it had roughly halved it. However I then tried a different website to test my broadband speed and found that it actually showed a better than normal speed at around 38mb/s. I had no clue why this was happening until I read a review here on amazon about Panda causing Shockwave to crash and sure enough the original speed testing website I used uses Shockwave while the latter one uses Flash. I wasn't even aware there was any real difference in these two bits of software but I found out that Shockwave is slightly more advanced and has more features.

So the fact that Panda has some sort of problem with Shockwave means it has a problem with internet browsing in general because Shockwave is embedded in over half of all internet sites apparently.

Apart from this major defect Panda IS 2012 does seem to be a fairly decent anti-virus, primarily as it has very low CPU and memory usage. On idle it uses less than half a megabyte of memory and no CPU power at all seemingly. While scanning it used 25% CPU usage (of my i5 2500k) and about 60mb of memory and finished 115gb of SSD space in about 20 minutes.

Overall though the problem it seems to have with Shockwave makes Panda IS 2012 an inferior and defective product as it has made internet browsing a lot slower and more troublesome. I'll be keeping it on my computer only until I get a renewal of Kaspersky IS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panda - It does exactly what it says on the box!, 15 Feb 2012
This is now my 3rd purchase from Panda and I wouldnt change for anything. So easily installed & has always given my PCs 100% protection - even on the less than desirabe sites that teenage boys tend to visit!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 20 Dec 2012
Made my computer and internet connection very slow. Would not recognised my wireless printer. Probably not the best on the market. Will stick with McAfee

4.0 out of 5 stars fine upgrade from free av products, 15 Nov 2012
Cambridge Ian (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll admit I use a free anti-virus package on my pc's but realised I wanted something extra on my kids laptops.

This installed fine and was easy to set up - parental controls work as advertised and I presume the anti-virus stuff is doing its job.

installed on 3 machines - as per the license - so the cost per machine for a year is negligible.

Good value and the Av package gets good reviews.

Very happy with this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some conflicts and not very competitiive, 14 Nov 2012
Prof TBun (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried this security suite on two machines.

With an older machine running Windows XP, there appeared to be some software conflicts, which disappeared when the product was uninstalled. I cannot however rule out the possibility that the previously installed security product had not been thoroughly removed, which is always a risk when changing suppliers.

I also tried Panda out on a clean Windows 7 PC. Panada ran alright this time, but it didn't in any way impress me. It offered no outstanding features, and I didn't really take to the appearance of the interface.

I did not like at all the claims made by the manufacturers, which misleading imply that you will get complete protection against certain threats. No software can ever offer that kind of protection. Also when using wireless technology, it is important for people to understand that there will always be an additional level of risk.

Overall it is Okay for use on a new machine, but there are better freeware alternatives for most people, and it is also worth paying a little more for those who require more confidence or better product support.

2.0 out of 5 stars Panda Didn't Like Us, 26 Oct 2012
D Webster "djelly" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In all fairness I am not the best person to review internet security software. I don't have a great deal of technical knowledge about these things except fairly basic functions. I did however make use of the status scan reports putting malaware and phishing items in quarantine and removing them. That felt effective. There is, apparently, a virtual keyboard and it uses cloud antivirus. I never discovered this keyboard and could only assume from doing regular sweeps that firewall and malware protection were functioning - at least for a while. I don't know what spam protection is as I still recieved spam over the email. My main problem was that it was constantly badgering us to register and registering was impossible as the UK wasn't in the drop down menu. I emailed them and explained the problem and they enabled me to register @ 2 months from installing it. However, from then on it was the hard sell with constant requests to upgrade. Panda also slowed down our system and a few weeks after that our system crashed and had to be taken to the computer repair shop. They told us that Panda was wreaking havoc on our system with trojans and had to be disintalled. We've since had an upgrade from Virgin that makes our system a bit faster.

All in all, I did not find Panda to be a good product. Based on our experience I cannot recommend it (though I am on shaky ground as to why it failed us).

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer trustworthy, 7 Mar 2012
Mark L (Cheddar, UK) - See all my reviews
I have used Panda antivirus products on and off for over five years. I never had a problem before but over recent months my computer began getting viruses/trojans for the first time. I didn't know why this was happening but today I read that Panda may have put a rootkit in their security products, allowing backdoor access for government agencies. This is always a bad idea - even though the access is meant for the good guys, it leaves your computer extremely vulnerable to black hatters who want to root and pwn your box using any gateway they can. Plus their own website has just been hacked - if they can't keep their own systems safe, how can we trust them to look after our computers?
I have now installed new antivirus software and don't think I can trust Panda Security products again after this.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good, 2 May 2014
It arrived when due and in good condition as promised in write up. I assume it is working, but won't know unless it doesn't!

3.0 out of 5 stars security, 8 Jan 2014
It's ok had to keep re installing as even though it said it had installed it had'nt completely but once it had been done it was ok did the job

Panda Internet Security 2012, 3 licenses, 12 months subscription (PC)