5.0 out of 5 stars Put another Nickel in, in the Nickelodeon......, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
It was with some sense of shock that I realised I have probably listened to this album more than any other, since the day I bought it. This is mainly because I do voluntary work in a Day Care Centre for the Elderly, and oh boy, it is a smash hit with the members. But I do find myself listening to it frequently. Guy Mitchell was an amazing singer and all his best songs are captured here.

By modern standards the arrangements do sound "over the top" but this just adds to the fun. For instance the mere mention of a "clock" in the lyrics is sufficient for some "accompanist" in the background to make ticking noises with a wooden block. And the arrangements ARE weird. A honky tonk piano will suddenly appear, trill a few notes then disappear, never to be heard again. Similarly a hawaiian guitar will be used to play a single chord, then disappear. They use "sound effects" to ilustrate the lyrics in a way that we wouldn't nowadays. And the backing choir are, to be polite, "something else".

I can not emphasise enough, how much fun this album is. For older listeners there is a lot of nostalgia in the music but for younger listeners, perhaps hearing Guy for the first time, the almost- surreal arrangements, the backing choir ( and the use of schoolchildren on "sippin' soda) combined with Guy Mitchell's amazing singing voice- make it a joy, and a feast of "kitsch" not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy Mitchell-Greatest Hits, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Pure sentiment prompted me to buy this.I had the cassette tape (in good condition but CD`s so much more convenient}.The sound is great and I even have my 4yr old grandson singing along with me.All in all a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy Mitchelle Greates hits, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
All recieved on time and what great value. A couple of songs are on this CD that I had not hear before!

4.0 out of 5 stars 50s cheerful Guy, 29 Aug 2008
Mr. Michael Pailing (Notts UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I believe this is a recording made in surround sound,not original with Mitch Miller orchestra, but nevertheless worth having Guy Mitchell made his
come back in the eighties after a long illness, the remarkable thing was that his voice was still in tact,and had survived about two decades,which this recording prooves, lively,and in good stereo/surround, the back up singers and musicians do a very decent job sounding close to the Mitch Miller, for the price well worth buying along with the original mono recording, which is also available which to my surprise included "There's always room at our house" which originally was a worthy "B"side to "Liberty Bell" that I purchassed in 1952 whilst on leave from the RAF
and drove my parents out of the house,wearing the record out before I returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mitchell Magic, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Prior to this purchase, I had never tried buying anything with Amazon, but one purchase soon changed that. The producct itself arrived promptly and it was just what I had ordered. Since buying the CD, I have purchsed several other items, all perfect and delivered promptly. I will be dealing with Amazon in the future. Brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Memories!, 23 July 2009
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Bought this for a friend as we had been reminiscing one night about "she wears red feathers and a hooli hooli skirt". Thrilled to find this CD on Amazon and its amazing how many songs we remember. Thoroughly recommend it for a bit of nostalgia and fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice CD, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
A nice CD. There was nothing wrong with it.

The post was timely. There is nothing else that needs saying.

Thanks. DJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
How good is Guy Michell? The best! Taken on holiday for the purpose of sing along entertainment in the car and a complete hit. Everyone hoarse to the point of inability to speak by the time we arrived!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 31 Dec 2011
Mr. A. G. Taylor (NOTTINGHAM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I have just received this album. I was only a nipper when these songs came out! Have listened to them and they are wonderful. One song I havn't heard for 50 Years, (FEET UP PAT IM ON THE PO PO) Made me laugh! If you want a laugh, BUY THIS!

Guy Mitchell Greatest Hits