5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever chewing gum!
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by A Horse Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Good... and Bad
With a recent reaction to my usual in store sugar free gum (IBS symptoms from Sorbitol/sweetener) I decided to give these a shot, even though they are hugely expensive, about 8 times the price of my usual gum. The item is delivered in a box with individual little boxes inside, like a retail shop display unit.
The pellets are your usual pillow shaped squares, matt...
Published 12 months ago by maria

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever chewing gum!, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Peppersmith 100% Xylitol Chewing Gum, Fine English Spearmint, 10 Pellets 15 g (Pack of 12, Total 120 Pellets) (Grocery)
I was suffering from a broken tooth and an abscess as a result and waiting to get to my dentist. For some help in the interim I was trying to find some advice on line. I read about xylitol (the sweetener in this chewing gum) and became really insterested and decided to buy some pure xylitol and this gum. I chew this 3 or 4 times a day and it keeps the bacterial taste away (it kills the bacteria) and is keeping me ticking over until my dental appointment comes round. This tooth was heading a bad way and without a doubt this chewing gum has helped.

A happy side effect has been reduced sensitivity in general, fresher breath, and whiter teeth. I have this on a standing order now, I am xylitol convert!

(Incidentally regular gum contains petrochemicals!!! this doesn't. It really is aspartame and additive free. Realy good stuff and the company deserves to do well).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good... and Bad, 13 Nov 2013
The pellets are your usual pillow shaped squares, matt and cream, not shiny and white. When you first chew one, they are very much the same as usual gum, same consistency, similar taste, maybe not as strong.

I personally didn't get any side effects from these so my sensitive tummy was very happy.

Problem is, the flavour does not last. You will get about 30 mins of flavour max, then you are left with a chewy blob, another minus is the the high price. If they did last longer in taste, maybe the spend is justified, but, as they die off fast, I would say a fair price for this pack would be £8-10. I guess a tip to reduce production costs would be to sell all 120 chews in a seal lock bag, rather than selling in a display box... what buyer needs to pay for the display box unless they are trade?

To sum up, yes I would buy them again, BUT my use of them wll be limited because of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural and Fresh, 15 Sep 2011
M. Wall - See all my reviews
Having finally found a gum that is natural with no Artificial Flavours, colours, preservatives and Aspartame. I thought I might give this a go.

I found this gum a little different to the "standard" gum that is out there. Initially, it has a burst of flavour and is a little hard, and as I chewed, the taste dissipated a little and the texture was pleasant. So I have been through a few boxes now and really enjoy the freshness that it provides me (after a morning cup of coffee at work).

The other day, I used someone else's "standard" gum and found the gum more like some chemically made rubber. That's when I realised, It IS rubber that they use in the gum!

I suggest you give this a go! It wont take long before you appreciate the natural goodness that Peppersmith gum is made of.
I highly recommend as a natural alternative to the "standard" rubber you buy in the shops!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chewing gum around, 26 Aug 2011
This is the best chewing gum around! Made from chicle and not plastic rubber so feels nicer and flavour lasts too ... normally I get the peppermint, but thought I'd ex-spearmint with something different (oh!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Gum Available, 13 April 2012
Peppersmith chewing gum is my favorite brand of gum, ethically sourced and made with British Mint.

The gum has a natural feel to it rather than the rubbery feel and chemical taste of some brands.

I go through loads of chewing gum, when im out and about so buying it in boxes of 12 packs is ideal for me.

The best chewing gum around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Nov 2013
Best chewing gum. The only one that concentrates on regulating the ph balance of your mouth therefore helping keep bacteria away

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Aug 2013
Piotr (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This is the best chewing gum that I have ever tried. I stopped chewing gum a few years ago, because of the unhealthy ingredients found in pretty much all chewing gums. This chewing gum is a clear exception though, and I can't say that they taste any worse for it. To the contrary, they have a good and natural taste. The only negative thing is that the taste disappears rather quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife likes it, 7 April 2013
This is another product which is recommended by dentist to help your teeth and gums stay healthy and clean .

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good but taste fades really quick, 5 July 2014
Would buy again, but true what others say, the taste fades very quickly, I'd say in under two minutes

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice flavour but doesn't last very long, 16 April 2014
I like these chewing gums. They have a nice mild flavor, cool packaging and of course no nasty additives. But the flavor doesn't last very long hence 4 stars as opposed to perfect 5.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›