5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by M. Tynan

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Tosh.....
Published on 7 Oct 2011 by Rossi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 29 Sep 2011
M. Tynan (Leics, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba 22DV501B 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Built-in DVD player (Electronics)
We bought this TV/DVD player for our dining kitchen. Our previous TV, a Daewoo, has never had a good picture in terms of realistic colour (despite changing the settings) and really messed up when it came to the digital switchover. It was great to get this new TV from Amazon, at a very good price. The picture is excellent, sound quality good and the remote control very straightforward to use. It is quite sleek and smart to look at - definitely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 6 Sep 2011
I received the television within two days of ordering it and it came in perfect condition. Simple and easy to set up with crisp and sharp viewing.

I play DVD's on it all the time and have never had a problem with it, I think it is good value for money considering the brand of it. Yes the brand does make a difference as I went to certain stores and brands such as 'Goodman' and 'Logik' were not as sharp and the picture quality was alot darker.

I have a set of speakers which I put into the socket to make the sound better for me, however the sound is also fine and I was very satisfied. Definitely invest in one! Perfect for my bedroom

5.0 out of 5 stars toshiba 22DV501B 22inch TV/DVD, 22 Aug 2011
Having shopped around and compared different models, my husband and I thought this TV/DVD was ideal for our kitchen. The picture quality is excellent and we found it easy to set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good TV but was almost a disaster, 23 Aug 2011
We bought this TV for our Son's bedroom so he could have it hooked up to SKY HD and as it came with a built in DVD player he can watch kids films upstairs leaving the main TV free for the grown ups. We unpacked and tested the TV on the day it arrived which was a couple of days before our son's birthday, the TV worked perfectly and was a doddle to set up, sadly when it came to the DVD player we had problems...

The DVD is a slot loading player and it took the disc in but refused to play it, we ejected the disc and tried several others but all gave the same error (and yes we had it in the right way up). Panic struck as we realised that the main Birthday present may need returning with no time for a replacement to show up. After much frantic googling we found a site that advised that the disc may not have fully inserted and that it may need a gentle nudge to lock in place on first use. We were nervous about trying this but using the edge of another disc we gently pushed the exposed edge of the dvd in the unit and it did indeed click into place and a white cover dropped down over the entrance to the slot. The disc loaded and played fine, we ejected that disc and inserted another which loaded without problem as has every disc since. It seems that there is a small glitch on first use.

The TV itself is great and our son is overjoyed with it, it is great value for money and is just the right size for his room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 9 Nov 2011
Bought this for my son's bedroom. Overall a good set that is easy to use with a wide range of features. We chose it as it had a built in DVD player and USB slot. You can watch .avi files via the USB slot although we have discovered some files have no sound, although they do when played via other devices - I guess this I to do with file quality, but not sure? The reason I gave it four stars is that the DVD player stopped working on the same day we got it. Amazon's service was excellent though and they sent me a replacement, which I received before having to send the broken one back, which they collected for free. Would recommend both the set and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balancing out an unfair review, 17 July 2011
L Millar "LTM" (U.K) - See all my reviews
I probably would have given this TV/DVD combo 4 stars if it wasn't for someone giving it one star, even though they A) Like the Tv, and B) think its a bargain. So, I gave it 5 stars to balance out the unfair 1 star.

First of all, a 22 inch is smaller than I thought it would be. Even though its in a small bedroom, I could have gotten away with a 26 inch tv, so if you have any doubts, buy the next size up. Other than that, the picture quality is fine, the sound quality is fine; it's kind of tinny with the speakers on the back but EQ tweaking can improve the overall sound to the point where it becomes acceptable and the volume is good. I have mine connected to a TIVO box through HDMI, so I can't relate to the other reviewer's problem with changing channels and the lack of info it provides, as it was pretty much a straight forward plug and play experience for me with the Tivo doing all the channel changing. The DVD player also does a good job, so no complaints there. The bottom line is, for how I use it, I can't really say anything too negative about this TV. The purchase price made it a good deal considering you not only get the TV, but a DVD player as well. Time will tell if the quality is there with buying a brand like Toshiba, but so far I'm pretty pleased with the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Bedroom TV, 31 Dec 2011
I am delighted with this TV. Bought as a smaller brother to the 42" which graces my living room. This 22" model is absolutely ideal for the bedroom! I can watch DVD movies whilst in bed & with the sleep timer I can be assured that it switches off if I fall asleep.
The quality is excellent and I would recommend this TV to anyone!
Thanks Amazon again!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Tosh....., 7 Oct 2011
I bought this to replace my old Sony portable TV. Overall i'm quite happy with it, the built in freeview and DVD work great and have freed up some much needed electric sockets. The picture quality is very good, much better than expected. The sound quality was a bit of a shock, my phone has a better speaker!. The factory settings are terrible so tweek the settings yourself. The remote is a bit creeky but does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV - remote control buttons a bit small, 28 Oct 2011
Bought the TV for my mum and it does exactly what she needs. Plays CDs and shows the TV. The tuning menu is very simple and asks for your primary and secondary regions so it can give you you local content if you receive TV from 2 or more areas. The picture is good and although this is a smnall TV I think the quality of the image is such that it makes up for that fact. That means you can have a small TV in your dining room or bedroom but still get a great picture.

The remote is the only let down. The fact that it broke is not really a problem as Amazon sent a whole new TV and remote out straight away. The buttons on the remote are tiny and I struggle to see them in low light so for my mum I have photographed it and blown it up! Some of the key buttons like "source" (to change from PVR to TV or DVD), "Info" and "EPG" are tiny.

My mum is happy with it but it makes me think I will look at the remote control button size for my next purchase.

It has a USB slot on the side so I can put some photos on a USB fob and show her the photos on her TV.

Price vs performance gives it 4 stars - the fifth was missing because of the remote. Great value TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 22 July 2011
A. G. Smith (Edinburgh UK) - See all my reviews
Decided to purchase this item after shop and web research. Picture quality and value for money excellent.
Delivery on time and easy to follow instructions.