5.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly dark humour, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clown (Klovn - The Movie) (DVD)
I knew nothing about this movie [ or its tv series ] and so just decided to take a chance . I love Danish films and find that scandi humour works well for me [ world comedy doesn't always translate ; german leaves me confused and I find much of French humour too childish] . This is a classic and being from zentropa there are lots of in jokes / familiar faces and a total Festen style ending . Basically its the story about how a man tries to convince his partner that he is suitable to be the father to their unborn child . The humour is dark , ridiculous and very rude . I don't think some of the jokes especially when there is a child in the scene would be allowed here with our narrow minds and censorship and this definitely isn't the 11 rating it says on the box. I can see why it has been just a hit in Denmark , its so un pc and so just let yourself go , despite how bad life can be . The kind of film to watch with friends , a drink and shout at the tv . Danish cinema isn't all Sarah Lund in her jumpers .

5.0 out of 5 stars A great surprise, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Clown (Klovn - The Movie) (DVD)
Having watched a few Danish dramas (haven't we all?), I decided to watch Klovn as I had heard good things about it (particularly as I'm also a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm). This was a great film to watch. Hilarious in places, and at times it made me squeal at the TV. A well made film with a good story.

Clown (Klovn - The Movie) [Blu-Ray]
Clown (Klovn - The Movie) [Blu-Ray] by Casper Christensen (Blu-ray)