4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this
I really liked this, can't believe I have had it unread for ages and havn't picked it up until now. I love a good romance but there is something about the way Jeaniene Frost writes that draws you in and takes hold.

I would have liked it to be a little longer because I love the characters and the storyline.
Published on 4 Nov. 2011 by Lindsey

This is a very short tale, which was published a while back in a pricey antho FOUR DUKES AND A DEVIL, and in which it seemed a bit mis-matched. I'm a major fan, so to get a Jeaniene Frost novella connected to the Night Huntress series for this price made me snap it up for my Kindle.

Published on 20 Sept. 2011 by Roroblu's Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Previously published, but a decent tale with the added bonuses of Cat&Bones, Mencheres and a HEA, 20 Sept. 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)

Short and sweet, it's the tale of good guy Blake who is trying to kill himself, as that is the only way in which the demon who has possessed him can be killed off, but his decency and selflessness (via his suicide attempt) bring him to the attention of lone vampire Elise.

Elise has lived for so long that she's forgotten how to live and what happiness might be, as she's been intent on protecting herself from the pain of losing all that she loves. She has simply allowed herself to exist because of her connection to Mencheres - the last person 'alive' that she cares about - rather than ending her long, lonely life, but with Blake, her faith and desire to 'live' are restored...

Because of Blake's impending death, this tale is rushed, but the characters are sympathetic and I felt for them both. It would have been nice to see them living their HEA, but the tale didn't allow for this.

Add in an incredibly short 'in-and-out' cameo by Cat and Bones (still very welcomed, but not really relevant to the tale) and a bit of a longer one by Mencheres (relevant), and this was a good read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh, 27 Sept. 2011
Amazon Customer (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
Not even worth the .99. I expected much better from Frost and wish I could return this. Save your money and read her full length novels instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this, 4 Nov. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
Love the characters and hope to see more of them in the future. The night huntress series is just one of the best book series i have read in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I am so hooked on Jeaniene frost books as they are brilliant, I think she has a gift of writting that surpasses Charlaine Harris, I hope they never stop.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I love this author but this is just a quick read, good but not fab!! Far too quick for me!! Her others books I would give 5 star but this la ked some of the depth of her longer novels ( probably because it was a short read).

5.0 out of 5 stars Devil to pay, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this short story. I could see Jeaniene Frost pulling all her characters together to make a great story, which of course I hope she does. I would recommend all Jeaniene Frost books.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good short story, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
A nice well rounded tale. Likable characters and a plot that moves along nicely. If you are a Jeaniene Frost fan you will like this tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars novella, 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Devil to Pay (Night Huntress) (Kindle Edition)
A shame this is a spin off novella I wanted more but a good story nevertheless. I'm going to read happy never after now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 April 2015
LOVE THIS SERIRES AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW NOVEL

Devil to Pay (Night Huntress)