5.0 out of 5 stars A truly FIRST CLASS book
This book is perhaps THE best Police based book I have ever read! It is very well written, researched and presented. From the opening chapter to the very last it will have you enthralled, laughing and mesmerised by Policing in todays Society. I gave the book 5 stars and it IS WORTH IT! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to you and at under 4.00 it is, pardon the pun, a steal!
Published 22 months ago by Zorro

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy holiday read
The book is nothing special but it was funny in places and I had a few laughs. Provided some light reading whilst on holiday.
Published 8 months ago by holly

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly FIRST CLASS book, 2 Jun 2012
Zorro (County Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Police, Crime & 999 - The True Story of a Front Line Officer (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Split your sides laughing, call 999, 2 Jun 2012
An entertaining twist of life in the thin blue line. Everything from Eyeore to Dracula, from dogs to custody suites. The fun times and the hard times. It's a book you just want to keep reading, loved every minute. Go out and get this book, it's a crime if you don't.
This book was even funnier after reading it for the second time after finding the little bits I missed the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, witty and original. The best book I've read in years., 31 July 2011
Matt Rogers (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is a real classic. It's funny, addictive and insightful. The stories will make you laugh out loud and you will spend most of your time trying to read segments of the narrative to your nearest and dearest as it's too good not to pass on. A great book for anyone - you don't need to be intrigued by the workings of the police to love reading it but, if you are, there is plenty of juicy detail which is presented in an enjoyable and easy to read way. The wittiest yarn I have read for a very, very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of laughs, 22 Feb 2013
I decided to read this off the back of other reviews and comments from twitter. I am so glad I did. This book is full of fun and laughter and in some cases a real eye opener into what our fine Police force face each and every day.

If you need a giggle, then this will provide many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put simply: buy this now, 24 Feb 2013
Police Crime & 999 gives an absolutely hilarious insight into the side of modern policing often not reported with fantastic tales behind the blaring sirens of rushing police cars and the hands on side of policing. From a crowd drunken travellers hellbent on robbing a dead body to a mother with the most amazing threat ever to a bold child you will be bent over with laughter from the very first page.

Unputdownable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 May 2012
A lot of positive reviews about this book and I would echo every one. As a police officer it was easy to identify with the jobs and personalities set down in this book. For people outside of the job it will offer a differing insight to the world of response policing than that provided by the heavily edited fly on the wall documentaries that are endlessly repeated on Dave or UK Gold. It's an insight that accurately reflects the life of a response officer complete with the real and sometimes strange incidents that we are asked to attend, and all written with a very funny sense of humour. Hopefully another book is in the pipeline, (not the one in the custody block....). But I digress, stop reading this review and start reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant LOL stuff, 28 Jan 2012
I purchased this book after it was recommended to me.
It arrived yest and all I can say is thank god it arrived on a Friday as work could have got in the way. If you are looking for laugh out loud moments combined with an informative and educational insight into the life of a copper in this day and age, you have found the book for you. I have a tremendous amount of respect for any boy in blue, but reading this book, I think John Donoghue and his collegues need a medal!!!! I would not have the patience!
Written brilliantly, content.... hilarious, and I defy any female not to read it and question..... homes of precious items..... and if we are in the obvious catergory of perving over the uniform.
If your male...... you will love the blunt humour and the ability to find a positive out of a negative, no more clues other than "great rack".
Something for everyone, highly recommend, and to those who have already asked me what I'm laughing at..... I will send you the link . Just under 300 pages of pure pleasure, and dont miss any of it, the humour starts as soon as you open the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Funny Funny...., 26 May 2012
Can't remember the last time I laughed out loud whilst reading a book! Brilliantly funny, have recommended this already & I've not finished it yet. Buy it!! Be prepared for the odd looks u get when you read this in a public place!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best exercise book ever !, 26 May 2012
Forget those work out books to get that washboard flat stomach. This book provides so many belly laughs it works those muscles like no other !

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, funny book, 21 May 2012
This book had me laughing out loud on a flight which prompted some really odd looks from people around me! My husband heard snippets of it as I couldn't resist telling him some of the funniest bits and will read it again and again. A really refreshing lift when you're feeling a bit low.

ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)